PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony not guilty on major charges

Tio Gato
07-05-2011, 12:30 PM
As a guy with 3 beautiful grand-daughters I'm feeling sick to my stomach.
Where's the justice for Caylee?

emopunker2004
07-05-2011, 12:33 PM
I think this is BS but I don't see this thread lasting long....just saying

LasciviousXXX
07-05-2011, 12:37 PM
If everyone can keep it civil it will last.

I can't say the verdict was unexpected. While I do think that she is guilty, the prosecution did not provide enough conclusive evidence to convict. :2

emopunker2004
07-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I still wanna know what was up with the baby being duct taped...

kelmac07
07-05-2011, 12:38 PM
While I believe she is guilty...there was never any HARD evidence to convict here. Here's where ya hope karma catches up to her.

emopunker2004
07-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Like my wife just said, It doesn't matter, her life is ruined. He parents obviously dislike/hate her. I bet she has a hell of a time finding any kind of employment at this point.

ade06
07-05-2011, 12:42 PM
She will be judged by a higher power!

Remo
07-05-2011, 12:43 PM
I bet she's glad that silly trial is over, now she can get back to partying :td ;s

marge796
07-05-2011, 12:50 PM
She will be judged by a higher power!

Amen brother!!!

OLS
07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
This is one case where the jury did the right thing.
A.) not enough solid evidence to convict.
B.) Where does she GO from here? You can't even hardly STRIP to make money anymore.
Honestly. What can she now DO? That Lindey Englund that stacked those naked
Iraquis?? SHE can't get a job. What do you think Casey Anthony is gonna do?

Whoever killed that girl, they got away with murder, that's for sure. Personally, there are far too many young women
today that have no way to survive in this new world. They are spending their formative years taking nude self-pics in the
mirror and burning out their thumbs texting one another and giving themselves brain cancer with their cell phones.
Life is gonna bit&h slap them so hard. Sad. Except the nude self-pics part...carry on. ;)

Remo
07-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Lesson to all, if ever accused of a crime, deny, deny deny, take your chances with a jury always!!! Apparently a jury of her "peers" was totally correct.

N2 GOLD
07-05-2011, 01:01 PM
What a CROCK!!! :td :td

As a father I say give her the chair... :tu

loki993
07-05-2011, 01:08 PM
This is one case where the jury did the right thing.
A.) not enough solid evidence to convict.
B.) Where does she GO from here? You can't even hardly STRIP to make money anymore.
Honestly. What can she now DO? That Lindey Englund that stacked those naked
Iraquis?? SHE can't get a job. What do you think Casey Anthony is gonna do?

Easy reality show. Sad I know, but I bet if they put it on someone would watch it. Lot of morons in this world.

Tio Gato
07-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I think this is BS but I don't see this thread lasting long....just saying

Is my post BS or is the verdict BS? Just want to know.

emopunker2004
07-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Is my post BS or is the verdict BS? Just want to know.

:r :r
The verdict bro. I'm just saying people have issues being civil around here so we'll see how long the thread lasts.

Tio Gato
07-05-2011, 01:18 PM
:r :r
The verdict bro. I'm just saying people have issues being civil around here so we'll see how long the thread lasts.

Thank you, I wasn't sure. You're so right about civility lately, maybe I'm too sensitive.:)
The prosecution really blew this one. As a granddad 31 days of lies would make me insane. I feel terrible for her parents. It's heartbreaking.

icehog3
07-05-2011, 01:19 PM
I can't say the verdict was unexpected. While I do think that she is guilty, the prosecution did not provide enough conclusive evidence to convict. :2

This.

blacklabel
07-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Wow, I feel like she is quilty as well....But I dont think she will have any problems getting a job. She will just write a book talking about "If she did how she would have done it" LOL

larryinlc
07-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I personally believe she was guilty, but a good lawyer got her off. That's what lawyers do. I guess I'd rather see someone who is guilty get off rather than someone who is innocent get thrown in jail for years or worse. That seems to happen all too often in our society. The system isn't perfect but it's all we have. Better than lynch mobs our forefathers had to deal with.

In the end, she will have to live with this for the rest of her life. IF she has any conscience, that should be a difficult cross to bear.

Larry

chippewastud79
07-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Like my wife just said, It doesn't matter, her life is ruined. He parents obviously dislike/hate her. I bet she has a hell of a time finding any kind of employment at this point.

She will be counting dollars from media appearances, a book deal and likely a club tour. Well maybe not the last one. :2

chippewastud79
07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
In the end, she will have to live with this for the rest of her life. IF she has any conscience, that should be a difficult cross to bear.

