PDA

View Full Version : El Credito - El Perrito War of Flavors

jsnake
07-26-2011, 10:01 AM
I posted a press release back in May from Team La Gloria regarding this cigar. Today we are going to take a quick look at what I like to call my fishing cigar. This cigar is from Team La Gloria coming out of the El Credito Cigar Factory in Santiago, Dominican Republic. Samples were provided by General Cigar Co.

Size: 5.5X38
Wrapper: Ecuadoran Habano
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Nicaraguan and Dominican
Price: $2.50 each or $125 for a 50 count box

El Perrito simply means "little dog" and when you see this cigar you will see the name fits perfectly. These cigars are created entirely by hand and without a cigar mold. The look and feel can only be described as rough, rustic, lumpy, bumpy, crooked, and plain ugly. The torpedo shaped end is done by hand as well and is open so there is no need to cut or punch.

Given the small size the cigar lights easily. Aptly named the War of Flavors, this cigar has a few things fighting for your attention. Earthy, pepper, spice, coffee, cocoa, and sweetness all dance across your palate in this 30 minute smoke. I smoked five of these for this review over a couple months. The draw and burn were just fine. I didn't run into any construction issues. In all honesty because of what this cigar is and how it is made I didn't really judge the construction category. The only issue I did run into was some tar build up in two of the five samples.

As I mentioned before I call this my fishing cigar now. These are inexpensive, full of flavor, and easy to to carry without worrying about damaging their beauty. Most cigars I carry are protected with a hard case. These I just grab and throw them in the car or stick them in my shorts pocket without worry.

Surprisingly this little dog is full in flavor and strength. There are several things I like about these: the price is fantastic and you get more then you expect in the flavor department. This cigar won't win any beauty awards but if you want a good quick cigar check them out. I plan on keeping these on hand for my camping and fishing trips. If things get rough out there and I lose the cigar, or have to set it aside to fight a fish, that is fine by me. If I had a twenty dollar cigar in my mouth I might waste time debating on bringing my fish in or saving my expensive cigar. A great rough cigar for roughing it. If you see these grab a couple and give them a try. Do not judge them by their looks because you will miss out if you pass over these.

Pictures can be seen here:http://cigarcatadore.blogspot.com/2011/07/quick-look-at-el-credito-el-perrito-war.html

Blak Smyth
12-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Taki just gave me one to try last night, it was surprisingly good. I think you described it well. I didn't find any coffee or cocoa but losts of spice and earthyness and pepper. Great little pepper bomb, I was pleasantly surprised with this little non-flashy stick.

Taki
12-28-2011, 06:04 AM
Good review brother!! It was a nice little stick :tu

HollywoodQue
12-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Nice review, thanks