PDA

View Full Version : Shepards Pie

68TriShield
11-23-2008, 12:47 PM
This can be made easily with any ground meat.We use mainly Beef and Venison.

Adjust amounts for how much you need.
Ground Meat-season and brown

favorite veggies to add to meat(we use canned green beans and corn)

Potatos-mash enough fresh cooked to cover cooking bowl with at least at couple inch's.

Use whatever liquid you like,as in...
Chicken Broth/Gravy
Beef Broth/Gravy
Tomato soup-canned crushed-sauce etc

mix meat-veggies-liquid in a oven safe bowl
top with mashed potatoes,sprinkle with Paprika
bake at 350 for a hour or until hot :)

mooremedic
11-23-2008, 12:56 PM
also good with cheddar cheese between potatoes and meat and on top:D

68TriShield
11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
also good with cheddar cheese between potatoes and meat and on top:D

It so easy to customize to personal tastes and whats on hand.
So yes,cheese indeed :D

Nice to see you Mike :salute:

Footbag
11-23-2008, 01:20 PM
You're going to kill me for this suggestion, but my wife uses 1/2 ground turkey when she makes it and it absorbs the flavors so much better then just beef.

Then she covers it with an easy to make bisquick crust.

It's my favorite meal!

68TriShield
11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
You're going to kill me for this suggestion, but my wife uses 1/2 ground turkey when she makes it and it absorbs the flavors so much better then just beef.

Then she covers it with an easy to make bisquick crust.

It's my favorite meal!

Shepard's Pie is a all purpose recipe.You use whatever you like in it :tu

BigAl_SC
11-23-2008, 01:59 PM
This a go to meal in our house. I usually use corn but the green beans sound good for next time.
The biscuit crust also sounds good.

Thanks for the suggestions........

Sailchaser
11-23-2008, 02:24 PM
nothing like a great shepards Pie to keep you full in the cold weather and make the whole house smell great

Savvy
11-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Never had it, but it sounds awesome, I'm going to make an effort to have some sometime soon.

Definitely might have to find some when I'm in Europe in a couple months.

icehog3
11-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Last time I had this was in Killarney....sure like to go back for some more. :)

TXRebel
11-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Sheppard’s pie is excellent when you use Thanksgiving leftovers; Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy.

mooremedic
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
This a go to meal in our house. I usually use corn but the green beans sound good for next time.
The biscuit crust also sounds good.

Thanks for the suggestions........

Big Al you live pretty close to some of the best country cooking in the world...my buddy runs a restuarant in Cassat...Hard Time Cafe...some of the best shepards pie and pork chops i've ever eaten...you ever heard of them?

just looked again and you're not really all that close...don't know what I was thinking about.

Ron1YY
11-23-2008, 08:01 PM
nothing like a great shepards Pie to keep you full in the cold weather and make the whole house smell great

I know what you mean :D This is great down here when it hits those brutally low temps like upper 60s or lower 70s :r :r

All kidding aside, this is a great recipe when you have alot of leftovers and want to make a good meal of them!!!!

Jbailey
12-17-2008, 04:56 AM
When I head back to Madison in a few days going to hit up the Brocach for some Shepards pie. Then will try to master it at home.

Savvy
02-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Tracked some of this down at an Irish pub close to base. It was great. Had it last weekend, kind of getting the craving to get some more this weekend. We shall see. I may try to make it myself sometime too.

SeanGAR
02-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Shepherd's pie => lamb or mutton
Moomoo pie => beef
Bambi pie => venison

Cyanide
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
SHEPARDS PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that sh!t.

I lived for a month on it at basic training. While the rest of the troops had to eat the hard/preserved rations, I had a medical reason not to. So, I brought my own ultra-light backpacker's cookset, stove and fuel. Before basic had started, I dehydrated the vegetables, ground them into a powder, dehydrated 15 lbs of hamburger down to about 1.5 lbs, grabbed a bunch of powdered mashed potatoes, portioned it all into 1-meal sized vacuum bags and away I went. I was able to carry all my meals for a week in less space than the troops were carrying theirs for 2 days. Further, my beef, vegies and potatoes reconstituted and cooked faster than they could get their meals ready, and I was the envy of everyone (including the instructors, who are supposed to be hard-asses....I proved to be the exception of many rules on basic....its my nature hehe).

For that, I will always love the shepard's pie

Cheers

Cyanide

SirMoby
03-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I just made it for the first time years. Used ground buffalo with lots of carrots, celery and onions. Was good and the wife loved it.

mosesbotbol
03-04-2009, 05:03 AM
Yukon Gold potatoes!

68TriShield
03-04-2009, 05:12 AM
I just made it for the first time years. Used ground buffalo with lots of carrots, celery and onions. Was good and the wife loved it.

This sounds tasty :dr