PDA

View Full Version : Cuba Aliados Maduro Toro Extra

kaelaria
07-18-2011, 09:30 PM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/camt/20110708camte0001-edit.jpg

This 6×53 stick features a rustic dark chocolate wrapper with small veins, a few stretch marks, tight seams, firm even construction, an oily satin feel and rich chocolate and barnyard aroma. First light reveals a perfect draw, plenty of rich thick smoke, medium body flavors of a sweet creamy earth with a very short clean finish. The first third develops to a medium bodied creamy earth with a long finish. Draw and burn are both excellent with a solid straight ash. The 2nd third brought up the creame falvor and dropped the earth a bit. By the band point it had gone out prompting a relight, and did so again several minutes later with a little over an inch remaining. Video on the site

N2 GOLD
07-19-2011, 11:04 AM
For what you pay & get these are not bad to have in the humi... -(P

Tyler
07-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Hey I love the reviews but for posting on the forums do you think you could put what your overall thought on the cigar was? Like recommended, not recommended, good, bad, etc.

kaelaria
07-19-2011, 02:37 PM
As I've mentioned before and in my About page - I leave out the subjectiveness. I'm not making reviews of my opinions, I'm describing each cigar so everyone can make up their own mind if it's something they might like or not.

Skywalker
07-19-2011, 03:01 PM
For what you pay & get these are not bad to have in the humi... -(P

:tpd:

Thanks for the review!!!

pnoon
07-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Reviews, by their nature, are almost entirely subjective. Otherwise, why would more than one person review a cigar?
Posted via Mobile Device

Tyler
07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Reviews, by their nature, are almost entirely subjective. Otherwise, why would more than one person review a cigar?
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed, even flavor profiles are almost entirely subjective.

kaelaria
07-20-2011, 04:29 AM
True - but how it burns, ballpark how long it lasts, how it draws, the basic flavors - those are or at least should be, fairly concrete variables. What I leave out are prices, since it varies wildly around the country, and my opinion such as I like it or not. I don't care what anyone else likes, and I don't think anyone should care what I like. Everyone has different tastes and that's what makes it interesting! :)

DPD6030
07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
True - but how it burns, ballpark how long it lasts, how it draws, the basic flavors - those are or at least should be, fairly concrete variables. What I leave out are prices, since it varies wildly around the country, and my opinion such as I like it or not. I don't care what anyone else likes, and I don't think anyone should care what I like. Everyone has different tastes and that's what makes it interesting! :)

Then why post a review? If you don't care what everyone else likes and you don't think we should care what you like then it makes absolutely no sense to post a review. Waste of time IMO.

kaelaria
07-22-2011, 04:59 PM
As I stated I review certain parts. Thank you for your opinion :)

Tyler
07-22-2011, 05:32 PM

Well thank you very much for the reviews. I see what you are saying. Although we might not agree on the later part I still appreciate you taking the time to write them out. It helps me decide if I want to try the stick or not based on the flavor profiles. You could list MSRP though for the prices maybe, even though many a times it can be had for much cheaper or close to it the MSRP shouldn't change I don't believe. Just my opinion though and it might not be worth the 2 cents haha. :tu