PDA

View Full Version : Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Pages : [1] 2

shilala
08-01-2011, 05:27 PM
This thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35689&highlight=fantasy+football+troops) went great last year, and we raised 385 sticks for the troops, plus some cutters and lighters. I figured we should do it just the same this year.

I will create a Yahoo League the same as last year, it'll be mostly default, but I'll be adjusting the scoring for high points and maximum fun.
There will be only ten players.
Buy in will be five premiums ($50.00 minimum value, NC and/or CC) and a fiver (minimum) for the troops, due prior to the first week's kickoff. There is no dollar value amount for the troop smokes. Usually, quantity is better. Absolutely no dog rockets, but know that they LOVE Acids and other flavored smokes. It's a good idea to buy (a few) nice house bundles to bust up for your weekly bets, and some premiums never hurt if you want to go that way.

Payout will be 30 smokes to first place, 20 for second place, and a bare minimum of 50 smokes to the troops. I hope we set break the 300 mark this year, that'd be insane. :tu
I can take care of receiving/sending smokes, I've done it a few times before without a hitch and I have lots of extra storage tubs.

I will personally put together a nice fiver for the winner of the playoff loser's bracket as an incentive to keep everyone involved to the end. If anyone wants to offer any other bonus prizes, that would kick ass. Maybe something such as "fiver for highest score for week six" or something like that.
Or "beat me this week, and I'll send a fiver to the troops". We had tons of that going on last year and it made it super fun for everyone.
The key is generosity, banter, and fun. The more prizes, the more fun it'll be. The more smokes we can gather for the troops, the more fun it will be. If you cannot stay available for the entire season, please, please don't sign up, or find a brother or sister to step into your spot. Disappearing will just hurt what we're trying to do for the troops. We sure won't crucify you because we understand things happen, we just can't afford the normal two guys who quit after two weeks. Please take this seriously and approach it with the pride and respect the troops deserve.
You do not need to be a FF Genius to join, the guys will help you learn if necessary. The main thing is the desire to have fun and lose lots of bets so the troops win some sticks. :D

Live Draft will be announced asap. If you can't attend, your players will be picked for you by yahoo in the order of player ranking.

Only ten guys will be playing, I'll send invites to those who sign up.
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)

Please give a lot of thought to the "extra" prizes. Not to belabor the point, but this league is gonna cost you some smokes if it's going to be successful, especially for the troops. So take that into consideration very seriously.
If you're a gamer, you could end up buying a number of bundles for the troops if you lose weekly bets. Or you could end up making us other knuckleheads buy lots of smokes for the troops.
It's gonna take up some of your time, and a good amount of smack talking to keep guys on their toes.
We'll use this thread as out banter thread once we get all signed up and get the league going.
Thank You for your consideration!!! :tu!!!

jonumberone
08-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Scott, would love to do this again with ya! :tu

Bax
08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I'd love to play with ya!

1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3.Bax (Tim)

jonumberone
08-01-2011, 06:30 PM
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3.Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)

shilala
08-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Okay guys, I think this is the url to go sign up (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cigarasylum3). If not, will someone please post the correct address?
For signup, the team name is Cigar Asylum 4 and the pass is cafootball.
In a perfect world, I had hoped to say this before anyone signed up, but please, please, please use your CA screen name for (or in) your team name. Something like shilala's steelers would be fine. It's near impossible to figure out who you're playing, who you're betting, and who is doing what if you don't.
For instance, I played Dom last year, recognized his team name, and had no idea who he was until I came back here and used my near genius powers of deduction.

shilala
08-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Oh, other good news...
When I went to Yahoo, all I needed to do was renew the league. All the settings are exactly the same as last year, or so I think. I'll double check to make sure that's so. I think there was something to do with kickers last year that didn't seem right that I wanted to change after the season got going, but I can't remember what it was.
I'll see if there's anything that would make for higher scoring, but in the same vein as last year.
New guys, make sure to check out the point structure before the draft. Ours is different than you may have experienced in the past, it's really geared to the player's personal positive achievement, so they don't get points just for showing up. For instance, there's no points per carry for running backs. To get 14 points for a guy who nets 8 yards just doesn't feel right, ya know?
Anyways, take a good look so you understand the strategy.
If I make any changes, I will post them here immediately if not sooner. :tu

shilala
08-03-2011, 02:43 PM
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)

Coach Deg
08-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Re: Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6.coach Deg

I will make the first bet. I will bet a 5er for the troops that I will score more points then you week 1!!!!! Anyone else that confident????? All bets will be accepted before draft. And each individual bet is your points versus mine!

jkim05
08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6. coach Deg
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)

I will make the first bet. I will bet a 5er for the troops that I will score more points then you week 1!!!!! Anyone else that confident????? All bets will be accepted before draft. And each individual bet is your points versus mine!

I'm in for the league and I'll take you up on that bet as well.

jonumberone
08-03-2011, 04:40 PM
+1 on the bet!

Coach Deg
08-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Bump!

Mattso3000
08-03-2011, 08:39 PM
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6.coach Deg
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
8. mattso3000 (Matt)

I'll take that action on the bet as well.

Mattso3000
08-03-2011, 08:45 PM
What is the league ID? Yahoo will not let me enter without it. PM please.

Coach Deg
08-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Now we are talking!!!!

Ranger_B
08-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Got room for a FNG to fantasy football. Never done it before but this seems to be a great thing your doing for my fellow warriors. If you would rather have a guy who knows what he is doing I understand let me know.

gnukfu
08-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Got room for a FNG to fantasy football. Never done it before but this seems to be a great thing your doing for my fellow warriors. If you would rather have a guy who knows what he is doing I understand let me know.

What makes you think we know what we're doing? :D

Heh none of us know what we are doing so you would fit in perfectly.

gnukfu
08-04-2011, 04:46 AM
I signed up unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make the draft so I will probably end up with a better team than I would if I picked em myself.

Stephen
08-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6.coach Deg
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
8. mattso3000 (Matt)
9. Stephen (draft date?)

Ranger_B
08-04-2011, 07:55 AM
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6.coach Deg
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
8. mattso3000 (Matt)
9. Stephen (draft date?)
10.Ranger_b

Ill learn quick.

Mattso3000
08-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Where is this draft going to be? Doubt I'll be able to make it live, but if I can't the players will be ranked.

shilala
08-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Guys, the signup info was up above...
"For signup, the team name is Cigar Asylum 4 and the pass is cafootball."
Once you sign up, you'll see the draft date is August 28th at 8:00 ET.
Make sure to check Scoring and Settings (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/325132/settings) now and prior to the draft in case I make any changes.
I know I'm painfully wordy, but please read all the stuff up above here, too.

When you sign up, make sure to use your CA screen name as your team name, or at least have it as part of your team name so everyone knows who they are playing.

Stephen
08-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Guys, the signup info was up above...
"For signup, the team name is Cigar Asylum 4 and the pass is cafootball."
Once you sign up, you'll see the draft date is August 28th at 8:00 ET.
Make sure to check Scoring and Settings (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/325132/settings) now and prior to the draft in case I make any changes.
I know I'm painfully wordy, but please read all the stuff up above here, too.

When you sign up, make sure to use your CA screen name as your team name, or at least have it as part of your team name so everyone knows who they are playing.
Check your PM, sir.

shilala
08-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Check your PM, sir.
Done and replied, my brother. :tu

shilala
08-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I sent a blanket PM to everyone. It should resolve any signup issues so you guys can all get signed up.

shilala
08-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Stephen sent me his error message he was getting as he tried to sign up. I had emailed last year's guys via Yahoo and apparently Yahoo reserved a spot for them. I'll have to go fix that. Please bear with me...

shilala
08-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Here's a couple more nuggets...
Stephen found out the League ID is 325132 and the password is cafootball

Our custom league URL will be
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cigarasylum4

AndyMadera
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Awww, only 10 slots? looks like you guys did this hush hush so I wouldnt see it! Guess I guess that means someone else will have a change to win this year.

I was hoping to see Vin in it too!

shilala
08-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Awww, only 10 slots? looks like you guys did this hush hush so I wouldnt see it! Guess I guess that means someone else will have a change to win this year.

I was hoping to see Vin in it too!
I sent you an invite and all these guys beat you to it. I know Huy has a league going right here (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47935). I think they're short on guys, too. :tu

shilala
08-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I double checked all the scoring categories and points you can earn, I'm leaving it the way it sits, same as last year.
Be aware that you get fractional points for yardage. That can be a killer, just lost by .2 points last year. It's painful. :D

Mattso3000
08-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Signed up! Never played before, this should be fun!

Mattso3000
08-04-2011, 06:53 PM

Okay, lied. In 3 leagues since 1994 and scoring was done on paper...remember results arriving in the mailbox on Tuesdays?

jonumberone
08-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Okay, lied. In 3 leagues since 1994 and scoring was done on paper...remember results arriving in the mailbox on Tuesdays?

