PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Go Giants, Back-2-Back World Champions !!

Montano
07-16-2011, 06:11 PM
I guess I'll do a thread about the SF Giants repeating as World Champions !! Since the other Giants fan got banned ;)

Ahbroody
07-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Its interesting what Zito is doing. Would be nice to see him have a run. I have always been a fan of his.

kelmac07
07-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm rooting for Cody Ross!! :D

Starscream
07-16-2011, 08:08 PM
PWI?

pnoon
07-16-2011, 08:09 PM
PWI?
for Nick, there is no other way. :)

Starscream
07-16-2011, 08:45 PM
for Nick, there is no other way. :)

I do it too every now and again, hence many of my dumb posts.:D

Ahbroody
07-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Well that start couldnt have gone any worse. He went supernova on the hill. Ugghh

Montano
07-23-2011, 07:51 AM
They are still on top of the division :)

I wish they would trade Zito !!

Montano
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Well we're still in 1st place ;)

3SmokesaRound
08-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Wish they wouldn't have wasted all those runs though. Scoring 8 in one game is damn near a week's worth. Plus we have to face Cliffy tomorrow. At least we know how to beat him :)

Montano
08-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I think they have a good lineup now. They just need to gel. Thank goodness Zito is not in the rotation.

3SmokesaRound
08-07-2011, 08:01 PM
About f'ing time they get a win again. Hope they play better against the Pirates.

BigAsh
08-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Wish they wouldn't have wasted all those runs though. Scoring 8 in one game is damn near a week's worth. Plus we have to face Cliffy tomorrow. At least we know how to beat him :)

:D:D

3SmokesaRound
08-08-2011, 08:09 AM
:D:D

LMAO... notice, I said "we know how" to beat Cliffy. I guess just not when he's wearing a Phillies uni :D

BigAsh
08-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Hahahaha....good series overall....maybe a preview of 2011 NLCS?

3SmokesaRound
08-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Hahahaha....good series overall....maybe a preview of 2011 NLCS?

For the Phillies, yes. I'm sure the Phillies will be playing in the NLCS, the Giants on the other hand need to get their heads out of their rear ends.

BigAsh
08-08-2011, 11:56 AM
For the Phillies, yes. I'm sure the Phillies will be playing in the NLCS, the Giants on the other hand need to get their heads out of their rear ends.

but you got "the Beard"....he's a character....must be a lot of colorful quotes in the local news

3SmokesaRound
08-08-2011, 12:03 PM
but you got "the Beard"....he's a character....must be a lot of colorful quotes in the local news

Yes, he's quite the character, indeed! I always watch Giants post game live after he pitches, just in hopes of "A Beard" interview.

BigAsh
08-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes, he's quite the character, indeed! I always watch Giants post game live after he pitches, just in hopes of "A Beard" interview.

After seeing his Espy's outfit I can see why!....So far Pence the better pick-up vs. Beltran....in a very short study :D

3SmokesaRound
08-08-2011, 12:35 PM
After seeing his Espy's outfit I can see why!....So far Pence the better pick-up vs. Beltran....in a very short study :D

I would agree, and wasn't a big fan of picking up Beltran. Would have prefered a Pence, Upton, or Rasmus type of player and not just a rental. I'm hoping it's just an early chemistry thing and they get it figured out soon. Keppinger had a nice day yesterday, unfortunately, he's been hitting into too many dp's.

BigAsh
08-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I would agree, and wasn't a big fan of picking up Beltran. Would have prefered a Pence, Upton, or Rasmus type of player and not just a rental. I'm hoping it's just an early chemistry thing and they get it figured out soon. Keppinger had a nice day yesterday, unfortunately, he's been hitting into too many dp's.

....chemistry/Beltran....hmmmmm.....Keppinger doing well over all...

