PDA

View Full Version : Note to Canadians Shipping to the U.S.

RHNewfie
11-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey folks, I have had a couple of boxes returned to me now in the past little while. In trying to figure out what is going on it seems that if you reuse a box and ANY stickers are left on it from previous use the posties may send it back to you. Just an FYI, be sure to cover up all existing stickers!! (Although personally I think that I had mine covered up well enough, they didn't seem to think so) :fl

jbo57
11-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey folks, I have had a couple of boxes returned to me now in the past little while. In trying to figure out what is going on it seems that if you reuse a box and ANY stickers are left on it from previous use the posties may send it back to you. Just an FYI, be sure to cover up all existing stickers!! (Although personally I think that I had mine covered up well enough, they didn't seem to think so) :fl

Well, there's your problem...sending things to the U.S.! :)

Martin
11-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Turn the box inside out, problem solved.

perogee
11-25-2008, 09:37 AM
I was told this about a year ago at the local post office. Everything I send down now is either new box, or wrapped in paper. Never did figure out why they were so picky.

Footbag
11-25-2008, 03:15 PM
This is USPS policy too. But that shouldn't matter for the Americans, because we get our boxes for free from USPS. You guy's are requesting your free boxes, right?

Rabidsquirrel
11-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I've always covered up barcodes of any sort, be they USPS or any other when reusing a box.