:confused:

Not sure why you would lie

Mattso3000
08-04-2011, 08:55 PM
:confused:

Not sure why you would lie

It was just a joke. I do play a lot of fantasy football, though. Been doing it since high school. This is my first foray into playing for smokes, tho.

AndyMadera
08-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Nope, I didnt get the memo, but ill check huy's out!

shilala
08-13-2011, 10:40 AM
The calm before the storm. :)
Scott (sofaman) is the only one not signed up. He's on vacation, I think he's home tomorrow. I'll badger him into getting signed up so we have our full compliment.
Guys, try to set your draft priority list just in case you aren't around at draft time. I just auto-draft if I'm not there. I desperately need a marquis running back this year, it's tough to pick matchups on gameday every week. Usually I scramble to see the injury report last minute. I pretend I don't like it now, but when the season starts I LOVE it. :D

Bax
08-23-2011, 01:12 PM
I had to sit out last year since I moved, but I have been in a league with friends for 15 years. I did miss the coming in last place every year :D

shilala
08-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Guys, don't forget this thing...

Buy in will be five premiums ($50.00 minimum value, NC and/or CC) and a fiver (minimum) for the troops, due prior to the first week's kickoff.

I'll try to get a pm out to everyone as a reminder, although I've had a few responses already and received one batch of smokes.

shilala
08-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Here's the screen name/name/team name of all our guys to help with tracking who you're playing against if there's any trouble...

1. shilala (scott) shilala
2. sofaman (scott) Sofaman
3. Bax (Tim) Bax's Death Beaters
4. Jonumberone (Dom) Jonumberone's Jerks
5. gnukfu (George) nolo contendre
6.coach Deg (Mike) Tampa Torpedoes
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) jkim05
8. mattso3000 (Matt) Mattso3000
9. Stephen (Stephen) Stephen's Shockers
10.Ranger_b (Frank) RangerB Never forget

shilala
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
A tip...
If you want to send along extra troop smokes to cover bets along the way, that's fine. A few guys did that last year, it saved them extra shipping later.

VERY IMPORTANT:
I will track your personal bets and troop smokes bets wins/losses/results and "who owes who what" on a spreadsheet thoughout the season but you have to send me the results of your bets each week. (Reason being, I can't see the bets you guys make by pm, etc.)
This way you can ask what you owe at any given time, or ask if you have betting smokes left if you've sent extra troop smokes ahead of time.
If two guys pm me with results from the same bet, that's no problem. Just please don't assume the other guy sent results.
Also please don't assume that posting your bet and results in our thread will be sufficient. It's not. I'll likely miss it or won't understand it.
Please pm me, it'll make everything run real smooth and I can post updates and stuff.

I mention this stuff because it was sheer hell last year and very confusing as to "who owed what and to whom" and I want to continue improving this model year-to-year so it just gets better.
If I keep track, then you guys can just have fun without worrying about details. :tu

shilala
08-28-2011, 10:33 AM
The draft is tonight at 8:00 EST, guys!!! :tu

jkim05
08-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Ahh, why is my draft app not loading?!?

Mattso3000
08-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Hey, just entered the draft room. Love my team. Well done Yahoo autodraft. Oh, and you all are in big, big trouble.:tu

shilala
08-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Andre Johnson for the 8th pick overall and Peyton Manning for my backup QB?
You gotta be sh1ttin me. :r

jonumberone
08-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Nice quick darft!
Could have used 1 more bench player.
Thanks to Scotty for running this again!

Ranger_B
08-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks for all the hard work scott. Ill have my smokes out tomorrow for you.

shilala
08-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Who was here for the live draft?
1. shilala

Stephen
08-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Who was here for the live draft?
1. shilala
2. Stephen

jonumberone
1. shilala
2. Stephen
3. jonumberone

jkim05

I can't believe you got both Vick and Andre Johnson. I'd have settled for either. My team is not bad, I'm pretty happy, but I hope no one got screwed too over too badly.

jkim05
08-28-2011, 06:44 PM
1. shilala
2. Stephen
3. jonumberone
4. jkim05

Stephen
08-28-2011, 06:44 PM
I love my runningbacks, especially in a PPR format. Brees is going to be boss with the rule settings too. Not as confident in my wide receivers, luckily I only have to start two.

Stephen
08-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Between Manning and Vick you may actually get 16 games out of your quarterback position.:r

shilala
08-28-2011, 06:45 PM
I can't believe you got both Vick and Andre Johnson. I'd have settled for either. My team is not bad, I'm pretty happy, but I hope no one got screwed too over too badly.
I didn't even want Vick. I'd rather have Matt Ryan throwing for me. I'll see how things work out.

shilala
08-28-2011, 06:46 PM
1. shilala
2. Stephen
3. jonumberone
4. jkim05
5. sofaman
6. Mattso3000

Mattso3000
08-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Got in for the last two picks...starting Ben Tate week one... going to be huge.

shilala
08-28-2011, 06:48 PM
I love my runningbacks, especially in a PPR format. Brees is going to be boss with the rule settings too. Not as confident in my wide receivers, luckily I only have to start two.
With the points structure, your WR's and QB's are the biggest scorers. An RB has to get a ton of yards and a few TD's to put up big numbers, but your rb's need to be solid.
Teams can score 130 points in a week in this league. It's crazy.

Stephen
08-28-2011, 06:49 PM
It doesn't show you having a team defense. Did you draft one?

shilala
08-28-2011, 06:51 PM
I took Pittsburgh early. It's good to know you're gonna get solid defense points. You can also play matchups, which is what I did last year and got big points by grabbing a new D every week. That position is a tough one to play.

Mattso3000
08-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Fitz and Reggie, LeSean McCoy was actually my second highest rated back with PPR rules. Love your team too, Scott. Andre and Vick is a heck of a start. Manning went too low, he wont be out long...good value pick.

jkim05
08-28-2011, 06:59 PM
It doesn't show you having a team defense. Did you draft one?

Nope, I still have time to figure that out.

Ranger_B
08-28-2011, 07:00 PM
1. shilala
2. Stephen
3. jonumberone
4. jkim05
5. sofaman
6. Mattso3000
7. Ranger_b

shilala
08-28-2011, 07:04 PM
I looked over the teams, and Frank's team looks tough. I'm happy enough with mine. A marquee RB would be nice, but I'll try to draft and move my lineup into a better position depth chart-wise.

One of the nicest parts of this league is that there's TONS of talent on the Free Agent list. With no waiver priority and no limit on waivers, you can grab a guy who is second place depth-wise immediately after there's an injury.
If you really like FF, and you play hard, anyone can win any week. After week one or two, which are coin tosses anyways, you'll all really get a feel for how this works and you'll kick ass if you don't get married to your players. Do what you gotta do to win. :tu

Mattso3000
08-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Scott...should we change this to a banter thread now that we've drafted?

shilala
08-28-2011, 07:15 PM
We never have before, Matt. It's not an open banter thread, really. It's just for league discussion. I don't know if that qualifies for banter. :sh

Mattso3000
08-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Just thought it would be a lot of smack talk going on...I know I like to do it. By the way, Sofaman, I already voted for myself week 1.:banger:banger

jonumberone
08-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Smack talk is a form of discussion.
Therefore, general discussion suits this thread just fine! ;)

Doesn't matter where the thread is, all that maters is that you know in 18 weeks I'll be collecting my winnings! :D

Mattso3000
08-28-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm already looking at a new humidor to store all those cigars...

Coach Deg
08-28-2011, 07:45 PM
I was live.

Coach Deg
08-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Was at work so it was tough to keep up. Thought I did ok though.

shilala
08-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Players at live draft...

1. shilala
2. Stephen
3. jonumberone
4. jkim05
5. sofaman
6. Mattso3000
7. Ranger_b
8. Coach Deg
9. Bax

Awesome turnout, gentlemen!!! :tu

sofaman
08-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Just thought it would be a lot of smack talk going on...I know I like to do it. By the way, Sofaman, I already voted for myself week 1.:banger:banger

Good luck with that but I see a L in your near future!!! :noon:noon:noon

Stephen
08-29-2011, 07:23 AM

Doesn't matter where the thread is, all that maters is that you know in 18 weeks I'll be collecting my winnings! :D
I didn't know last place paid out...:sh

Stephen
08-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Somebody's got to.:D

Stephen
08-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Two quick gripes:

1. Of my seven projected starters (not including kicker and defense), five of them are playing the top three defenses in the NFL Week 1. Eesh.

2. My roster includes two Cowboys, two Bears and ZERO Packers. Me no likey.

shilala
08-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Two quick gripes:

1. Of my seven projected starters (not including kicker and defense), five of them are playing the top three defenses in the NFL Week 1. Eesh.

