PDA

View Full Version : So why is it

markem
07-30-2011, 10:43 PM
That when the weather gets good and hot that I craze sushi?

Maybe it is the Tsing Tao beer that I have with it :tu

Mattso3000
07-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Damn, I forgot I had sushi left over from lunch in the fridge...

ChicagoWhiteSox
07-30-2011, 10:50 PM
I feel ya. I went out for sushi last friday for lunch:D

Mattso3000
07-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Now my cain f tastes like shrimp and spicy tuna roll.

ChicagoWhiteSox
07-30-2011, 10:56 PM
I could take a plate or 3 of some hamachi right about now:r

Mattso3000
07-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Oh that hit the spot...thanks for bringing up sushi, Mark.

T.G
07-30-2011, 11:02 PM

Tsingtao? :confused: That's Chinese beer...

Mongo worried about where you buy your sushi boss...

markem
07-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Tsingtao? :confused: That's Chinese beer...

Mongo worried about where you buy your sushi boss...

It is not a requirement of a Japanese restaurant that they only carry drinks that one finds in Japan. Come up and we'll show you some amazing places for sushi, on your nickle, of course, Adam! ;)

Mattso3000
07-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Almost all Japanese restaurants in MN carry tsing tao. I do prefer Sapporo, tho.

T.G
07-30-2011, 11:22 PM
It is not a requirement of a Japanese restaurant that they only carry drinks that one finds in Japan. Come up and we'll show you some amazing places for sushi, on your nickle, of course, Adam! ;)

Of course it's not a requirement, but around here, it's an indicator of places that, while not necessarily bad, are likely not employing traditionally and classically trained chefs, nor owned by Japanese individuals.

markem
07-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Of course it's not a requirement, but around here, it's an indicator of places that, while not necessarily bad, are likely not employing traditionally and classically trained chefs, nor owned by Japanese individuals.

Interestingly strange that the presence of a beverage tells so much about a restaurant in your area. The sushi restaurants we go to are chef owned and all are classically trained. Mind you, we only go to maybe 4 or 5 different ones.

So are you saying that the only beverages in those places are imported from Japan? I'm guessing that something like a domestic sake would be anathema there.

Aporschaguy
07-30-2011, 11:29 PM

I love good sashimi with an ice cold Kirin or Asahi.

T.G
07-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Interestingly strange that the presence of a beverage tells so much about a restaurant in your area. The sushi restaurants we go to are chef owned and all are classically trained. Mind you, we only go to maybe 4 or 5 different ones.

So are you saying that the only beverages in those places are imported from Japan? I'm guessing that something like a domestic sake would be anathema there.

No, they carry domestic brews too. Maybe even other imports, bit just not Chinese beers.

Around here, a LOT of the sushi restaurants are not owned by Japanese individuals, if I had to guess, I would say that those that I've been to that are, are trying to subtly express something.

CigarNut
07-31-2011, 09:09 AM
My three favorite Sushi places are owned by Koreans -- but the chefs are classically trained...

forgop
07-31-2011, 08:39 PM
I could eat sushi every day. There are a couple of buffet places around here that I get half of my fill on sushi alone and it's actually pretty good. I absolutely hate cucumber, so I think I'm gonna start bringing a few bucks to tip them to make me some custom rolls without the cucumber. Otherwise, I pick out over shred of it and it takes awhile.

Wanger
08-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Almost all Japanese restaurants in MN carry tsing tao. I do prefer Sapporo, tho.

If you're ever over that way, I highly suggest going to Murasaki in Stillwater. Our FAVORITE sushi place here. They make a great Tuna tar tar, too. As a matter of fact, that was out first family dinner in our new house last night. Erin went and got some for takeout. :D