PDA

View Full Version : Mayan Riviera, Woohoo!

BC-Axeman
08-25-2011, 09:30 PM
I just dropped the hammer on an all-inclusive vacation near Tulum, Mexico with my wife. It's been a while since we did something like this.
Last week of Oct. White sand, turquoise water, blue sky, little white puffy clouds, drinks with umbrellas in them, bikinis...ah!
I'll keep my eye out for some good deals on glass top collectables. Nearest sizable place is Playa Del Carmen.

jesseboston81
08-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a great trip! Congrats!

Ogre
08-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Have a good time brother!!!! Dont drink to much, if thats possible!!!

jsnake
08-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Have fun. I need one of these next year. Better post up some pics when you get back.

Drez
08-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be a blast!!! Enjoy brother!!

Scothew
08-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Nice! Enjoy

Moose6026
08-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Have a good time man. Fun in the sun.:banger

bobarian
08-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a great vacation. Have fun Lance!:banger

irratebass
08-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Ya lucky bastige! Me and wife are talking hard about going somewhere, not next year, but the following year.

Next year is Pensacola, Fl to see her niece's graduation then HOPEFULLY the Shack herf in Aug for me.

Anyway, sounds like an amazing trip, def want pics, and to see what smokes you bring back.

pektel
08-26-2011, 05:07 AM
That's awesome! I've been wanting to visit the Mayan riviera for some time. I plan on making it there in February. Haven't researched it completely yet, but on my timeshare company's website, there are some sweet prices on 1 week stays down there. only bad part is there are no all inclusive resorts right now.

WittyUserName
08-26-2011, 06:16 AM
It is beautiful down there. Enjoy yourself and relax with some great smokes.

fissure
08-26-2011, 06:18 AM
Was there in march of this year. Beautiful area and would go back someday, but not to the same resort (Dreams Tulum). Have a great time:tu

BC-Axeman
08-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Was there in march of this year. Beautiful area and would go back someday, but not to the same resort (Dreams Tulum). Have a great time:tu
That's where we're going. My daughter and husband went there for their honeymoon and loved it. Seems kind of remote to me but that is a selling point to my wife. My daughter's talking so much about it is what got us into this. We've done an Alaskan cruise and a Dom. Rep. all inclusive and loved both of those. The pampering is 180 degrees opposite of my regular life.

Skywalker
08-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Very nice, Lance!!!:tu

N2 GOLD
08-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Lance, You will love it I've been there twice. The last time was a a year ago next month. You need to take the excursion to Tulum it ia a great one. It is a great experiance. My family & I did three excursions & they were
Tulum, Chichen Itza & Xel Ha. Xel Ha was kool because it is a big water park with underwater caves & snorkeling. GREAT TIMES... :tu

shilala
08-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Congratulations, Lance!!! :tu

T.G
08-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Cool deal. Have fun Lance!

Blak Smyth
08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Congrats, enjoy your get away!
I think the wife and I are going to her friends destination wedding on some island next year. I hope you have a great time!

e-man67
08-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Went to Barcelo Maya Colonial in Riviera Maya in June. Took the wife and kids and it was awesome. My kids said they don't want to go to Disney next year but back to Mexico! Surprised b/c they are 6 and 9! It was fantastic. Saw 7 or so sea turtles right off the beach, rays, tons of fish...crystal clear water.

IBQTEE1
08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Enjoy Lance!!

DPD6030
08-26-2011, 03:12 PM
That's where we're going. My daughter and husband went there for their honeymoon and loved it. Seems kind of remote to me but that is a selling point to my wife. My daughter's talking so much about it is what got us into this. We've done an Alaskan cruise and a Dom. Rep. all inclusive and loved both of those. The pampering is 180 degrees opposite of my regular life.

You will be treated very well there. Like Steve said though, the beach isn't as nice a beach and there is one area where there are no rocks/coral that you can swim in the ocean. Basically it's right where the trampoline is at. I'm not a huge water type guy so it didn't bother me sitting under an umbrella drinking all day long.

Warning- Do not buy any cigars from the shop there. They are all fake.

BC-Axeman
08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Warning- Do not buy any cigars from the shop there. They are all fake.
What if I want to buy some fake cigars? I should be able to get the really cheap.
Can I bring my own good cigars?

Cigarcop
08-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Best vacation my wife and I ever had, we also rented a car and drove to Playa a couple times....outstanding place..you'll have a great time!

DPD6030
08-27-2011, 03:11 AM
What if I want to buy some fake cigars? I should be able to get the really cheap.
Can I bring my own good cigars?