2. My roster includes two Cowboys, two Bears and ZERO Packers. Me no likey.

You got work to do. :tu

shilala
08-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Peyton Manning is off the PUP today and will be back to practice tout suite.
I got him for nothing in about the umpteenth round. You guys should feel a bit raped. Sorry. :r

Stephen
08-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Peyton Manning is off the PUP today and will be back to practice tout suite.
I got him for nothing in about the umpteenth round. You guys should feel a bit raped. Sorry. :r
Nah, he's not getting you or, more importantly, anyone else any points if he's picking splinters out of his ass. He's in a good spot.

Coach Deg
08-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Just an FYI- I was the league runner-up last year and I think I had a pretty good draft.

Apoco
09-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Dear Bax,

I don't like you very much since you never come around Burn's for a smoke (:r)...sooooo:

Every week that Bax doesn't get a podium finish (1st, 2nd, 3rd) I will put $5 in to my pool of money to donate for troop shipments. I will make one lump donation once the game ends. I will pull the standings each Tuesday morning/afternoon - given that games are played (mostly) on Sundays and Mondays this seems like the best day to call the "end of the week".

In Addition if Bax finishes last overall at the end of the season...I'll double it.

So, Bax...lose away. Although if we get towards the end and he is still in dead last I may change my tune.

(If something unforeseen happens - i.e. me losing my job - I'll donate sticks instead)

PS - Everyone make sure to taunt him relentlessly if he loses.
PPS - Tim - wanna meet at burns for a stogie this weekend? :r

Bax
09-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Ha!!!! Looks like your money will be safe this year:D But maybe I'll tank just to hook up the troops.

I will definately come have a stogie with you. I'm off Sunday and Monday and off around 2 on Saturday. So when ever you decide to head up. Don't forget to bring your D&D dice and we'll play a litte :r

jkim05
09-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I was cleaning up today and I realized I had my cigars for this sitting in my room, I never sent them out. I don't know how that happened, but I'll make sure they're in the mail tomorrow.

Mattso3000
09-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Quick question on the scoring here, sure seemed like the Packers DE/ST scored a touchdown last night...why did I not get points for it?

sofaman
09-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Quick question on the scoring here, sure seemed like the Packers DE/ST scored a touchdown last night...why did I not get points for it?

I am prety sure its set up for Defence only not DE/ST ?

Apoco
09-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Alright - I think I've finally figured out how to read the fantasy football page. Here's the standings from last Tuesday (09/06/11):

1 Stephen's Shockers 203.50
2 Sofaman 195.60
3 shilala 178.30
4 Mattso3000 160.40
5 Bax's Death Beaters! 155.60
6 Jonumberone's Jerks 152.90
7 RangerB Never forget 149.50
8 nolo contendere 131.60
9 jkim05 105.20
10 Tampa Torpedos 68.50

Bax finished 5th overall for the week! Since he didn't finish in the top 3, I am adding $5 in the shipment to the troops pool. Next check in date: 09/13/11

Current balance: $5
Posted via Mobile Device

jonumberone
09-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Alright - I think I've finally figured out how to read the fantasy football page. Here's the standings from last Tuesday (09/06/11):

1 Stephen's Shockers 203.50
2 Sofaman 195.60
3 shilala 178.30
4 Mattso3000 160.40
5 Bax's Death Beaters! 155.60
6 Jonumberone's Jerks 152.90
7 RangerB Never forget 149.50
8 nolo contendere 131.60
9 jkim05 105.20
10 Tampa Torpedos 68.50

Bax finished 5th overall for the week! Since he didn't finish in the top 3, I am adding $5 in the shipment to the troops pool. Next check in date: 09/13/11

Current balance: $5
Posted via Mobile Device

Alex, Just a FYI there are 2 games remaining tonight!

Apoco
09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Alex, Just a FYI there are 2 games remaining tonight!

Yeah - this one is actually for last week...I think at least. They have "week 1" and "week 2" with all results posted for week 1 and some stats posted for week 2. Or am I misunderstanding the site's layout?
Posted via Mobile Device

jonumberone
09-12-2011, 01:40 PM
There were no games last week! ;)

Apoco
09-12-2011, 01:41 PM
There were no games last week! ;)

Then why on earth does Bax's team already have some stuff for week 2? I'M CONFUSED >.<

Oh hell. It isn't there anymore. Nevermind - I'll just update it tomorrow. I thought I was behind a week =X
Posted via Mobile Device

jonumberone
09-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure what you're looking at.
The totals you posted are the week 1 totals minus the 2 games yet to be played tonight.
If you like I can update the totals for you in the morning.

Apoco
09-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure what you're looking at.
The totals you posted are the week 1 totals minus the 2 games yet to be played tonight.
If you like I can update the totals for you in the morning.

Nah - it is fine. When I looked this morning there was a "week 2" listed as well (unless I was so sleepy that I was dreaming it). It won't be difficult to update. Thanks, though! :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

Stephen
09-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Then why on earth does Bax's team already have some stuff for week 2? I'M CONFUSED.
Isn't it obvious. He's a cheat.;)

Mattso3000
09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I only need 40 from my kicker to pull out the win!

shilala
09-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Nah - it is fine. When I looked this morning there was a "week 2" listed as well (unless I was so sleepy that I was dreaming it). It won't be difficult to update. Thanks, though! :tu
Posted via Mobile Device
You're kinda right, Alex.
On the right hand side of the league page there are the "Matchups" which are the current scores for matchups being played this week. There's a tab above that shows the matchups for next week. (Matchups are who's playing who, there are 5 matchups each week). Come next week, there will be a week 1, week 2 and week 3 tab on top of that box. It's a quick reference for last week's scores, the current week's scoring, and who will be playing who next week.
As the season rolls along, obviously the week designation on the tabs will change, but they'll always show last week, the current week and next week.
It's all important stuff, I use that box and those tabs all the time to see who's winning, and to plan my lineup for next week, etc.

You probably did see points in the week 2 tab, too. Yahoo screws up all the time, and regularly gives erroneous information. If you ever check it at 4:00 in the morning, it's always wrong. They get it all ironed by around 8:00 in the morning. :tu

shilala
09-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I only need 40 from my kicker to pull out the win!
YOU CAN DOOOOOO EEEETtttt!!!!

Coach Deg
09-13-2011, 03:44 AM
Thank You Tom Brady!!!!! I believe that makes me the high point scorer for week 1. That means the troops win! I'll have to look back, but I did have a few takers on my predraft week 1 bet.

jonumberone
09-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Thank You Tom Brady!!!!! I believe that makes me the high point scorer for week 1. That means the troops win! I'll have to look back, but I did have a few takers on my predraft week 1 bet.

You should send Tom Brady a love letter!
I'm one of the takers who got beat!
:gary

Coach Deg
09-13-2011, 05:46 AM
You should send Tom Brady a love letter!
I'm one of the takers who got beat!
:gary

He keeps scoring like that I'll send him more then a love letter!!!!

Apoco
09-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Week 1 Results
1 Tampa Torpedos 212.50
2 Stephen's Shockers 205.70
3 Sofaman 195.60
4 Jonumberone's Jerks 181.50
5 shilala 180.00
6 nolo contendere 169.10
7 Mattso3000 168.40
8 RangerB Never forget 162.50
9 Bax's Death Beaters! 155.60
10 jkim05 144.50

Alright! $5 goes into the troop pool! Keep punishing Bax, guys! Remember, if he is last overall at the end of the season I will double the pool!

Total pool: $5

I'll see you gents in a week :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

Stephen
09-13-2011, 03:10 PM
I took Pittsburgh early. It's good to know you're gonna get solid defense points.
:tu

Bax
09-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Wow, that was a stinker huh? No fear Alex, your paycheck will be intact next week :D

Apoco
09-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Wow, that was a stinker huh? No fear Alex, your paycheck will be intact next week :D

Whatever you say Mr. 9th place ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

shilala
09-16-2011, 09:17 AM
ENTRY FEE
1. shilala (scott) Paid
2. sofaman (scott) PAID
3. Bax (Tim) PAID
4. Jonumberone (Dom) PAID
5. gnukfu (George) PAID
6. coach Deg (Mike)
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
8. mattso3000 (Matt) PAID
9. Stephen (Stephen) PAID
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID

Troop Sticks
1. shilala (scott) 30(from FBB)+5 entry+30 to bet=65
2. sofaman (scott) 5 entry+15 to bet=20
3. Bax (Tim) PAID 5 entry+5 to bet=10
4. Jonumberone (Dom) PAID 5 entry=5
5. gnukfu (George) PAID 5 entry +5 to bet=10
6. coach Deg (Mike)
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
8. mattso3000 (Matt)
9. Stephen (Stephen) PAID 5 entry +5 to bet=10
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID 5 entry +18 to bet=23

147 Troop Smokes raised to date!!!
We're doing awesome, gentlemen. Keep up the good work!!! :tu

shilala
09-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Matt's troop sticks just arrived via UPS...