If the 30 day period when the child was 'missing' are any indication, she won't have much trouble 'bearing the cross'. Unless finding a club to go to is troubling her. :rolleyes:

emopunker2004
07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
She will be counting dollars from media appearances, a book deal and likely a club tour. Well maybe not the last one. :2

eh, i still think someone will "off her"

OLS
07-05-2011, 01:33 PM
The prosecution really blew this one.
I am not so sure about this....from the little I knew of the trial, they pretty much hammered away at
the little evidence they had to work with. As was said many times in the lead up to the verdict, after
closing arguments, they had a LOT of evidence to present, but nothing at all that was all that damning.
NO confession, no weapon, no real physical evidence on the "body"...They lost, but I am not sure they
blew it per se.

elderboy02
07-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I am so glad this trial is over. I am tired of hearing about it. I didn't follow it from day one. I wish all the people following this trial cared 1/10 as much about our country.

Tio Gato
07-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I am not so sure about this....from the little I knew of the trial, they pretty much hammered away at
the little evidence they had to work with. As was said many times in the lead up to the verdict, after
closing arguments, they had a LOT of evidence to present, but nothing at all that was all that damning.
NO confession, no weapon, no real physical evidence on the "body"...They lost, but I am not sure they
blew it per se.

You are so right Brad. I should have not done a blanket accusation. I had meant to say they blew getting the correct evidence and presented a week case. A sad state of affairs.
:2

Da Klugs
07-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Sad state of affairs. Sometimes the need to protect everyones rights gets in the way of justice for the victims.

Dunkel
07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
She'll go into "adult entertainment". If they got Aileen Wuornos' daughter, she'll be easy pickin's.

The Poet
07-05-2011, 03:59 PM
A local cop here I chat with often stopped to talk to me about this verdict. Though he thought she was guilty, he said it was further evidence that "the system works". Reasonable doubt existed with no hard forensic proof, and maybe "CSI" thus holds some blame for teaching jurors to expect it. The only thing that shocked this officer was the fact that they deliberated only 7 hours, so when he heard they were finished he figured it was a guilty verdict.

(No offense intended to those "on the job" around here, but this is one reason I've lived in this town for over 30 years . . . we have one damn good police department, and damn few problems.)

As for the woman herself, it's been said already . . . she'll get hers if she's guilty, some day. Karma's a beech which does not spare the rod.

Ashcan Bill
07-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I suspect at least some members of the jury aren't happy either, but they went with the law rather than their emotions. Tough call, but even though I think she's guilty as hell, I can't fault their verdict based on the evidence presented to them.

However, there's always the chance she'll come here for a visit, pull some stunt in keeping with her nature, and end up in front of a Nevada judge and jury like O.J. did.

We're a little short on sympathy and understanding out here. ;)

forgop
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM

Larry

Given the tattoo and all the partying within hours of Caylee's death, I don't think this is much of an issue.

forgop
07-05-2011, 04:25 PM
You are so right Brad. I should have not done a blanket accusation. I had meant to say they blew getting the correct evidence and presented a week case. A sad state of affairs.
:2

They presented all they had, which was largely circumstantial to begin with. The body was too badly decomposed to have an autopsy to have the exact cause of death determined. Throw in the duct tape and the fact that Casey was the only one who had Caylee in her "possession", it's a no brainer IMO.

One thing is for sure-Baez is a jack@ss for the claims made against George Anthony and literally trying to make him the focus of the trial more so than Casey. He already lost his granddaughter and is accused of molesting his own daughter on day 1 :sl

Eleven
07-05-2011, 04:57 PM
She could still be sentenced to jail for being found guilty on 4 counts or so of lying to the cops. Each one carries a sentence of 4 years I think? I heard the judge *could* sentence her to serve them consecutively if he wanted.

Or he could just say "time served" and out she goes.

icehog3
07-05-2011, 05:13 PM
I suspect at least some members of the jury aren't happy either, but they went with the law rather than their emotions.

Yup....exactly as they are supposed to. :tu

KidRock
07-05-2011, 05:16 PM

I agree

JohnnyFlake
07-05-2011, 05:51 PM
The prosecution could not dazzle the jurors nor the judge with facts, cause they didn't have any and the defense baffled the **** out of the jurors and the judge with so much bullshit, because the judge, with his petty fits of anger, allowed the defense to go way too far off track! They muddied the waters and the judge allowed it all to happen, because in reality, he didn't know what the **** was going on! Great Defense, Weak Prosecution and a weak Judge that has no clue about what happened! But hey guys, that's just my thoughts!

