PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Desection

Blak Smyth
07-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Has anybody ever dissected a cigar to see how it was made or what it contains? It may be a sin and seem disrespectful to some, however after I let my cigar burn out last night my curiousity got the best of me.
This cigar is a Nub 460 Maduro. I was not going to nub this ciagar down because I was already a bit light headed. I would have done a better job if I had intended to post pics.

The Nub was a great smoke.
Very rich thick smoke, nice flavors. Concstruction was nice and solid. Prelight smell was great.
I tasted some woody flavors and some chocolates and coffee. I was drinking a Frappacino so who knows how much that influenced what the cigar was offering.
A bit too strong for me though (not with flavor but with nicotene).

During dissection:
I was surprised with the way the leaves were folded as well as the the different colors. I was really surprised to find two large stems inside (Shown on the top edge of the ashtray in the pic).

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5071/5908652174_4028208c2a.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5276/5908652448_cf34b6f715.jpg

Sherlockholms
07-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Nice pics, it's always interesting how cigars are rolled and put together.

Flounder
07-06-2011, 08:19 AM
I had a friend of a friend over the other day. I hooked him up with a Flor de Oliva Gold Torpedo, and he ended up just unraveling it.

I was also kind of surprised by the way they are put together.

Da Klugs
07-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Cool! Dissection can also be fun when dealing with "obvious fakes". Some counterfeit cigars are rolled with whatever they can find to fill them up. They are not meant to fool anyone but the guy handing over some bucks on the street or beach. We took apart a "Beach Cohiba" (cigar someone bought on a beach) and found little bits of rubber, what looked like a tampon string, grass, leaves, etc. Interesting side note... this cigar was in the "punishment puff puff pass" and didn't win the title of "worst cigar". That, for some, went to the Gurkha Viper. Pretty interesting.

Blak Smyth
07-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Cool! Dissection an also be fun when dealing with "obvious fakes". Some counterfeit cigars are rolled with whatever they can find to fill them up. They are not meant to fool anyone but the guy handing over some bucks on the street or beach. We took apart a "Beach Cohiba" (cigar someone bought on a beach) and found little bits of rubber, what looked like a tampon string, grass, leaves, etc. Interesting side note... this cigar was in the "punishment puff puff pass" and didn't win the title of "worst cigar". That, for some, went to the Gurkha Viper. Pretty interesting.

Oh the shame the Viper must feel after losing to a tampon string cigar!

Da Klugs
07-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Oh the shame the Viper must feel after losing to a tampon string cigar!

Think of the guys who smoked the rubber and tampon string and thought it better than the viper. :r

wayner123
07-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Cool! Dissection can also be fun when dealing with "obvious fakes". Some counterfeit cigars are rolled with whatever they can find to fill them up. They are not meant to fool anyone but the guy handing over some bucks on the street or beach. We took apart a "Beach Cohiba" (cigar someone bought on a beach) and found little bits of rubber, what looked like a tampon string, grass, leaves, etc. Interesting side note... this cigar was in the "punishment puff puff pass" and didn't win the title of "worst cigar". That, for some, went to the Gurkha Viper. Pretty interesting.

Here is a picture of the counterfeit one: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=512616&postcount=1280

gbum
07-06-2011, 10:25 AM
i did,it was oliva g special g... i do love this line but for that particular night... this stick just wont perform... after halfway i decide to stop and while i stared the fire died,the idea came to my mind...

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/9225_1231245494855_1040650095_2345300_4124266_n.jp g

top-binder
middle-filler
bottom-wrapper

icehog3
07-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Think of the guys who smoked the rubber and tampon string and thought it better than the viper. :r

Guilty. :r

Tyler
07-06-2011, 11:04 AM
I have before on really cheap budget sticks or after I am through smoking it as far down as I wish. :tu great pics guys

Tbagley
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Better than chewing on it!:noon

Retiredguy
07-07-2011, 08:10 AM
A few years ago I had a Bolivar that wouldn't draw, no matter what I tried. Curiosity got the best of me and I opened it up. It's amazing what is rolled into a large vitola.