ENTRY FEE
1. shilala (scott) Paid
2. sofaman (scott) PAID
3. Bax (Tim) PAID
5. gnukfu (George) PAID
6. coach Deg (Mike)
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID

Troop Sticks
5. gnukfu (George) PAID 5 entry+5 to bet=10
6. coach Deg (Mike)
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
8. mattso3000 (Matt) PAID 5 entry+15 to bet=20
9. Stephen (Stephen) PAID 5 entry+5 to bet=10
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID 5 entry+18 to bet=23

167 Troop Smokes raised to date!!!

sofaman
09-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Antonio Gates 0.00 REALY????

Apoco
09-20-2011, 06:43 AM
1 shilala 237.40 (Overall: 417.30)
2 Mattso3000 221.10 (Overall: 389.50)
3 jkim05 205.20 (Overall: 349.70)
4 Tampa Torpedos 197.30 (Overall: 409.80)
5 Bax's Death Beaters! 186.20 (Overall: 341.80)
6 nolo contendere 180.30 (Overall: 349.40)
7 Sofaman 178.10 (Overall: 373.70)
8 Jonumberone's Jerks 169.10 (Overall: 350.60)
9 RangerB Never forget 150.50 (Overall: 313.00)
10 Stephen's Shockers 143.50 (Overall: 349.20)

Alright! $5 goes into the troop pool! Keep punishing Bax, guys! Remember, if he is last overall at the end of the season I will double the pool! He's currently in 9th place overall...you can do it everyone-but-Tim! ;)

Total pool: $10
Posted via Mobile Device

Bax
09-21-2011, 01:29 AM
I got off to a slow start but my guys are begining to rally around me!!!! Rumor on the street has the Death Beaters going undefeated the rest of the year;)

Stephen
09-22-2011, 06:38 AM
1 shilala 237.40 (Overall: 417.30)
2 Mattso3000 221.10 (Overall: 389.50)
3 jkim05 205.20 (Overall: 349.70)
4 Tampa Torpedos 197.30 (Overall: 409.80)
5 Bax's Death Beaters! 186.20 (Overall: 341.80)
6 nolo contendere 180.30 (Overall: 349.40)
7 Sofaman 178.10 (Overall: 373.70)
8 Jonumberone's Jerks 169.10 (Overall: 350.60)
9 RangerB Never forget 150.50 (Overall: 313.00)
10 Stephen's Shockers 143.50 (Overall: 349.20)
Good grief that's terrible. I guess that's what happens when both your starting wide receivers are injured and their replacements do jack squat.:sh That's ok, I'm gonna get that dust off my shoulder.

Coach Deg
09-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Hey Dom its me and you this week. Put 5 for the troops on it? Anyone else?

jonumberone
09-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Hey Dom its me and you this week. Put 5 for the troops on it? Anyone else?

Are you sitting Tom Brady? :r

Coach Deg
09-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Are you sitting Tom Brady? :r

For you................

HELL NO!!!!!!!!

shilala
09-24-2011, 10:30 AM
I bet NE/Buffalo will be a defensive battle for the ages. :r
I'm just glad I'm not getting Brady/Welker destroyed this week. :tu

Mattso3000
09-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Liking my team so far...how does everyone feel about the season so far? Let's get some troop bets going...who wants in for next week. Me vs. U, fivers for the troops.

Apoco
09-27-2011, 10:01 AM
1 Jonumberone's Jerks 197.40 (551.30)
2 Tampa Torpedos 196.40 (606.20)
3 Sofaman 191.20 (564.90)
4 jkim05 187.00 (536.70)
5 Mattso3000 186.90 (576.40)
6 nolo contendere 171.80 (521.20)
7 Stephen's Shockers 165.10 (514.30)
8 Bax's Death Beaters! 159.70 (501.50)
9 RangerB Never forget 154.00 (470.30)
10 shilala 131.40 (548.70)

Another Tuesday - another day of seeing exactly how bad Bax is at this game :r

Remember, if he is last overall at the end of the season I will double the pool! He's currently in 9th place overall...you can do it RangerB! ;)

Total pool: $15
Posted via Mobile Device

jesseboston81
09-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Who had Kenny Britt over here? I had him in Huy's league--we can cry into our beers together! :(

shilala
09-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Who had Kenny Britt over here? I had him in Huy's league--we can cry into our beers together! :(
I did. I hurried up and grabbed Nate Washington and crossed my fingers that he pans out. I have Miles Austin, Aaron Hernandez and Mike Vick, too.
My team is going to be pretty gutted for awhile, I hope I can patch something together for next week.

jesseboston81
09-27-2011, 10:18 AM
I did. I hurried up and grabbed Nate Washington and crossed my fingers that he pans out. I have Miles Austin, Aaron Hernandez and Mike Vick, too.
My team is going to be pretty gutted for awhile, I hope I can patch something together for next week.

Sorry to hear about your team, Scott! Our league puts all the players on waivers until Wednesday morning, so we'll see how my replacement selections pan out. Fortunately I also have Wes Welker, who scored like two WRs combined this last week and minimized the damage from Britt's loss.

shilala
09-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Sorry to hear about your team, Scott! Our league puts all the players on waivers until Wednesday morning, so we'll see how my replacement selections pan out. Fortunately I also have Wes Welker, who scored like two WRs combined this last week and minimized the damage from Britt's loss.
Welker would make the sting hurt a little less. :D
We don't have waivers or waiver priority, so a guy can shop players at any given moment. It seems to keep guys on top of stuff or else they're doomed.

Bax
09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Wow, this week was just ugly... I really have nothing to say but obviously I'm tanking so the troops can get hooked:D

Mattso3000
09-27-2011, 12:53 PM
I appreciated it this week Tim:r:r

Apoco
09-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Wow, this week was just ugly... I really have nothing to say but obviously I'm tanking so the troops can get hooked:D

Been that way every week so far :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Mattso3000
09-27-2011, 01:06 PM
If nobody takes me up on the fivers for the troops bet, I'll go vs. the field. If I end up in last this week that's 9 fivers for the troops. Hope that doesn't happen (more for my fantasy team than the troops)

shilala
09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Wow, Matt. That pretty much makes sure no one is going to take your bet. I'm gonna let you go vs. the field. :D

Being as I had the highest points in the world last week, largest margin of victory, and a win, and had the lowest points in the world this week, largest margin of defeat, and a loss, I think I've proven there's no way to tell what I'm gonna do this coming week.
I'd be willing to bet a fiver of cc's, premium nc's, and throw in a troop fiver or tenner, or whatever, to whoever wants to go against me points vs. points this week.
So I'll pretty much bet anything, you name it. I'll even throw in a cat if I can find one.
Bring it, ladies. If there's any balls among any of you, that is...

Mattso3000
09-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Almost assures me low score I would think.

shilala
09-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Almost assures me low score I would think.
Your matchups look good for a decent outing this week. I bet you hit 180, at least. I'd be happy with 5 points as long as my opponent has 4. 1-3 is not a good place to be, and it's looking like I don't get better till week six. Ouch.

Coach Deg
09-28-2011, 03:51 AM
Wow, Matt. That pretty much makes sure no one is going to take your bet. I'm gonna let you go vs. the field. :D

Being as I had the highest points in the world last week, largest margin of victory, and a win, and had the lowest points in the world this week, largest margin of defeat, and a loss, I think I've proven there's no way to tell what I'm gonna do this coming week.
I'd be willing to bet a fiver of cc's, premium nc's, and throw in a troop fiver or tenner, or whatever, to whoever wants to go against me points vs. points this week.
So I'll pretty much bet anything, you name it. I'll even throw in a cat if I can find one.

Your on!!!!

Mattso3000
09-28-2011, 06:10 AM
Foster looks to be active this week. Feel like I just got another first round draft pick!

shilala
09-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Your on!!!!
What's the bet gonna be, Mike? You call it.

Stephen
09-28-2011, 06:48 PM

You're on! PM Sent...:su

Stephen
09-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Your matchups look good for a decent outing this week. I bet you hit 180, at least. I'd be happy with 5 points as long as my opponent has 4. 1-3 is not a good place to be, and it's looking like I don't get better till week six. Ouch.
I'll just be happy when I can start the wide receivers I drafted to, you know, be starters...:hn:hn

Stephen
09-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Liking my team so far...how does everyone feel about the season so far? Let's get some troop bets going...who wants in for next week. Me vs. U, fivers for the troops.
Foster looks to be active this week. Feel like I just got another first round draft pick!
I'd like my team too if I was given Foster for free...:bhd

That being said, I'm in.:sl

shilala
09-29-2011, 03:18 PM
VERY IMPORTANT:
I will track your personal bets and troop smokes bets wins/losses/results and "who owes who what" on a spreadsheet thoughout the season but you have to send me the results of your bets each week. (Reason being, I can't see the bets you guys make by pm, etc.)
This way you can ask what you owe at any given time, or ask if you have betting smokes left if you've sent extra troop smokes ahead of time.
If two guys pm me with results from the same bet, that's no problem. Just please don't assume the other guy sent results.
Also please don't assume that posting your bet and results in our thread will be sufficient. It's not. I'll likely miss it or won't understand it.
Please pm me, it'll make everything run real smooth and I can post updates and stuff.