Smokin Gator
07-05-2011, 06:06 PM
While I believe she is guilty...there was never any HARD evidence to convict here. Here's where ya hope karma catches up to her.

:tpd:

I firmly believe that Casey was responsible for her daughter at the time of death and that she knows what happened. That being said... I don't think they had enough evidence to link her to the death. As a result, I think the jury did exactly what they should have done. YMMV

MrsSledn
07-05-2011, 07:13 PM
A local cop here I chat with often stopped to talk to me about this verdict. Though he thought she was guilty, he said it was further evidence that "the system works". Reasonable doubt existed with no hard forensic proof, and maybe "CSI" thus holds some blame for teaching jurors to expect it. The only thing that shocked this officer was the fact that they deliberated only 7 hours, so when he heard they were finished he figured it was a guilty verdict.

(No offense intended to those "on the job" around here, but this is one reason I've lived in this town for over 30 years . . . we have one damn good police department, and damn few problems.)

As for the woman herself, it's been said already . . . she'll get hers if she's guilty, some day. Karma's a beech which does not spare the rod.

I didn't follow this trial at all. But am hearing about it on Facebook. So I turned on CNN and heard all the talk from the attorney's involved.

7 hours for this trial.... OJ's trial... The jury deliberated for a total of 4 hours. And his trial was MUCH longer.

G G
07-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I suspect at least some members of the jury aren't happy either, but they went with the law rather than their emotions.

This is exactly what I have been saying on some discussions on FB today.

Yup....exactly as they are supposed to. :tu
I agree Tom. you have to make your decision as a juror based only on the facts presented in the courtroom. I was on a jury once where to DA presented us 3 or 4 different possible crimes we could find for. The strictest one carried a mandatory sentence. The hardest charge was burglary of a dwelling with a firearm, cause the dudes supposedly stole a firearm from one of the houses they burgled. Now they abslolutely proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the clowns burgled the residence caue they had an eyewitness that saw them leaving the residence and they had all the folks stuff in their truck when they were caught. The guy who lived in the house testified that the last time he saw the firearm was several months before the burglary happened. In Florida stealing a firearm in the commision of a burglary is the same as bringing one with you.The DA absolutely didn't meet the burden of proof to justify a guilty finding by the jury. Somehow I wound up being elected as foreperson somehow, and the first thing I did was take a vote. The vote was (I think) 2 for burglary of a dwelling and 6 for burglary of a dwelling with a firearm. I explained my postition to the 6 jurors. One of the women on the jury that was prolly 20 years older than me said to me "Greg, you know in your heart that they stole that gun" and I said "yes maam, I do". But the instruction was to judge the case based on the evidence presented in the trial. It was like the old movie "Twelve Angry Men" but eventually the vote was 8 to 0 for the lesser charge. I also have to say it was mainly arrived at because it was getting close to supper time and a couple of them changed their vote so they could go home. But even though I believe they absolutely did it, (just like this case) I believe we rendered a just verdict. I was actaully angry at the DA for having that charge included cause I feel like he was just hoping that we would act on emotion and not on the facts. Just my two cents worth.

hammondc
07-06-2011, 07:37 AM
She could still be sentenced to jail for being found guilty on 4 counts or so of lying to the cops. Each one carries a sentence of 4 years I think? I heard the judge *could* sentence her to serve them consecutively if he wanted.

Or he could just say "time served" and out she goes.

They are one year terms. She has already served close to 3. The worst she will get is one year or probation of some sort.

It sucks. I really think she did it, but the evidence is not there. The duct tape cannot be tied to the body, the blood stain in the trunk could not be proven as human, nevermind as Caylee. The death odor evidence is from a new technology and could be produced from an infinite number of things. Searching for chloroform is circumstantial. None was found in the home or on the body. Murder 1 was a reach in this one by a prosecutor looking to make a name.

Nothing in the case indicates child abuse. They should have included neglect in the charges as she would have been convicted on that for not reporting her daughter missing.

I am glad the system worked this time. What if Caylee had S.I.D.S. and died naturally and Casey freaked out and lost her mind. Although it is a reach, it is a possibility.

BlindedByScience
07-06-2011, 08:24 AM
....headline on Fox this AM:

"Will Casey Cash In..??"

The same media blitz that put this trial in our face 24 / 7 is about to make this worthless piece of garbage rich. As a new grandparent of a beautiful little girl, this whole thing just disgusts me....

As far as the verdict, painful as it is, it's how the system works. As I've heard it said, "...it isn't what you know, it's what you can prove....".

