PDA

View Full Version : Software purchases gone awry

G G
07-30-2011, 05:48 AM
It would appear I should quit purchasing software after my last two tries. I related the problem I had with Cyberlink in another thread. This one is Itunes. I purchased and app a few days ago for $4.99 and Itunes charged me 8 times for it, yes 8. Then it was refunded 8 times and now has charged me the 9th time which would make it even. Now there is a hold on the funds with ******. Nuts. Anyone else had that happen?

G G
07-30-2011, 05:55 AM
meant to say poopypantspal, forgot you couldn't post the name.

Drez
07-30-2011, 06:10 AM
i got double charged once greg but 8 is crazy!!!!

your not getting along with technology lately brother!!!

G G
07-30-2011, 06:11 AM
And usually I am very technoligically savvy, LOL.

Drez
07-30-2011, 06:20 AM
I think iTunes was out to get ya!!! :r

Tyler
07-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Bad luck on that one bro! I have never had a problem with Itunes except for one time when someone stole my credit card number. They purchased something like 75 baby related apps. I let Itunes and my bank know and everything was resolved. Since then I have not purchased anything from them though.

G G
07-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Ive purchased quite a few before with no probs. I dont necessarily have a huge problem with itunes its the hold poopypal places places that sucks.

Tyler
07-30-2011, 06:42 AM
I hear you on that. PP kept putting holds on my account because of irregular charges and credits. I explained to them that that is precisely what I use them for haha. The guy was nice and unlocked my account and I haven't had problems since. They are still a PITA though and I believe there are alot of class action law suits out against them for freezing assets and what not.

kelmac07
07-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Happened to me a few times on Itunes...once got charged for some $ 24.99 app that I didn't download. Called their customer service department and got it fixed. But then again, I've downloaded over 1200 songs. Thanks for reminding me GG. :bh :bh

maninblack
07-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Nope never had a problem. Dumb luck I guess.

Silound
07-31-2011, 01:00 AM
You are not the only person lately that has had issues with downloading software via Apple's questionable software store.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/******-OS_X_Lion-Extra_Charges-Apple-OSX-Dispute,news-12026.html

G G
07-31-2011, 05:19 AM
Got an email yesterday from Itunes admitting it was an error and apologizing.

Kreth
07-31-2011, 05:40 AM
Got an email yesterday from Itunes admitting it was an error and apologizing.
I'd fire an e-mail back asking how they plan to icompensate you for getting your account locked.
Posted via Mobile Device

macpappy
07-31-2011, 08:44 AM
You are not the only person lately that has had issues with downloading software via Apple's questionable software store.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/******-OS_X_Lion-Extra_Charges-Apple-OSX-Dispute,news-12026.html

I've been buying from Itunes since it's been out. Nevery had a problem. What makes you think their software store is questionable? Or are you just another Apple hater.

G G
07-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Personally I didn't mind the multiple charges too much, because it was reversed almost instantaneously. My issue was more with the hold that poopantspal has placed on the funds.

Kreth
07-31-2011, 09:50 AM
I've been buying from Itunes since it's been out. Nevery had a problem. What makes you think their software store is questionable? Or are you just another Apple hater.
Did you even read the linked article? :rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

Silound
07-31-2011, 01:02 PM

I freely admit to disliking some things Apple, iTunes being one of those things. As both a programmer and a consumer, I consider those sorts of blunders as "questionable," regardless of the company. I was fairly anti-Steam platform for a while because of similar issues they had with game purchases.

That being said, this is clearly not an isolated issue, and if I were using iTunes to purchase anything, I would be suspending those buying habits pending an explanation of why these overcharges were happening to prevent it from happening to me.

G G
07-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah I will prolly curtail purchases til it's fixed too, not that I buy much anyway.

macpappy
07-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Did you even read the linked article? :rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes. I read the article. The title was "****** Users...." so people are assuming that the problem was caused by Itunes. This also probably explains why I don't have the problem - I don't use ******.

macpappy
07-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Yes. I read the article. The title was "****** Users...." so people are assuming that the problem was caused by Itunes. This also probably explains why I don't have the problem - I don't use ******.

I forgot I'm not suppose to use the name of the online company that sort of acts like a bank where you PAY them and they pay their PALS.