PDA

View Full Version : Xikar triple flame in-line torch

phrogg111
08-24-2011, 06:16 PM
So, I'm out here on Camp Marmal, in Afghanistan, and I recieved two care packages from the director of marketing at Xikar to distribute. One of three lighters (out of about 50 sent out here) that I kept for myself was a triple-flame in-line torch. Mine is finished in brushed silver with chrome in the middle, but I gave away the holy grail of the first package - the gun metal grey finished one. They call this lighter the "Trezo" series:

http://www.xikar.com/products/lighters/trezo/

The lighter itself has a flip-open cover that you flip with your thumb. It doesn't get in the way, because it's hinged at a level lower than the flames are at. The ignition is a pull-down switch. The three flames aren't all just facing directly up - the middle one points straight up, and the outer two point in, for a nice, focused flame.

This is, far and away, the best lighter I've ever owned. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford another one if I lose this one, either - cheapest I've seen this thing go for is $75, with retail set at $100! I have to say, though, if I was going to invest in a lighter, knowing what I know now, this is the one I'd go for. I carry this thing everywhere in my pocket in a tiny little crown royal bag that I brought as a reminder that one day, I'll get back home.

So far, I've had this lighter for about a month and a half. I can only get access to cheap butane from Iran, because you can't mail out butane. I got hold of some canned air to clean out the nozzle if it gets clogged - but it HASN'T! The three flames light up a 70 ring gauge MONSTER of a cigar in LITERALLY two and a half seconds. I mean it. I got a "Big Dog" cigar from Thompson's, 70 ring by 5 inch, and it was lit in under 3 seconds. Two or three swipes with the flame on is all it needs for any regular sized cigar. This is the most reliable lighter I've ever had, and while it eats through fuel quick, if you light up your cigar quickly then don't play with it at all, you'll easily get 50 cigars lit before you have to gas it up again. Been there, done that!

To Xikar - Thank you so much for sending this out to me. After I get out of the army and get a real job, and if I ever open up a cigar shop, I will only have Xikar lighters and accessories.

Anyone else have one of these? Thoughts?

Stevez
08-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks Phil. That's a cool looking lighter and a great thing Xikar did for you all. I'm very unlucky when it comes to butane lighters myself. Have several that don't last very long and something goes wrong. But, this one's cool and I'll be watching it. Thanks for posting and thanks for your service to this great country of ours. Take care and get home soon. Steve

phrogg111
08-24-2011, 06:32 PM
...Well Stevez, maybe it's just cause I work on helicopters, but everyone I've talked to who's brought me their broken lighter, I've gotten it working within 5 or 10 minutes. Shoot me an email if you want some help, happy to lend a hand!

irratebass
08-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Phil, that's one expensive lighter that, it's a beauty though...nice review:tu

TBone
08-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Phil looks like a sweet lighter but how's the dirt and sand effecting it...

Stevez
08-25-2011, 10:53 AM
...Well Stevez, maybe it's just cause I work on helicopters, but everyone I've talked to who's brought me their broken lighter, I've gotten it working within 5 or 10 minutes. Shoot me an email if you want some help, happy to lend a hand!

Phil, email sent and thanks for the offer. Steve

phrogg111
08-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Phil looks like a sweet lighter but how's the dirt and sand effecting it...

Dirt and sand hasn't done anything to it so far. Mostly dirt and really, really fine dust in my part of Afghanistan. I've dropped the lighter quite a few times. Worst thing that happens, and I just blow the dust off, adjust the flame up, and light it. Works like a champ!

Tbagley
08-30-2011, 06:05 AM
You are deserving of such a gift and thanks for your service!

Ranger_B
08-30-2011, 06:16 AM
Phil great review. I do not know where in the stan you lay your head but how does that thing do at the altitudes. I was at some crap hole camp at 10000 ft for a while and could never light a cigar.

Subvet642
08-30-2011, 06:22 AM
I have a Xikar Enigma, and I love it; it is so freakin' reliable and with Xikar's no BS lifetime warranty, I may never have to buy another.

falconman515
09-12-2011, 08:33 PM
The warranty is key with these bad boys

I got my Xikar cutter and am now looking for a new go to Xikar lighter as well.

Thanks for the review, I will definitely be looking into this lighter in my search.