PDA

View Full Version : Tatuaje Ambos Mundos Sumatra Grande No. 2

kaelaria
07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/tamg2/20110729tamgn20001-edit.jpg

This 5.5×56 cigar is not really a premium stick but rather a cheap short filler made by Tatuaje using substandard tobacco and clippings that didn’t make it in to the regular line, and the wrappers will have flaws. Think of them as a variation of seconds but short filler. This stick features a dark brown oily wrapper with slight tooth, a soft buttery feel, some small imperfections and a few noticeable soft spots with a oily tobacco aroma. It has small veins, tight seams and a triple cap. First light reveals a perfect draw, a great amount of thick rich medium-full bodied smoke with a slightly sweet and peppery tobacco taste and long finish. The first third develops to the same silky soft tobacco and the sweetness takes on a fruity taste, combined with the slight pepper bite. The finish is pretty short and clean, burn is razor sharp and the smoke is plentiful. 30 minutes in at the end of the first third i tap the ash off which was still holding on but was getting a bit flaky and I didn’t want it on my lap. Burn and draw at this point is hit and miss, going very loose and losing a lot of smoke output draw to draw. I did have to give it a touchup to correct some tunneling. Ending at 55 min, I just couldn’t get any more good performance out of the stick after having to relight it in the last third. After the relight it was almost completely plugged, and the last 2 inches had gone very hot soft and mushy. Video on the site

d'am
07-31-2011, 07:43 PM
These aren't short filler. You might have them confused with the Series P.

kaelaria
07-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah that's been pointed out elsewhere, but I'm not sure. They are listed as long and short depending on where you look. No matter which it burned like short, or just a really bad roll.

Dunkel
07-31-2011, 09:33 PM
I smoked one awhile back and thought it sucked.

kelmac07
07-31-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm with you Doug. These are Petes worst sticks. :td

Ratters
08-01-2011, 12:34 AM
I find them to be ok, just. They are soft sticks, never had a plugged one. But they are pretty right on for the price point, though usually I'll spend an extra buck to get a Havana VI.

thecatch83
08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Agreed, I smoke the red and browns as daily smokes and even though these are very cheap, I just can't get into the Ambos........call me crazy, but I liked the white labels better for some reason.

lenguamor
08-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Smoked a Sumatra recently; I guess it was a corona or PC. I don't know anything about these and am surprised to find it described here as short-filler. It did seem rough and had a big stem at the mouth.

Going in without expectations, I found it pleasant enough. Tasty, nice burn. Flavorful, evn if not complex. Enjoyable.

I'd say that if this is a $3-4 cigar, it's worth the interlude.

NCRadioMan
08-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Smoked a Sumatra recently; I guess it was a corona or PC.

There are only three sizes and those aren't one of them. (robusto, toro & Grande)

These are not short filler but lower grade long filler. After 9-10 months these really start to shine, imo.

lenguamor
08-21-2012, 01:43 PM
There are only three sizes and those aren't one of them. (robusto, toro & Grande)

These are not short filler but lower grade long filler. After 9-10 months these really start to shine, imo.

The band was exactly like the one in the pic at the top of this thread, and the size was definitely smaller than robusto; around 42-43 x 4-4.5 inches.

Maybe it was one they used to make? I received it in a lottery, I think possibly from Romo 5.0.

lenguamor
08-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Found it: Ambos Mundos Short #2 Sumatra Cigars (http://www.famous-smoke.com/ambos+mundos+short+no.+2+sumatra+cigars/item+34761)

Listed as a petit corona at 4.5 x 46. :fp2 I guess 46RG is what passes for a PC now.