PDA

View Full Version : Carter Hall

Emjaysmash
07-11-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.advantageservice.net/images/carter_hall_pockets.jpg

I received a "luxury pouch" of this today in the mail and decided it would be as good a time as any to write a short review.

The tobacco itself is cut fairly small and is a yellowish, tan color. The tobacco has a faint syrup-y aroma with a hint of honeydew melon. It is adequately humidified in my opinion; not too goopy and not dry. I filled my Missouri Meerschaum corncob with it and lit it up.

Lighting the tobacco was effortless. One circuit around the bowl with a match instantly started her going. Big puffy clouds of smoke were emitted from the bowl. As I started smoking I instantly noticed how mild it was. It was borderline air. There is a faint tobacco sweetness and nuttiness from the tobacco followed by an ashy finish. The ashy finish became much more noticeable as the bowl continued. Aside from the extreme mildness, the tobacco smoked like a champ! One re-light at the end of the bowl and continuous billows of smoke.

Overall: I can’t say that this tobacco wowed me with its flavors. It did however wow me by how well it smoked. I’d recommend this blend to novice smokers who are first beginning pipe smoking as well as a “complement” tobacco to cut any strong blends- Certainly an all day smoker.

jkstewart1
07-11-2011, 10:55 PM
I enjoy Carter Hall in a cob too. I hadn't thought about using it to 'temper' a stronger smoking tobacco. Wonder how it would be with some Tambo? Might have to try that tomorrow evening.

Slow Triathlete
07-12-2011, 09:19 AM
I usually mix Carter Hall with Stokebye's Black Cavendish.

3/4 CH
1/4 BC

I love it. One of the only "aromatics" that I smoke.

Sawyer
07-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Carter Hall is great for the ease of smoking. I mix about 8% blending perique with it.

Emjaysmash
07-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Carter Hall is great for the ease of smoking. I mix about 8% blending perique with it.

That sounds quite tasty!

pektel
07-12-2011, 09:42 AM
I've had a pouch sitting in my kitchen cabinet for a couple months now. Wonder how it is, now that I've tried a few other blends.

Slow Triathlete
09-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I've had a pouch sitting in my kitchen cabinet for a couple months now. Wonder how it is, now that I've tried a few other blends.

Oh my God.......Smoke It!!!!

Jason
09-08-2011, 10:05 PM
It's an aromatic?!

I smoke a lot of it and do use it as a mixer as well, good stuff and available almost everywhere

Emjaysmash
09-09-2011, 05:38 AM
It's an aromatic?!

I smoke a lot of it and do use it as a mixer as well, good stuff and available almost everywhere

It's a Va/Bur

Sawyer
09-09-2011, 07:32 AM
It is an aromatic. Definitely casing/topping in there. You can tell as soon as you open the tub. Smells kind of like juicy fruit to me.

Zanaspus
09-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Although I do prefer PA, CH never fails to satisfy. :tu