I mention this stuff because it was sheer hell last year and very confusing as to "who owed what and to whom" and I want to continue improving this model year-to-year so it just gets better.
If I keep track, then you guys can just have fun without worrying about details. :tu

Stephen
09-29-2011, 03:39 PM

We're in week four, and hardly any smack talk has taken place in here this season, and none on the league homepage. Nutcheck time. Wow me with your vitriol. Between now and Monday night, whoever talks the best trash on their opponent, either here or on the league homepage, will get a nice 5er courtesy of yours truly. I'd imagine if some of you quit taking your Midol for a day or two that you ought to be good and ornery before kickoff on Sunday.

Mattso3000
09-29-2011, 04:12 PM
I'll start my bench just to make it fair...

Bax
09-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I'll start my bench just to make it fair...

How come you didn't do that last week!!!!:r

Mattso3000
09-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Arian Foster was on the bench...he's bouncing up and down with his hand raised yelling "put me in coach". I think I might:D

Mattso3000
09-29-2011, 06:01 PM
I'd imagine if some of you quit taking your Midol for a day or two that you ought to be good and ornery before kickoff on Sunday.

Maybe they're still cramping up...:r:r

shilala
09-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Arian Foster was on the bench...he's bouncing up and down with his hand raised yelling "put me in coach". I think I might:D
Good idea. What do you want for McCoy? No sense in him getting splinters.

shilala
09-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Stephen and I have a bet for a fiver of cc's and a tenner for the troops this weekend.
Straight up me vs. him. May God take mercy on him, because I'm certainly not gonna. :tu

Mattso3000
09-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Good idea. What do you want for McCoy? No sense in him getting splinters.

PM sent, but not McCoy...

Stephen
09-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Stephen and I have a bet for a fiver of cc's and a tenner for the troops this weekend.
Straight up me vs. him. May God take mercy on him, because I'm certainly not gonna. :tu
One might be inclined to disagree with you if they saw your lineup.:gl

Stephen
09-29-2011, 08:06 PM
...And there went the hamstring.

Mattso3000
09-30-2011, 12:05 AM
...And there went the hamstring.

And then I start Ben Tate:r:r Life is good.:tu

Bax
09-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Ok, I haven't placed any side bets yet... so a 5-er to the troops to anyone that's got the brass b@lls to go head to head against the Death Beaters this week!!! Anyone???

Mattso3000
09-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Looking to upgrade at QB, anyone looking to trade let me know. Tim, I'm already going vs. the field.

Stephen
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Looking to upgrade at QB, anyone looking to trade let me know.
If you hold off a week Frank might drop Rivers too.

shilala
09-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Updatado...

ENTRY FEE
1. shilala (scott) Paid
2. sofaman (scott) PAID
3. Bax (Tim) PAID
5. gnukfu (George) PAID
6. coach Deg (Mike) PAID
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID

Troop Sticks
6. coach Deg (Mike) PAID 5 entry+15 to bet=20
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)

187 Troop Smokes raised to date!!!

Mattso3000
09-30-2011, 02:40 PM
If you hold off a week Frank might drop Rivers too.
:r:r I'll just bank on that.

Mattso3000
10-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Foster's looking good so far...

shilala
10-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Foster had a great day. He was a bit tentative at first, but once he got his legs, he did great. I think he'll be 100% next week. I sure hope Andre is okay.

Bax
10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I still have a chance to win!!!! Can't belive it... not that I had any doubt mind you :r

Coach Deg
10-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I forgot this was smack talk week- looks like I will kick butt in the Battle for number 1. Other then that 1 point loss to Dom I look to be the league favorite!!!

Mattso3000
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Liking my week 4 bet so far. Me vs the field and who wins??? Me. Only a couple still have the chance to outscore me.

Mattso3000
10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
210.3 is the final for me...Looks like Sofaman has the only chance to take me down. Good luck!

Mattso3000
10-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Other then that 1 point loss to Dom I look to be the league favorite!!!

Did you name your team Mattso3000 too?

sofaman
10-03-2011, 05:47 AM
210.3 is the final for me...Looks like Sofaman has the only chance to take me down. Good luck!

Thanks to Rogers and my Ravens D its been a great pts week :noon

Mattso3000
10-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks to Rogers and my Ravens D its been a great pts week :noon

Could of swore that I put a post in here about you kicking my butt this week...:tu PM has been sent to Scott for the fiver to the troops. Great week brother.

Apoco
10-04-2011, 07:00 AM
1 Sofaman 230.70 (795.60)
2 Mattso3000 210.30 (786.70)
3 Tampa Torpedos 205.50 (811.90)
4 Jonumberone's Jerks 192.70 (744.00)
5 Bax's Death Beaters! 186.10 (687.60)
6 jkim05 169.50 (706.20)
7 RangerB Never forget 167.10 (637.40)
8 Stephen's Shockers 165.70 (680.00)
9 shilala 162.00 (710.70)
10 nolo contendere 158.80 (680.00)

Well, well, well. Looks like little nancy finally decided to play! :r

Remember, if Bax is last overall at the end of the season I will double the pool! He's currently in 9th place overall.

Total pool: $20
Posted via Mobile Device

shilala
10-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Updatado...

ENTRY FEE
1. shilala (scott) Paid
2. sofaman (scott) PAID
3. Bax (Tim) PAID
5. gnukfu (George) PAID
6. coach Deg (Mike) PAID
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) Totally Off the Grid
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID

Troop Sticks
1. shilala (scott) 30(from FBB)+5 entry+30 to bet+21 more to bet=81
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)

Sticks Left To Bet/Owed
1. shilala (scott) 41 left to bet with
2. sofaman (scott) 15 left to bet with
3. Bax (Tim) PAID 5 left to bet with
4. Jonumberone (Dom) PAID -5, still owes troop entry fiver
5. gnukfu (George) PAID 5 left to bet
6. coach Deg (Mike) PAID 15 left to bet
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) -5, still owes entry fivers
8. mattso3000 (Matt) PAID 10 left to bet
9. Stephen (Stephen) PAID -5 to bet
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID 18 left to bet

Bets that have been reported to me and logged above:
Week One
Dom vs. Mike, Dom lost troop fiver
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
I lost a fiver to Stephen, we each lost ten troop sticks.
Mattso3000 vs. field
Lost 5 troop sticks via sofaman

PLEASE PM ME WITH ANY OTHER BETTING RESULTS THAT NEED LOGGED!!! :tu

208 Troop Smokes raised to date!!! (Plus 15 more outstanding)

shilala
10-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Fixing my mistakes...
ENTRY FEE
1. shilala (scott) PAID
2. sofaman (scott) PAID
3. Bax (Tim) PAID
5. gnukfu (George) PAID
6. coach Deg (Mike) PAID
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) Totally Off the Grid
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID

Troop Sticks
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) Off the Reservation

Sticks Left To Bet/Owed
3. Bax (Tim) 5 left to bet with
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
5. gnukfu (George) 5 left to bet
6. coach Deg (Mike) 15 left to bet
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) still owes entry fivers
8. mattso3000 (Matt) 10 left to bet
9. Stephen (Stephen)-5
10.Ranger_b (Frank)18 left to bet

Week One
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
Mattso3000 vs. field

Mattso3000
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Looking at the league page, Jeremy made two FA pickups last week. He's active in the league, where's he at paying entry??

Shilala, you still have 81 to bet??? I'll go straight up score against you this week if you're game.

shilala
10-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Looking at the league page, Jeremy made two FA pickups last week. He's active in the league, where's he at paying entry??

Shilala, you still have 81 to bet??? I'll go straight up score against you this week if you're game.
I still have 41 to bet with. The first part is where stuff came from and how. Second part is what guys have left and what they owe.
I pm'd Jeremy, I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten back to me. He told me a couple times he was mailing the sticks.
Don't be concerned, he's good for it. I'm guessing he's crazy busy. I'll drop him another pm.

Mattso3000
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Okay...41. But are you taking the bet?

shilala
10-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah. I'll go a troop fiver.

