PDA

View Full Version : CAO Brazilia Amazon

Flounder
07-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Had one this weekend, not sure how I felt about it...

It smelled quite awful coming out of the wrapper. But I lit it up anyways, and it didn't taste a whole lot better. I cant really describe what it stated like, but I wasn't a fan.

It was packed really tight, and was an Amazon (6" x 60) so it smoked really slow. At the end of the first third it became a littler more bearable, honestly it was the first time I could distinguish tastes within a cigar and it was similar to like a dark chocolate and/or molasses.

Still I didn't find it wonderful, but I finished it. It packed me full of nicotine, giving me quite the head-rush rather quickly. When I went to tap it out, it sounded like I was tapping glass on glass in the ash-try, since it was so dense.

I feel that the unique taste came from the fact that it was wrapped in a Brazilian Maduro, which I have never heard of before, first I have heard of Brazilian tobacco.

Next up as far as cigars go will be my RP Edge Maduro or my CAO Mx2.

Emjaysmash
07-05-2011, 09:33 AM
nice review. I've never had the Amazon but i've had a few Brazilias. My friend swears by these.

Flounder
07-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I probably will not buy anymore. I mean, I could finish it, but it didn't really do much for me.

Tyler
07-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Great review. I havent had an Amazon either but have smoked some of the Brazilia line and really enjoyed them. This was two years ago though so I don't know if they are better or worse now.

NCRadioMan
07-05-2011, 09:38 AM
With that large ring, you wouldn't be able to taste the wrapper too much. Next time, try a smaller size(Lambada or Piranha) and you will probably notice the difference. Usually there is one size in any line of cigars that works best for the blend. IMO, the Amazon is not it.

:2

hotreds
07-05-2011, 09:46 AM
me gusta

Flounder
07-05-2011, 09:47 AM
With that large ring, you wouldn't be able to taste the wrapper too much. Next time, try a smaller size(Lambada or Piranha) and you will probably notice the difference. Usually there is one size in any line of cigars that works best for the blend. IMO, the Amazon is not it.

:2

Good point. Never thought of that.

My local B & M only carries the Amazon. So we'll see if I stumble upon another elsewhere.

dwoodward
07-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Good point. Never thought of that.

My local B & M only carries the Amazon. So we'll see if I stumble upon another elsewhere.

Try the Gol! or the Samba... these are my favorites. I haven't had the Amazon, but I can say that either a smaller ring is needed, or your B&M might just have a bad stock on the Brazilias.

Great stick, but maybe you just don't like em? Smoke what ya like!