PDA

View Full Version : Something To Crow About...

shilala
08-29-2011, 07:00 PM
It says so right on the bag. Candy corn Jelly Belly's. I love candy corn, and I love jelly belly's, how can this be anything short of the greatest gastronomic event of my lifetime?
I'm gonna open them up now...

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/scottshilala/9b8505e5.jpg

G G
08-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Sorry but I hate candy corn, my wife loves it though.:tu

irratebass
08-29-2011, 07:03 PM

Ditto.....enjoy though Scott.

Ogre
08-29-2011, 07:10 PM

Ditto.....enjoy though Scott.

You two have no taste!!!!! Great find brother!!!!:dr:dr

replicant_argent
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
That reminds me of eating candy corn and Spanish peanuts..... Tastes just like a Salted Nut Roll.

Must be the St. Paul Guy in me.

G G
08-29-2011, 07:18 PM
I hate those big orange peanut shaped soft candies too.:tu

Fordman4ever
08-29-2011, 07:41 PM
I love candy corn, jelly belly and circus peanuts.

kelmac07
08-29-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm with Greg...Candy Corn and Circus Peanuts suck. :r :r

Guess that's more for you Scott. :D

replicant_argent
08-29-2011, 07:45 PM
I hate those big orange peanut shaped soft candies too.:tu

Sweet Holy Jesus, you didn't actually EAT those damn things, did you?
I had always thought you need to be dropped on ya haid repeatedly to want to even try em.

They just ain't natural.

shilala
08-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I love circus peanuts, too. :D

A little tip on candy corn jelly belly's...
You can only eat about 1/3rd of the bag before they make you sick. I can eat way more candy corn before I get sick.
I even like the candy corn with chocolate ends on them. One time I found caramel/apple candy corn. It was a bit of a stretch, but once it sat around for a year and got stale and formed one giant lump, it was pretty good. Apparently they require a certain amount of aging. :tu

Coach Deg
08-29-2011, 08:07 PM
I love all Jelly Belly's!!!!!!!

Bill86
08-29-2011, 08:15 PM
I love circus peanuts, too. :D

A little tip on candy corn jelly belly's...
You can only eat about 1/3rd of the bag before they make you sick. I can eat way more candy corn before I get sick.
I even like the candy corn with chocolate ends on them. One time I found caramel/apple candy corn. It was a bit of a stretch, but once it sat around for a year and got stale and formed one giant lump, it was pretty good. Apparently they require a certain amount of aging. :tu

I agree the caramel apple ones were not very good.

Chocolate ones :dr

Regular candy corn :dr

Goofy circus peanuts....these range from doorstops to delicious.

I must find these candy corn jelly bellys.

I found the same thing with PEZ candy. If you get "fresh" PEZ they taste like $HIT! I let them b!tches sit out on my dresser for about 2 years....:dr

G G
08-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Sweet Holy Jesus, you didn't actually EAT those damn things, did you?
I had always thought you need to be dropped on ya haid repeatedly to want to even try em.

They just ain't natural.

Once ad hence the hatred for em.

Savor the Stick
08-29-2011, 08:18 PM
I love Jelly Belly....only the Pear flavor. I could sit down and eat pounds of it.

I don't go to ANY store that sells Jelly Belly! I can't control myself around it. :r:r

G G
08-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Wow. Its kevin. How are you buddy?

icehog3
08-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Scott....why not just get regular candy corn? Bet it's cheaper, too. :)

shilala
08-30-2011, 12:03 AM
I was clothes shopping with Weeze and they didn't have any candy corn, Tom. This was my reward for behaving myself. :tu

WittyUserName
08-30-2011, 05:21 AM
I am a fan of the little pumpkins that are made of the candy corn stuff as well as strait up candy corn.

And I have no clue what you mean by the circus peanuts.

Blak Smyth
08-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Info:
Candy Corn was created in one batch in 1956, there has never been the need for a second run. They have been passed around from one year to the next, and since nobody actually eats them (Except Scott) there will always be an abundance. Kinda like fruit cake.

Thanks for the review Scott!

I also hate Jelly Bellys because I over dosed on them as a kid camping in Yosemite.

Skywalker
08-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Info:
Candy Corn was created in one batch in 1956, there has never been the need for a second run. They have been passed around from one year to the next, and since nobody actually eats them (Except Scott) there will always be an abundance. Kinda like fruit cake.

Thanks for the review Scott!

I also hate Jelly Bellys because I over dosed on them as a kid camping in Yosemite.

:r:r:r

Hippiebrian
08-30-2011, 07:22 AM
I try not to eat anything with a big c*#k on the bag...

WittyUserName
08-30-2011, 07:22 AM

Over the course of my life I have had the pleasure of puking up alot of things........Jelly Bellys are not on that list nor to I ever with them to be.

icehog3
08-30-2011, 09:07 AM
I was clothes shopping with Weeze and they didn't have any candy corn, Tom. This was my reward for behaving myself. :tu

I get it, Scott....I do the same thing, except I substitute candy corn with tequila. :)

replicant_argent
08-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I get it, Scott....I do the same thing, except I substitute candy corn with tequila. :)

I think I might pass on candy corn flavored tequila, ADB.

Oh, and have you tried Hussong's Reposado? I had a sip or two with a friend a few weeks ago.

Whee
08-30-2011, 09:35 AM
http://www.jellybelly.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=98430

:noon

fissure
08-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Jelly Belly make actual candy corn too! Always pick up a few bags in the fall.

shilala
08-30-2011, 12:04 PM

I think I might pass on candy corn flavored tequila, ADB.

Oh, and have you tried Hussong's Reposado? I had a sip or two with a friend a few weeks ago.

Don't stress, guys. There's Margarita flavored Jelly Belly's. They'd go great with a bottle of Mezcal. :tu

Skywalker
08-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker!!!:noon