PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobiling Western NY

Chainsaw13
08-28-2011, 12:05 PM
I know it's still summer, but it's never to early to think about snowmobiling. My friends and I are thinking of riding in western NY this year. We normally ride in the Munising, MI area on MLK weekend however the snow's been hit or miss the last few years.

Anyone have recommendations on places to stay, trails to ride, etc? How much are the trail permits?

cobra03
08-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Theres alot of good places around both Buffalo and Rochester. i dont personally snowmobile on a regular basis but i have been to Sprauge Brook park south of Buffalo http://www2.erie.gov/parks/index.php?q=sprague-brook
They have alot of great trails and i believe its free to snow mobile. Shoot me a pm i can get you some info on more areas if you want and places to stay.

AAlmeter
08-31-2011, 03:37 PM
I don't snowmobile, but I think there's a fairly extensive trail that runs through Lockport and surrounding areas. It runs on private land, but the landowners have granted permission for its use.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff down towards Allegheny or Letchworth state parks as well.

If you decide on a place to ride, I can fill you in on lodging/restaurants in the area.

Chainsaw13
08-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks guys. If we end up heading that way, which it looks like we will, I'll get back in touch with you both.

cobra03
08-31-2011, 08:07 PM
sounds good . We can get together for a smoke for sure.

AAlmeter
08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
sounds good . We can get together for a smoke for sure.

:tu

Especially with a guy whose line is "cigars and ARs".