PDA

View Full Version : Farve To play for the Eagles??

larryinlc
07-24-2011, 09:40 PM
What is he doing? Is it on his bucket list to play for all 32 NFL teams before he dies? He's got 28 more to go and that'll make him what......68??:)

Larry

Emjaysmash
07-24-2011, 09:45 PM
UGH.

EricF
07-24-2011, 09:58 PM
You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!

ChicagoWhiteSox
07-24-2011, 10:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DBTT-wBFGd8/TRDM-bEFFoI/AAAAAAAABYo/35QzAvvKsr8/s1600/brett_favre_letmeplay.jpg

MedicCook
07-24-2011, 10:05 PM
The good thing is the will he play or not play won't be dragged out for months and months and months.

Wanger
07-25-2011, 06:01 AM
The good thing is the will he play or not play won't be dragged out for months and months and months.

Don't count on that. He might not sign right away. LOL

OLS
07-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Aw let him alone. He has more football talent in his well-exposed weiner than anyone here, let himplay football.
I think he is thinking he can get back just enough glory to put some luster back on his formerly stellar hall-of-fame
reputation, if he can have one or two more good years. And who's to say he can't do it? I don't personally think it's
worth it, he's going in no matter what. But he's got a hard head. Let him alone for now.

N2 GOLD
07-25-2011, 12:27 PM
If he can, why not??? :tu

Stephen
07-26-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm far from a Favre apologist, but if/when the Eagles trade Kolb, wouldn't someone like Favre make perfect sense as a backup in Philly? Vick's not going to make it through 16 games and they'll need a veteran to keep the offense somewhat in tact while Vick's out. Further, Reid does have a history with Favre so it's not like he's going to be going into the situation blind.

dave
07-26-2011, 07:03 AM
First reaction is in line with Stephen, N2G and OLS....however, I just don't think he'll be a good back-up. Once 7 gets hurt, I'm sure Favre would still be able to bring it. Until then, I think he will be passively aggressively disruptive and a distraction.
I'm still a big fan, but he's come down a long way in my estimation, beginning back when he said it wasn't his job to teach/mentor Rodgers.
What's the next endorsement for him? Waffle House? or, Iphone pic/txt features?

Noodles
07-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Aw let him alone. He has more football talent in his well-exposed weiner than anyone here, let himplay football.
I think he is thinking he can get back just enough glory to put some luster back on his formerly stellar hall-of-fame
reputation, if he can have one or two more good years. And who's to say he can't do it? I don't personally think it's
worth it, he's going in no matter what. But he's got a hard head. Let him alone for now.

I love this argument. You are not as good as the professional player you are criticizing so you are not allowed to have an opinion.

Most athletes thinks they can have one last go of it after spending some quality time with the family and/or their hobby. Almost always, they fell flat on their face, ruining their legacy.

BF is insufferable. I don't him in my team (yeah it's my team).

First reaction is in line with Stephen, N2G and OLS....however, I just don't think he'll be a good back-up. Once 7 gets hurt, I'm sure Favre would still be able to bring it. Until then, I think he will be passively aggressively disruptive and a distraction.
I'm still a big fan, but he's come down a long way in my estimation, beginning back when he said it wasn't his job to teach/mentor Rodgers.

This and this. Not worth it.

Stephen
07-26-2011, 10:49 AM
I love this argument. You are not as good as the professional player you are criticizing so you are not allowed to have an opinion.

Most athletes thinks they can have one last go of it after spending some quality time with the family and/or their hobby. Almost always, they fell flat on their face, ruining their legacy.

BF is insufferable. I don't him in my team (yeah it's my team).
Two things:

1. How's Willie Mays, Michael Jordan, Johnny Unitas & Jerry Rice's legacies?
2. Last year was bad, but you can't lay that all that at the feet of Favre. He's not good enough to carry a team anymore and injuries to the Vikings receiver corps accentuated that. Being the backup on a talented offensive team like the Eagles would be about a good a fit as Favre could hope for at this stage in his career.

Stephen
07-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Crocs.