Plus I'll dangle Vick or Newton for LeSean McCoy. Giving you first chance because you're flooded with RB's. Now that Foster is the stud of the entire free world, you should be able to cough up McCoy, no? :D

Mattso3000
10-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Looks like Andre Johnson might be out for a month with the dreaded hammy.

shilala
10-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Looks like Andre Johnson might be out for a month with the dreaded hammy.
I got the pm from rotowire last night. He just got scar tissue removed. It's more likely one game because of the procedure, but everyone knows how hamstrings go.
I'm really not surprised at all. Britt first, now Johnson, I expect Vick to be next. Or Newton. Or Beanie Wells.
Injuries happen. It'll come together. (Or at least that's what I've been telling myself so I don't cry.)

Bax
10-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Hey Sofaman... you up for a 5-er head to head this week?:D I'm feeling lucky!!!!

sofaman
10-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey Sofaman... you up for a 5-er head to head this week?:D I'm feeling lucky!!!!

You are on:D

sofaman
10-05-2011, 02:40 PM
You are on:D

Tim is this a troop 5er?

Mattso3000
10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Yeah. I'll go a troop fiver.

Wow, didn't see I was going up against the vaunted duo of Johnny Knox and Lance Moore this week. Let's make it a win-win. If you win, I pay. If I win, we both pay. Or is that a lose-lose...whatever.

Think I'm just going to roll with Ryan. My kind of qb, never going to blow it out of the water but rarely has a down week either. Probably float Bradshaw for a bottom first/ top second tier receiver if anyone is interested...

shilala
10-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Wow, didn't see I was going up against the vaunted duo of Johnny Knox and Lance Moore this week. Let's make it a win-win. If you win, I pay. If I win, we both pay. Or is that a lose-lose...whatever.

Think I'm just going to roll with Ryan. My kind of qb, never going to blow it out of the water but rarely has a down week either. Probably float Bradshaw for a bottom first/ top second tier receiver if anyone is interested...
That sure is a far cry from Andre Johnson and Miles Austin and Kenny Britt, yes? This is how my year is going so far. The pain.

Mattso3000
10-05-2011, 03:07 PM
That sure is a far cry from Andre Johnson and Miles Austin and Kenny Britt, yes? This is how my year is going so far. The pain.

Britt was looking like a top 5 receiver before he went down too. Would have been huge to have Johnson and Britt with Austin as the flex play.

sofaman
10-05-2011, 04:11 PM

Thats FF for ya :r:r:r

Bax
10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Tim is this a troop 5er?

Sure thing! I have a feeling all my bye week players are going to do great this week :r

Apoco
10-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Sure thing! I have a feeling all my bye week players are going to do great this week :r

Good. I didn't like seeing you above 8th place for the week. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Mattso3000
10-09-2011, 10:01 PM
This is going to be close, Scott. I didn't exactly light the world on fire this week...you need 27 out of Jahvid Best. I guess I pay either way but I don't want the loss!

Bax
10-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Only down 100 going into tonight!!!!! Let's go Death Beaters!!!! Ok, my cheerleaders just gave me the finger and walked out the door.... I'm dead. :sl

Mattso3000
10-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Really?? 80 yd td by Best. Thought I had this one locked up, now it's too close for comfort.

shilala
10-10-2011, 09:44 PM
It appears I beat you by two tenths of a point, stud. Ouch. :D
Two minutes left, I hope Best doesn't touch the ball again. He lost about five yards, then picked up three on their last play. Had he not got that last touch, you'd have won. Amazing.

Mattso3000
10-10-2011, 10:49 PM
That hurt a little. But I think I'll be allright.

Apoco
10-11-2011, 06:33 AM
1 jkim05 198.40 (904.60)
2 Jonumberone's Jerks 180.20 (924.20)
3 Sofaman 179.70 (975.30)
4 Tampa Torpedos 178.40 (990.30)
5 shilala 169.30 (880.00)
6 Mattso3000 169.10 (955.80)
7 Bax's Death Beaters! 168.30 (855.90)
8 RangerB Never forget 159.70 (797.10)
9 Stephen's Shockers 135.30 (815.30)
10 nolo contendere 126.90 (806.90)

Remember, if Bax is last overall at the end of the season I will double the pool! He's currently in 8th place overall.

Total pool: $25
Posted via Mobile Device

shilala
10-11-2011, 09:47 AM
That hurt a little. But I think I'll be allright.
I still can't believe I won. I'm shell-shocked.
With the raggedy-ass mess I've had to run out there the last two weeks, and this week looking just about as rough, I needed that win super bad. After this coming weekend I should be good for awhile and at least be competitive. Austin is back and Andre Johnson may be back, Victor Cruz is on fire a la Kenny Britt of last year, and a good show from Best might turn the ball his way some more.
Problem with Best is he runs like Rashard Mendenhall. He can't make a seam, he needs one as big as a bus to run through it. I giggled at the Barry Sanders comparisons last night. Barry Sanders would run right up over his oline and down the d's back if there wasn't a hole. Barry Sanders he ain't.
The bye week is leaving me in trouble rb-wise, but I think I can find a good matchup rb that'll get me a few points to fill my last spot. I should have watched bye weeks last week when I was finding players for next week. My bad.

Bax
10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
What a stinnker!!!!! I just need to hang my head in shame... at least the troops get a nice fier out of it :tu

Stephen
10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
It appears I beat you by two tenths of a point, stud. Ouch. :D
Two minutes left, I hope Best doesn't touch the ball again. He lost about five yards, then picked up three on their last play. Had he not got that last touch, you'd have won. Amazing.
I saw that score and had a nice chuckle. That had to sting a tad.

Mattso3000
10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I saw that score and had a nice chuckle. That had to sting a tad.

Yeah, I was at work and didn't get to watch the game. My team took a dump last week, I expect a better effort from them this week. Lots of stuff thrown in the the locker room, serious effort tirade from the coach:tu

Stephen
10-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I was at work and didn't get to watch the game. My team took a dump last week, I expect a better effort from them this week. Lots of stuff thrown in the the locker room, serious effort tirade from the coach:tu
Mike Singletary would be proud.

shilala
10-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Weekly Update...
ENTRY FEE
1. shilala (scott) PAID
2. sofaman (scott) PAID
3. Bax (Tim) PAID
5. gnukfu (George) PAID
6. coach Deg (Mike) PAID
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) Contacted me about payment
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID

Troop Sticks

Sticks Left To Bet/Owed
3. Bax (Tim) 0
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
8. mattso3000 (Matt) 5 left to bet
9. Stephen (Stephen)-5

Week One
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
Mattso3000 vs. field
Week 5
shilala vs. Matt
Matt lost five troop sticks
Tim vs. ?
Tim reported he owes a fiver, so I marked it up. I don't know who the bet was with.

Bax
10-12-2011, 05:17 PM
My 5-er bet was with Sofaman.

shilala
10-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks Tim, I'll edit her up.

shilala
10-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Weekly Update/Tim Edit...
ENTRY FEE
1. shilala (scott) PAID
2. sofaman (scott) PAID
3. Bax (Tim) PAID
5. gnukfu (George) PAID
6. coach Deg (Mike) PAID
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID

Troop Sticks

Sticks Left To Bet/Owed
3. Bax (Tim) 0
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
8. mattso3000 (Matt) 5 left to bet
9. Stephen (Stephen)-5

Week One
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
Mattso3000 vs. field
Week 5
shilala vs. Matt
Tim vs. sofaman
Tim lost five troop sticks

shilala
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Coach sent me a pm concerning a couple pre-draft week one bets that he went back and looked up, so I added them at the bottom.
From here on out I'm going to leave the first two sections behind. It's just clutter.

Sticks Left To Bet/Owed
1. shilala (scott) 41 left
2. sofaman (scott) 15 left
3. Bax (Tim) 0
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
5. gnukfu (George) 5 left
6. coach Deg (Mike) 15 left
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) -10
8. mattso3000 (Matt) 0
9. Stephen (Stephen) -5
10.Ranger_b (Frank) 18 left

Week One
Dom vs. Mike
Dom lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Jeremy
Jeremy lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Matt
Matt lost troop fiver
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
Mattso3000 vs. field
Week 5
shilala vs. Matt
Tim vs. sofaman

208 Troop Smokes raised to date!!! (Plus 20 more outstanding)

Mattso3000
10-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that week one bet...I need to get more troop smokes your way! (either that or make a bet I can win)

shilala
10-13-2011, 12:59 AM
I'll go another Troop fiver with you this week if you like, Matt. To make it even more interesting, rather than me vs you, how's about you and I pick any team we like, whichever one we think will gather the most points? I'll even let you pick first.
Better yet, if you want to make it ten troop smokes, we can each pick two teams and the highest total of points from the two teams combined will take the win. In that case, you pick, then me, then you, then me.
If you're willing to bet a bundle of 20 troop smokes, I'll let you pick both your teams first. There's a bet you can win, if there is one. :D

sofaman
10-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Nolo I have a troop 5er that says you are going down this week!!! :D

shilala
10-14-2011, 08:36 AM
I received Jeremy's entry sticks yesterday. Thanks Jeremy!!! :tu
Update:

ENTRY FEE
1. shilala (scott) PAID
2. sofaman (scott) PAID
3. Bax (Tim) PAID
5. gnukfu (George) PAID
6. coach Deg (Mike) PAID
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) PAID
10.Ranger_b (Frank) PAID

Troop Sticks
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) 5 entry+5 to bet=10

Troop Sticks Left To Bet/Owed
1. shilala (scott) 41 left
3. Bax (Tim) 0
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) 0
8. mattso3000 (Matt) 0
9. Stephen (Stephen) -5

Week One
Dom vs. Mike
Dom lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Jeremy
Jeremy lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Matt
Matt lost troop fiver
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
Mattso3000 vs. field
Week 5
shilala vs. Matt
Tim vs. sofaman

218 Troop Smokes raised to date!!! (Plus 10 more outstanding)

shilala
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Matt, Brandon Jacobs is a scratch for this weekend. Ahmad Bradshaw should pile up some nice numbers for you if you march him out there.

