PDA

View Full Version : Xikar Rectangular Hygrometer

zman
08-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I am new here.

Hopefully someone can give me a more detailed description of calibrating an Xikar Hygrometer. I am in the process of calibrating the hygrometer according to Xikar's instructions. I mixed the salt and DOUBLE BAGGED the hygrometer in two heavy duty zip lock bags. Is this sufficient? Does the ambient temperature have anything to do with the results? The instructions say 4 hours is enough, should I wait longer?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zman

NCRadioMan
08-05-2011, 06:10 PM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=619

Welcome!

zman
08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks NC.

The one I have has a calibration button. Hopefully someone has one of these and can help me out with their experience with it.

longknocker
08-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks NC.

The one I have has a calibration button. Hopefully someone has one of these and can help me out with their experience with it.

Usually 1 Click Of The Button = 1% RH Adjustment. :tu

Ashcan Bill
08-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I really need to get my eyes checked.

As I was quickly scanning down the list of new threads, for a moment I thought Xikar had come out with a rectal thermometer.

icehog3
08-05-2011, 07:24 PM
As I was quickly scanning down the list of new threads, for a moment I thought Xikar had come out with a rectal thermometer.

I like to keep mine at 70*. ;)

MurphysLaw
08-05-2011, 07:44 PM
if you dont have the instructions for the hygro, click below and theres a link to a .pdf just follow the instructions, easy as pie

https://xikar.com/product_digital_hygrometers.asp

zman
08-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Well after 29 hours it finally calibrated 75%. I am glad I did not follow the Xikar directions which instructs only 4 hours. I used a soda bottle cap full of salt and doubled up the zip-lock bags.

Z-Man
:noon

Drez
08-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Well after 29 hours it finally calibrated 75%. I am glad I did not follow the Xikar directions which instructs only 4 hours. I used a soda bottle cap full of salt and doubled up the zip-lock bags.

Z-Man
:noon

i have one of these and that's how i do it. i let mine sit for a day (24hr) and im golden.

:banger:banger