PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Patel Royal Vintage Robusto

kaelaria
08-02-2011, 08:33 AM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/rprvr/20110801rprvr0001-edit.jpg

This 5.5×50 semi-box pressed stick offers a medium tan wrapper with a dry paper texture, minimal veins, tight invisible seams, an even spongy give and faint nut and tobacco aroma. First light reveals a loose draw, typical of RP, good smoke output but it’s very light and airy. Medium bodied flavors of a bitter oily tobacco with a long finish dominate. The first third transitions to an oily, creamy nut with a solid medium body and long finish of the same. Burn is perfect, ash is tight and white. 20 minutes in at the start of the 2nd third flavors ramp up to medium-full body with a very rich and creamy caramel, with an oily pepper and spice finish. Ending 50 minutes in, the last third changed to a big creamy nut flavor keeping the pepper and spicy oily finish but dropping the caramel. Video on the site

N2 GOLD
08-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the review... -(P

TBone
08-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the review Bryan I have 10 of these sitting in the cooler getting some age.

dwoodward
08-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Great review, I liked this cigar when I had it. I had a little less nut than you were describing in mine, but still tasted great.

Blak Smyth
08-02-2011, 11:52 AM
I have 3 resting but not box pressed. Thanks for the review, I hadn't seen much about the "Royal" Vintage yet.