PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on MOSAICO cigars from famous

shemp
11-25-2008, 10:50 AM
ok brothers,

have any of you tried any of the mosaico line of cigars from famous? they are seconds from general cigar that have been relabeled. they could be punch, sancho panza, hoyo, or whatever else general makes. being in the cheap bastage category that i am, and currently no income, but have some money still, i need to spend thriftfully, so i see these are on discontinued status and i can get a bundle of 20 of them for about 15-24.00 depending on what is on sale that day. has anybody tried these and if so please give me some comparative flavor profiles that they would relate to.

thanks

clark

Coz77
11-25-2008, 12:25 PM
I bought a bundle of the cameroons a while back. The first 5 or 6 were really good...Mild, smooth, creamy and sweet. After that they seemed to smoke bitter on me so I slowed things down. You really need to sip these cigars and keep them from getting hot to enjoy them. Construction was nice and they burn like a champ.

Overall though I find them to be very inconsistent. Ive had a few really good ones and Ive had some downright aweful ones...all from the same bundle. :confused:

Im leaving for the holidays tomorrow morning, but when I come back Id be happy to dig up a few from the bottom of the humi and send them your way. PM me.

variable
11-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I've purchased the Cameroons a few times. For about a buck a stick, I think they are very nice for the price.

My tastes have changed, but I still smoke them sometimes. I also keep some around for handouts. I have also sent many of these to the troops - lets my donation go a long way.

I think you should try them, you will likely enjoy them. I don't think you can get any better for a buck each.

acarr
11-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I was looking at getting a bundle of the panetela's so i am curious as to the quality of these also. For the price, I figured it might be worth a try.