Starz26
07-06-2011, 12:48 PM
:tpd:

I firmly believe that Casey was responsible for her daughter at the time of death and that she knows what happened. That being said... I don't think they had enough evidence to link her to the death. As a result, I think the jury did exactly what they should have done. YMMV

I would have to agree here. Although I did not see an aquital coming, I though a hung jury so they could retry.

With that said, the problem in my mind was that with all the evidence there was nothing at all, nada, zero, evidence that liked Casey exclusively to any piece of evidence. You could put any other players name in the theory and twist it a little and creat the same circumstantial case against them.....

The whole family is messed up. Her dad is hiding something, here brother was upset because he was not involved in her life, her mother lied to cover the search up.

The prosecution also messed up with tome key evidence like the searches for chloroform that later were proven to not be the 84 times as initially suggested. The duct tape was Georges. The sticker on the tape was never there....

There are some many things wrong with it I can see why they came to the verdict they did.

I believe she was involved in the death of her daughter, and I also believe others may have been involved in some way. I cannot say given the evidence that she killed her although I believe in my heart that she did.....

TheTraveler
07-06-2011, 04:37 PM
....headline on Fox this AM:

"Will Casey Cash In..??"

The same media blitz that put this trial in our face 24 / 7 is about to make this worthless piece of garbage rich.

It makes me wish there were some way I could avoid supporting such a thing.

:)

klipsch
07-06-2011, 04:38 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264803_1921180117312_1476336872_31850169_7692984_n .jpg

floydpink
07-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I was riding with some friends today who wanted to pay respects to little Caylee today and we rode by the horrific place she was discarded.

As a father of a little girl, it's hard to wrap my head around this.

We all felt shook up actually standing in the dirt and stopped by a local honkey tonk biker bar for a cold beer and can tell you there are some locals in Orlando who she (Casey the killer) might not want to find her if she's broken down off Chickasaw Trail where she lives.

I had a chance to talk briefly to a local deputy at the scene who put it in perspective when he said, "we all know who did it, but the jury didn't come through for us."

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/rastapete69/caylee.jpg

loki
07-06-2011, 07:53 PM
and the outrage for every other kid that the media hasn't latched onto is where?

Starz26
07-06-2011, 11:41 PM
but the jury didn't come through for us."

Actually the jury did come through for us, and IMHO made the right decision. Who did not come through for us was 1. The cop who refused to go into the swap and look where he was told to. This delayed finding the body 6 months and who knows what evidence was lost. 2. The prosecution who put up experts that were later proven to have given incorrect information.

The jury made the decision outside of all the media hype and their judgement was not altered by it.

I think that every one of them went into that room, wanting to convict, but not convinced. They spent those eleven hours trying to find something to link to her in any way. They could not.

Had even one juror been convinced she was guilty the jury would have been out much longer. This is all speculation.

I would rather a guilty person go free (they will screw up again and we will get another bite) that have an innocent person be put away for life ( having no chance at release)

I know deep down she was involved in whatever this is and so are her parents. One day, the person responsible will pay...

For those that think the jury was wrong, please, let's have a polite discussion of points: What, other than her behavior after the fact, do you feel you could point to as a reason to convict of murder.

I want to Learn something here, not bash, berate, be not civil, etc.

Starz26
07-06-2011, 11:42 PM
and the outrage for every other kid that the media hasn't latched onto is where?

This

emopunker2004
07-06-2011, 11:45 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/264306_10150266712464758_544429757_7238209_5603521 _n.jpg

Genetic Defect
07-07-2011, 12:10 AM
:sh

emopunker2004
07-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Frack i missed that it was already posted :td

elderboy02
07-07-2011, 04:59 AM

+2. Or how about all the fallen soldiers?

OLS
07-07-2011, 10:00 AM
This kind of statement is always made. As if outrage by the public would make parents stop killing or
abusing their children. It's just not so. I understand where the sentiment comes from, but it just rings
hollow to me. You have every right to make it, and I think it hits some people's ears just right, but it
doesn't do it for me somehow.

hotreds
07-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Proud to say I didn't waste one minute on this trial. Too many 24/7 news stations needing to fill time. You can't do anything in private anymore including grieve.

shilala
07-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I never heard about it till yesterday, Hugh.
To assume that the media is feeding me anything relatively close to the truth involving anything like this is too huge a stretch of the imagination for me.
Guilty or not, the mother is ruined. Guilty or not, this baby is still gone. It'll all shake out in the end. Life is short, but it'll be a lot longer and a lot more painful for those truly involved. That's the only justice I can count on.