BigAsh
08-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Ok, so the only one to get suspended from last friday's melee was Victorino!....no Ramirez, no Whiteside (the jumping maniac!)....I don't get it...What are the thoughts of SF Giants fans?...Fair?

3SmokesaRound
08-09-2011, 11:48 AM
The way I look at it was that Victorino is the one that "started" the brawl (if you can call it that). Yes, I know Ramirez hit him intentionally which "technically" started it, but look what happened a few days before when Pujols got hit. Did Pujols charge/walk to the mound? No, he walked to first like he's supposed to when he gets hit. What do the Cards do, hit Braun. Obviously intentional! Did Braun get pissed and walk/charge the mound? Nope, he understands baseball. You hit our guy, we hit your guy. It's not like Ramirez threw at his head. If the Phills would have hit a Giants guy the next game, so be it! Take it like a man Victorino!

Now, was it right to hit Victorino in the first place? It's a tweener to me. I don't blame Jimmy for stealing 2nd. It was only 5 or 6 runs with what 3 or 4 innings left. Easy for most teams to come back from, but not the Giants :( But if Victorino wants to be pissed at someone it should have been Jimmy.

You asked, so that's my :2

BigAsh
08-09-2011, 11:55 AM
The way I look at it was that Victorino is the one that "started" the brawl (if you can call it that). Yes, I know Ramirez hit him intentionally which "technically" started it, but look what happened a few days before when Pujols got hit. Did Pujols charge/walk to the mound? No, he walked to first like he's supposed to when he gets hit. What do the Cards do, hit Braun. Obviously intentional! Did Braun get pissed and walk/charge the mound? Nope, he understands baseball. You hit our guy, we hit your guy. It's not like Ramirez threw at his head. If the Phills would have hit a Giants guy the next game, so be it! Take it like a man Victorino!

Now, was it right to hit Victorino in the first place? It's a tweener to me. I don't blame Jimmy for stealing 2nd. It was only 5 or 6 runs with what 3 or 4 innings left. Easy for most teams to come back from, but not the Giants :( But if Victorino wants to be pissed at someone it should have been Jimmy.

You asked, so that's my :2

that's why they call it the "left" coast....:r....I think Whiteside instigated the bench clearing....by his actions, he was looking for a fight....funny though Bill, I didn't see the game, just the fight on the news....so the steal is news to me...not sure that quite justifies the bean ball, but its baseball....

3SmokesaRound
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
I hear ya with Whiteside, Keith. I really thought he and Ramirez would get a game too.

BigAsh
08-09-2011, 12:27 PM
I hear ya with Whiteside, Keith. I really thought he and Ramirez would get a game too.

That's what I'm saying....under the old "two-to-tango" theory...

3SmokesaRound
08-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Agree, but again, if Victorino walks his arse down to first like he;s supposed to, no suspension.

BigAsh
08-09-2011, 01:02 PM
hahaha....speaking of tango, we could do this dance all day....:r.....did you hear about the 9 yr old hit by a car outside the stadium after Friday's game?....lives a few blocks from me....haven't heard if he's home yet

3SmokesaRound
08-09-2011, 01:51 PM
We sure could, Keith. No I didn't hear about that, hope he's okay. Go Phillies tonight! Beat the hell out of the Dodgers :) Plus I have Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels on my fantasy team :tu

BigAsh
08-09-2011, 03:11 PM
not a bad couple fantasy pitchers....wins, era and K's for sure....heres an article:

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2011/08/giants-phillies-unite-help-boy-injured-hit-and-run-crash

3SmokesaRound
08-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Glad to hear the kid is okay. Thanks for the link :tu

3SmokesaRound
08-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Good thing we were up 6 going into the 9th tonight because we needed almost the entire cushion. Was not happy seeing the tying run come to the plate, but a win is a win. Cain was awesome tonight! AND the D-Backs finally lost again.

Montano
09-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Put a fork in them ??

3SmokesaRound
09-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Unless we sweep the D-backs this weekend, I think so.