IF you want fakes then by all means yes you can buy them. Cheap no. They sell them as real and pay a "real" price. Yes you can take your own cigars. I did.

BC-Axeman
08-27-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm going to call BS on some fakes and try to knock the price down. If for nothing more than the challenge.

DPD6030
08-27-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm going to call BS on some fakes and try to knock the price down. If for nothing more than the challenge.

Another quick tip. Try all the bars because you won't get the same drink made the same way all the time unless you find a bar and bartender that you like ;)

BC-Axeman
08-27-2011, 02:06 PM
It's hard to mess up a straight shot of whiskey with a beer chaser.

DPD6030
08-27-2011, 09:38 PM
It's hard to mess up a straight shot of whiskey with a beer chaser.

You have to ask for the good stuff or they give you the chitty stuff. ;)

hotreds
08-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Oh, I thought this was about Mariano Rivera. Neeever miiind......:sl

BC-Axeman
10-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I just found out there is a LCDH at Playa del Carmen! I wonder how much it will cost me to be left alone there.;)

fissure
10-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Very expensive and not a huge selection. Was there in march and wouldn't pay their tourist prices and walked out. Ask e-man, he went to a different store with better luck.

e-man67
10-18-2011, 06:31 AM
Only 2 legit places to buy from:

LCDH IN Playa and Casa Partagas in Playa...all others are fakes and uber expensive.

BC-Axeman
10-18-2011, 06:53 AM
I don't want boxes. I just want to sample and hang out.

BC-Axeman
10-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Came back to the resort Tue afternoon and they were trimming all the coconut trees. Turns out there is a hurricane on the way. Yesterday they boarded everything up that was facing the open sea, removed anything not bolted down, even cut all the coconuts out of the trees. There is a government order not to serve alcohol but we have some in the room.
The first day here I smoked a H. Upman Mag 50 while lazing on the beach.
The second day it was a "Farm Rolled" (thanks, Huy) after visiting the Mayan ruins.
Yesterday it was an ī06 RyJ Cazadores while watching some of the outer bands of the storm.
Today I will smoke a Cohiba Lancero while my wife gets a spa treatment.

I tried to talk a guy who is selling glass top Cohibas into a lower price because they are fakes but he was adamant that they were real. I told him thatīs what everybody always says but there are no real glass top Cohibas. He got offended at that so I just walked away.

It looks like the storm is moving in right now, Iīm going to go watch.

IBQTEE1
10-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Stay safe Lance.

yourchoice
10-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Stay safe Lance.

:tpd: Just checked the Weather Channel and it looks like a soaker!

E.J.
10-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Hope it blows over without issue. Heading to the Beach Palace in the Spring. Right across the street from the Cancun LCdH....

Pics!!!!

Jefft72
10-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Storm was downgraded today, so hopefully you don't get blown out. If it's raining then you will have to smoke from a covered porch.

Enjoy! It's been too long since I have been there and would like to get back. I do recall purchasing a face Cohiba when I was there. Of course I was told it was real and paid $10 for it. I enjoyed sitting on the beach at night smoking it.

BC-Axeman
10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
The storm fizzled out. Not even much rain.
I had a Trini Fundy on Saturday to finish off the week and spent all day yesterday coming home. Back to work today. It went too fast. Pics are on my wife's camera.
I didn't buy any cigars there. There may have been some real ones or the fakes may have even been good but I had brought my own good smokes and didn't even get to smoke all of them.
I only gained 4 pounds. Pretty good for being at an all inclusive, I think.

DPD6030
10-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Sounds like you enjoyed your vacation. I never told that guy he had fakes I just walked out.

BC-Axeman
10-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Another quick tip. Try all the bars because you won't get the same drink made the same way all the time unless you find a bar and bartender that you like ;)
I've never had a whiskey sour made so many different ways, once even right. I got it different ways (in different glasses) from the same bartender. That goes for every other drink (lost count) I ordered. They went light on the alcohol, which I liked. I could drink a lot of drinks all day long because of that. I found that ordering a Manhattan got me a strong drink every time. Once I ordered "whiskey neat" and had to stop the guy from pouring whiskey into the glass at two fingers. He wasn't stopping.
I had a great time!!! Everyone is so attentive, helpful, and nice. Even when they were up all night doing hurricane prep or recovery. You could tell they were worn out but they still kept a good front. We might try for a family reunion there next year.

DPD6030
10-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Sounds great Lance. I'd love to go back someday but maybe to a different Dreams. I'd like to experiance the different locales of them.

BC-Axeman
11-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Beachin'
First day there.
http://fracstar.com/pics/beachin2.jpg