PDA

View Full Version : This Place and The People That Make It So

ahc4353
11-24-2008, 09:55 PM
I thought long and hard as to where to post this and even if I should. Some things need to be said so here it is.

As most of you are aware you can't say a thing around here without someone stepping up to lend a hand, offer to send you something you want to try or in general take care of you as a big brother would look after his little brother or sister. So when asked, my humidor is always filled with just the right amount of cigars to keep the RH level perfect and I have tried and or currently own every cigar ever made. I find it funny sometimes that a talk board makes it so hard to talk. :)

Anyway, sometimes life throws you a curve and even for a guy that has been around as long as I have you just can't figure out how to hit it. So you go to your trusted friends for an ear, maybe some advice but mainly just to get it off your chest with someone you respect and trust.

I recently did just that with a few close friends here and over the last three weeks my family and I have been shown generosity of the likes I have never seen in my lifetime.

Some of you I know who you are, others have remained anonymous.

Words can not truly express what I am feeling tonight. What people have done for my family and I over the past year of being here and especially the generosity I have been shown over the last few weeks is simply beyond my capability to put to words.

On behalf of myself and my family I wanted to publicly thank each of you (and you know who you are even if I don't) for making this a Thanksgiving and a Christmas that the Clark family will never, ever forget.

This is truly a special place with special, special people.

May God Bless each and every one of you.

Al

av8tor152d
11-24-2008, 10:02 PM
May God bless the Clark household, Hope you have a great holiday this weekend Al !

pnoon
11-24-2008, 10:12 PM
;)

Da Klugs
11-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Al you are a nice person amongst nice people here, all the best to you and your family this holiday season.

and..

http://www.samday.com/images/02sleeve.jpg

:)

awsmith4
11-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Al I can't think of a kinder person (despite what you claim) than yourself Al. I don't know of your troubles but may God be with you and your family.

bobarian
11-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Its called karma my friend. In biblical terms. "Ye sow, so shall ye reap" Inmates here and gorillas before have eyes and ears, though we may not voice our appreciation as often as we should. In time, all things are seen and know. You are truly one of the good guys and everything that is done reflects your past actions. Thank you for everything you bring to this wonderful community, Al. God bless and warm wishes to the Clark family during this season of thanks. :salute:

G G
11-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Nice to see you being sensitive Al, just kidding bro. I have come to love this place and the people who make it what it is myself. I just wish I could meet more of yall face to face.

icehog3
11-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Good things come to good people, Al. You're good people. :)

68TriShield
11-25-2008, 05:03 AM
All the Best Always :)

elderboy02
11-25-2008, 05:05 AM
You are a great BOTL :tu

dccraft
11-25-2008, 05:46 AM
If Al were in the movies, he'd be the one on the white horse. :cb

poker
11-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Al,
As its been already said, you're one of the good guys. Wishing you and your family nothing but the best this holiday season.

Mugen910
11-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Al you are a nice person amongst nice people here, all the best to you and your family this holiday season.

and..

http://www.samday.com/images/02sleeve.jpg

:)

That is the weirdest pic I've seen today!

Hopefully I'll see ya Sat Al for more Bro-mance!

MikeyC
11-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey Al never forget that you're one of the guys who makes this a great place.

SilverFox
11-25-2008, 08:54 AM
I always find it interesting when people talk of what they are like and what people think. I am in full agreement with Al it isn't the place it is the people that make it so. In fact that has been so clearly proven in how this board went from non existent to a vibrant community in mere days. It is the people that made it so not a bunch of line of code or some canned forum software it is the men and women that came here and brought with them who they are.

Now to Al my good friend, you are very deserving of the compassion of the people of this world regardless of what you may sometimes think.

"Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed--borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves."

I wish you and yours the best of this holiday season my friend my the trials and tribulations of the present soon become the stories of your past. I am always here with an ear and a smoke. (Ok and the occasional bomb)

Have a great Tuesday my friend.

And to those that may have been involved with this generalist that Al mentioned you have my heartfelt thanks.

Skywalker
11-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I can't imagine this place without you Al!!!

All the best to you and yours!!!

14holestogie
11-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Al, the BOTL who always has a kind word, great advice, and not a selfish bone in his body can't understand why someone(s) would step up in his time of need? Can somebody get this guy a mirror? This place is the way it is and what it is in no small thanks to people like you. Peace, love and prayers to you and yours this holiday (and every) season. Thanks for being who you are and letting us ride along. All the kind posts before this one I heartily second.

Mugen910
11-25-2008, 12:50 PM

I can....ahhhh bliss! :ss

J/k:fu

Skywalker
11-25-2008, 12:53 PM

I can....ahhhh bliss! :ss

J/k:fu

Sorry! It was supposed to read...

I can't imagine this place without you ALL!!!:D:r

SmokeyJoe
11-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Good things come to good people, Al. You're good people. :)

Couldn't agree more. :tu

CBI_2
11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Yea! What they (all Prior posts here) said.

Genetic Defect
11-25-2008, 05:58 PM
one of these days Al :)

Sailchaser
11-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Your post sharing your thanks and appreciation of things is a true representation of what a fine BOTL you truly are. I share your gratitude in the friendships I have earned in this Haven and will have a smoke in your families honor with mine on Thursday, Best of all to you and your family

DragonMan
11-26-2008, 07:54 AM
I hope life will never throw you any curves that you won't be able to handle Al. If there is anything I can do for you don't hesitate to ask. I wish you and your family all the best.

http://smilies.vidahost.com/games/ff/ff6/ff6bosses/whitedragon.gif