Mattso3000
10-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Going to take a week off from betting Scott...

Got the fiver from Stephen for his trash talk contest. You went above and beyond on this one, I deserve 5 grape swishers for my effort not this:
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/mattso3000/QnVybnN2aWxsZS0yMDExMTAxNC0wMDEyNS5qcGc.jpg
Way above and beyond Brother! All great sticks here.

Coach Deg
10-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Nice sticks!!! I'll take your bet Scott. Without having time to look my first pick is ME!!!

shilala
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Wow, Stephen. Well done, my friend!!! :tu

Thanks for the response, Matt. Coach picked it up.

Coach, I'll get back to you with my pick a little later when I can take a look at the matchups. Are we going to do the 20 sticks option?

shilala
10-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Nice sticks!!! I'll take your bet Scott. Without having time to look my first pick is ME!!!
I'm gonna take sofaman with my first pick.
Your turn...

Coach Deg
10-15-2011, 04:14 AM
I'm gonna take sofaman with my first pick.
Your turn...

I will take jkim05.

shilala
10-15-2011, 05:25 AM
I will take jkim05.

Okay, so you have yourself and Jeremy and I have Scott and Stephen.
Let the battle rage on!!!
Thanks for the bet, Coach. This is gonna be fun. :tu

Stephen
10-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Going to take a week off from betting Scott...

Got the fiver from Stephen for his trash talk contest. You went above and beyond on this one, I deserve 5 grape swishers for my effort not this:
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/mattso3000/QnVybnN2aWxsZS0yMDExMTAxNC0wMDEyNS5qcGc.jpg
Way above and beyond Brother! All great sticks here.
Glad you like. May have to have another in a few weeks to see if the cold weather brings out the crankiness in some of these fuddy-duddies.:hm

Stephen
10-15-2011, 07:41 AM
Good choice. Now that my team is (finally) healthy, I'm gonna run train on this league.

sofaman
10-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Good choice. Now that my team is (finally) healthy, I'm gonna run train on this league.

Thats until my Team Derails you!!!:D

Stephen
10-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Thats until my Team Derails you!!!:D
Well I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks, won't we?-(P

Stephen
10-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Shilala - 292 points + Santonio Holmes
Coach Deg - 335 points; complete

The good news is three of the four guys ahead of me are gonna lose this week. :dance:
The bad news is Felix Jones is still a candybone...:bhd

Coach Deg
10-17-2011, 07:51 AM
I have now lost 2 games by a total of 2.6 points!!!!! So that means Santonio will score 43.1 so I can lose the bet, also!!!!

Mattso3000
10-17-2011, 04:50 PM
I lost by .2 last week...I like the 1.9 point win a lot better.

Mattso3000
10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Still thinking about that trade Scott...

Apoco
10-19-2011, 10:59 AM
(I forgot to do this yesterday. Was a crazy day. Let's just pretend it is Tuesday :tu)

1 Bax's Death Beaters! 180.40 (1,036.30)
2 Mattso3000 180.30 (1,136.10)
3 Tampa Torpedos 178.40 (1,168.70)
4 Stephen's Shockers 177.50 (992.80)
5 nolo contendere 172.70 (979.60)
6 jkim05 156.60 (1,061.20)
7 shilala 146.90 (1,026.90)
8 Sofaman 136.90 (1,112.20)
9 Jonumberone's Jerks 116.20 (1,040.40)
10 RangerB Never forget 51.40 (848.50)

For the first time in the competition - Bax wasn't towards the bottom of the list :(

Remember, if Bax is last overall at the end of the season I will double the pool! He's currently in 6th place overall.

Total pool: $25
Posted via Mobile Device

shilala
10-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Coach got me by 20.6 points, so that cost me 10 cigars. I lost in our neighborhood league this week (0-6) and lost here. Lisa and I both won in our Survivor leagues. She won $110 in our 33 league last week.
I guess it wasn't a bad weekend overall, plus the Steelers won. :tu

I'm going to start with the updates. If anyone else had any bets this week, please let me know. :tu

shilala
10-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Week Six Update, First Draft...

1. shilala (scott) 31 left
3. Bax (Tim) 0
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) 0
8. mattso3000 (Matt) 0
9. Stephen (Stephen) -5

Week One
Dom vs. Mike
Dom lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Jeremy
Jeremy lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Matt
Matt lost troop fiver
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
Mattso3000 vs. field
Week 5
shilala vs. Matt
Tim vs. sofaman
Week Six
shilala vs. coach
I lost ten troop smokes

218 Troop Smokes raised to date!!! (Plus 10 more outstanding)
We're doing awesome, gentlemen. Keep up the good work!!! :tu[/quote]

shilala
10-19-2011, 05:26 PM
It's me and you this week, Tim-Bob.
How bout we do a cc fiver and troop fiver? :D
We can just go head to head or if you want to try something more inventive, bounce it off me.

shilala
10-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey Matt, on that trade...
Vick for McCoy and I'll throw in ten troop smokes just to lube it up a bit. Deadline is midnight tomorrow on the smokes, that way it'll be like a real NFL pressure-cooker trade. :r
I'll give you my 11th round draft pick next year and a player to be named later, as well. :tu

Mattso3000
10-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Nice. Just running a cost/benefit analysis on it right now. I think the increase in potential qb points will be greater than the potential loss at RB, probably pull the trigger at some point here. Just tough to part with 1st rd draft picks. Also have another bundle on the way for the troops.

Stephen
10-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Week Six Update, First Draft...

3. Bax (Tim) 0
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) 0
8. mattso3000 (Matt) 0
9. Stephen (Stephen) -5
Did you not receive the smokes I sent last week?:confused:

Bax
10-20-2011, 09:20 AM
You arent scared of that #1 finish last week Scott:r You're on like Donkey Kong!!!! One CC 5-er and a 5-er for the troops it is :tu

shilala
10-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Did you not receive the smokes I sent last week?:confused:
Yes I did, Sorry brother. I got 9 sticks from you, for some reason I didn't mark them up. I must have got drawn off after I put them away?
As I went back and did a self-audit, I saw I didn't take off Tim and Matt's sticks from week 5, either.
So here's the corrections...

Week Six Update, Second Draft.

3. Bax (Tim) -5
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) 0
8. mattso3000 (Matt) -5
9. Stephen (Stephen) 4 left

Week One
Dom vs. Mike
Dom lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Jeremy
Jeremy lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Matt
Matt lost troop fiver
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
Mattso3000 vs. field
Week 5
shilala vs. Matt
Tim vs. sofaman
Week Six
shilala vs. coach
I lost ten troop smokes

227 Troop Smokes raised to date!!! (Plus 15 more outstanding)

I'm gonna check and see, but I think we're on pace to totally crush last year's take for the troops.

Stephen
10-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Yes I did, Sorry brother. I got 9 sticks from you, for some reason I didn't mark them up. I must have got drawn off after I put them away?
I only sent nine? Man, I thought I grabbed ten. I'm such a doofus sometimes...:D

jonumberone
10-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Afternoon Fellas!
I haven't been very active here, as life has been crazy in these parts.
That said, it's time to fill my humi with your sticks!

I got a 5er and a 5er for the troops that says my kicker will score more pts than yours!
Who wants some?

shilala
10-20-2011, 11:56 AM
...I'm gonna check and see, but I think we're on pace to totally crush last year's take for the troops.

I checked to see what we did last year compared to this year.
Last Year we averaged 24 sticks a week.
This year we are averaging 36.3 sticks per week!!!
We are seriously kicking ass, keep hangin, guys. Let's set a brand new precedent for the Third Annual Group next year. We can beat them and they don't even know they're beat yet!!! :D

Coach Deg
10-20-2011, 01:02 PM
I'll bet a fiver for the troops!!! Any takers, you name the bet.

Mattso3000
10-20-2011, 05:04 PM
I'll bet a fiver for the troops!!! Any takers, you name the bet.

