PDA

View Full Version : CS Noob Adoption review for Oct.

Blues Tiger
11-24-2008, 02:12 PM
This is a review for my noob "adoption" from the Club Stogie forum. I posted it there as well, but I posted here because most of us are now in the asylum.

This month I decided to review the Taboo Dominican Maduro that I received from MarkinCA for October. I am a big fan of the Taboo Twist so I was eager to see what the other cigars in the lineup are all about. For a maduro cigar, I thought the wrapper was lighter in color than I'm used to. It was a very nice brown leather color. The tobacco was bunched very nicely as shown in the photo below.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj235/bluestiger/DSC01024.jpg

There were no noticeable imperfections on the wrapper and the cigar was a corona size. On to the smoke.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj235/bluestiger/DSC01020.jpg

1st. Third
I toasted the foot with my colibri talon lighter and clipped off the cap with my trusty Palio cutter. The first blast of flavor I notice is a hint of toasted almonds with a caramel aftertaste. Not the normal chocolate flavor that I'm used to in a maduro cigar. The finish is very smooth. The burn is razor sharp. The draw is a little deliberate and firm. Ash is med-gray and firm.

2nd Third
Near flawless burn line and beautiful ash. Now I'm picking up a slight flavor of grapefruit and cedar in addition to the creamy caramel from before. Still a very nice aftertaste and finish. Draw has opened up perfectly.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj235/bluestiger/DSC01031.jpg

Final Third
The cigar has been one of the best burning smokes I've ever had. The flavors are somewhat mild, but very good. The ash held on for a long time and remained firm even after gently falling off in the ashtray. Taboo has another very nice cigar in my opinion, and Rob can be expecting an order very soon! Thanks Mark for the great cigars last month brother, and I hope everyone finds this review helpful.

Jay

spincycle
11-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the review and pics! Welcome to the Asylum!

G G
11-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Nice review, thanks.

Smokin Gator
11-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I haven't had that one... thanks for the review.

Texan in Mexico
11-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I received a bundle of these last week and am tearing thru them at a fast clip.

Nice review.

Very nice cigar for an everyday stick IMO.

Scottw
11-24-2008, 03:24 PM
GOod review!!

Blues Tiger
11-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Wow, I just realized this is my first post on the asylum! I guess I've been away from the boards too long. :ss

MarkinAZ
11-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Wow, I just realized this is my first post on the asylum! I guess I've been away from the boards too long. :ss

No need to become a posting whore Jay;)

Nice review Jay and glad you enjoyed this stick. Now I guess I need to get my fanny in gear and send you out some more sticks huh? Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving Jay:ss

Blues Tiger
11-25-2008, 07:35 PM
No need to become a posting whore Jay;)

Nice review Jay and glad you enjoyed this stick. Now I guess I need to get my fanny in gear and send you out some more sticks huh? Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving Jay:ss

Same to you Mark. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

MarkinAZ
12-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Just finished one of these this morning with a cup of coffee. Great draw, flavor, and burn:ss