I'll go...both of our teams have the best players on bye anyway.

Mattso3000
10-20-2011, 05:09 PM
BTW, Scott...trade pending. That hurt a little to give up McCoy, but QB scoring is huge in this league.

shilala
10-20-2011, 10:45 PM
BTW, Scott...trade pending. That hurt a little to give up McCoy, but QB scoring is huge in this league.
I had some serious reservations, but I'm having such an incredible injury year, if I didn't make a move I was doomed. With Jahvid Best concussed now and it not looking good for him the rest of the year (being he's got serious concussion slow healing history), I needed to make a move, no matter how scary.
You're real strong at RB without him. Vick should definately put some points up for ya. I think this trade makes both our teams better. :tu

Plus you earned the troops 10 sticks, you beat the deadline. :D
It was the grease that made it go, didn't it?

shilala
10-20-2011, 10:49 PM
I only sent nine? Man, I thought I grabbed ten. I'm such a doofus sometimes...:D
I recounted them about ten times since they showed up, including today. You really messed up my sense of supreme order and neurotic balance. I second the doofus.

Mattso3000
10-21-2011, 05:03 AM
I had some serious reservations, but I'm having such an incredible injury year, if I didn't make a move I was doomed. With Jahvid Best concussed now and it not looking good for him the rest of the year (being he's got serious concussion slow healing history), I needed to make a move, no matter how scary.
You're real strong at RB without him. Vick should definately put some points up for ya. I think this trade makes both our teams better. :tu

Plus you earned the troops 10 sticks, you beat the deadline. :D
It was the grease that made it go, didn't it?

With my bet track record they'll get those sticks quick, too.:r:r

Coach, PM sent on possible bets.

jonumberone
10-21-2011, 05:24 AM
Afternoon Fellas!
I haven't been very active here, as life has been crazy in these parts.
That said, it's time to fill my humi with your sticks!

I got a 5er and a 5er for the troops that says my kicker will score more pts than yours!
Who wants some?

Bump!
No takers? :sh

Mattso3000
10-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Bump!
No takers? :sh

You do know you have Vinatieri right? I'll take that bet not so much on confidence in my kicker as the fact that Indy is terrible.

Mattso3000
10-21-2011, 05:29 AM
Went back to check the spelling on Vinatieri...pretty proud of myself for hitting that on the first try.

Coach Deg
10-21-2011, 06:34 AM
I never seen your bet Dom, I would have taken that, my kicker is a beast!!!!!!!

Mattso3000
10-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Alright, 3 bets going this week. Dom and I are on for kicker score, a fiver straight up and one for the troops. Mike and I have 2 bets...straight score and a two team draft, my first pick was Sofaman.

Stephen
10-21-2011, 07:36 AM
I recounted them about ten times since they showed up, including today. You really messed up my sense of supreme order and neurotic balance. I second the doofus.
Ah, but who's the bigger doofus, the one who sent nine, or the one who had to count them multiple times (up to and including ten) to confirm that there was in fact only nine?:sh:D

Stephen
10-21-2011, 07:47 AM
I never seen your bet Dom, I would have taken that, my kicker is a beast!!!!!!!
I saw it but didn't take it. Candy from a baby and all...

Stephen
10-21-2011, 07:50 AM
On a (somewhat) serious note, has anyone talked to Frank (Ranger_B) lately? He's been on the CA website as recently as yesterday but hasn't set his lineup in a month.

shilala
10-21-2011, 01:18 PM
I just sent Frank a pm. I think he'd mentioned at the onset that he hadn't done this before. I'm guessing it's a bit overwhelming.
I offered a number of ways we can help. They ranged from the guys in the league helping with his lineup all the way to assigning his team. The goal was to see that, at minimum, his lineup gets set every week.
My thoughts are that if he's fielding his nine guys like everyone else, he's always got a chance to win, and that's equal to what anyone else is doing. He doesn't have a bad team at all.

As soon as I hear from him I'll let you guys know where it's at and how things will proceed, if you don't hear from him before that. :tu

shilala
10-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Ah, but who's the bigger doofus, the one who sent nine, or the one who had to count them multiple times (up to and including ten) to confirm that there was in fact only nine?:sh:D
It appears you and I need to get a bet going, Doof.
I'll go a troop fiver, head to head or whatever you want.

shilala
10-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Adding the ten sticks I offered in my trade with Matt.
Week Six Update, Third Draft.

1. shilala (scott) 21 left
3. Bax (Tim) -5
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) 0
8. mattso3000 (Matt) -5

Week One
Dom vs. Mike
Dom lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Jeremy
Jeremy lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Matt
Matt lost troop fiver
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
Mattso3000 vs. field
Week 5
shilala vs. Matt
Tim vs. sofaman
Week Six
shilala vs. coach
I lost ten troop smokes
shilala vs. Matt
I lost ten troop smokes via Vick/McCoy trade
Week Seven bets
Matt vs. Dom
Straight fiver and troop fiver
Matt vs. Coach
2 bets, straight score and two team draft

Mattso3000
10-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Not sure on my troop stick math, Scott. Gave 20, 5 buy-in, lost 15 in bets +10 from the trade should have me at +10...you have me at -5? Also have 25 more on the way.

shilala
10-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Not sure on my troop stick math, Scott. Gave 20, 5 buy-in, lost 15 in bets +10 from the trade should have me at +10...you have me at -5? Also have 25 more on the way.
I did an audit the other day and thought I missed you and Tim's bets on week five. Now I see I didn't miss them. That brings you both to 0 prior to our trade.
On the 10 from the trade, I just struck ten from my balance just as if I lost a bet with you, rather than moving my sticks to your pile. I see exactly where you're coming from, it was a trade. Duh.
I'll fix that right now. :tu

shilala
10-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Fixing my mistakes, this sh1t is clearly way over my head. :D
Week Six Update, Fourth Draft.

1. shilala (scott) 21 left
3. Bax (Tim) 0
4. Jonumberone (Dom) -5
7. jkim05 (Jeremy) 0
8. mattso3000 (Matt) 10 left

Week One
Dom vs. Mike
Dom lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Jeremy
Jeremy lost troop fiver
Coach vs. Matt
Matt lost troop fiver
Week Four
shilala vs. Stephen
Mattso3000 vs. field
Week 5
shilala vs. Matt
Tim vs. sofaman
Week Six
shilala vs. coach
I lost ten troop smokes
shilala/Matt trade
I moved ten troop smokes to Matt via Vick/McCoy trade
Week Seven bets
Matt vs. Dom
Straight fiver and troop fiver
Matt vs. Coach
2 bets, straight score and two team draft

Mattso3000
10-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Scott, is it a bad sign for me that I added you as a second address on my c-bid account in expectation of several future deliveries in your direction??:r

shilala
10-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Scott, is it a bad sign for me that I added you as a second address on my c-bid account in expectation of several future deliveries in your direction??:r
I feel ya. In my case, I'm making room in one of my coolidors. In my experience, space=costing me money. :r

Stephen
10-21-2011, 04:22 PM
It appears you and I need to get a bet going, Doof.
I'll go a troop fiver, head to head or whatever you want.
Glutton for punishment are you, shortbus? Since you threw down the gauntlet, I'll let you name the terms. That is, if you can avoid drooling all over the keyboard, window licker.

Stephen
10-21-2011, 04:24 PM
We making a bet soon?:wo

shilala
10-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Glutton for punishment are you, shortbus? Since you threw down the gauntlet, I'll let you name the terms. That is, if you can avoid drooling all over the keyboard, window licker.
Sweet!!! I'm glad I get to pick. :tu
I will take Sofaman's club, you get Frank's. High score wins. Bet is five sticks for the troops, unless you have the balls to make it a bundle, nutless. :D

Stephen
10-21-2011, 04:31 PM
I just sent Frank a pm. I think he'd mentioned at the onset that he hadn't done this before. I'm guessing it's a bit overwhelming.
I offered a number of ways we can help. They ranged from the guys in the league helping with his lineup all the way to assigning his team. The goal was to see that, at minimum, his lineup gets set every week.
My thoughts are that if he's fielding his nine guys like everyone else, he's always got a chance to win, and that's equal to what anyone else is doing. He doesn't have a bad team at all.

As soon as I hear from him I'll let you guys know where it's at and how things will proceed, if you don't hear from him before that. :tu
I know that I sent him a PM on here the week that he and I played and reminded him to set his lineup. Said back then he's crazy busy right now.

Stephen
10-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Sweet!!! I'm glad I get to pick. :tu
I will take Sofaman's club, you get Frank's. High score wins. Bet is five sticks for the troops, unless you have the balls to make it a bundle, nutless. :D
I laughed.

Coach Deg
10-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Matt I'll take Shockers and Nolo

Mattso3000
10-22-2011, 08:32 AM
I'll go bax then.