PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech V OK

theycallmedan'lboone
11-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Fiance ain't happy. :(:( I am not going to have any fun for at least a week.

compuag
11-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I just spent last week in Lubbock and everyone I spoke to up there expected this to happen.

white_s2k
11-22-2008, 09:01 PM
I just spent last week in Lubbock and everyone I spoke to up there expected this to happen.

Really?? I certainly thought it would be a closer game, something like 45-38.. but this is just crazy.

The Big 12 Championship is going to be a hot debate, with 3 one loss teams.

acruce
11-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Hopefully this with catapult Texas back to #1:ss

loki
11-22-2008, 09:09 PM
this isn't even a game anymore

zmancbr
11-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Really?? I certainly thought it would be a closer game, something like 45-38.. but this is just crazy.

The Big 12 Championship is going to be a hot debate, with 3 one loss teams.

Won't be much of a debate... it will be OU in the championship with a game like that in the last couple weeks of the season... I wanted OU to win, but I wanted it to be a close game so Texas would still go to the chamionship... but witha game like that, it is almost certainly gonna be:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC

Then maybe Tech will fall to 6 or so... and the highest ranked big 12 south team in the last week is the one who will play for the championship... :(

At least Florida will spank bama in the SEC title game and that should bump Texas up to finish 3 for the season...

zmancbr
11-22-2008, 10:08 PM

I wish it would... but I bet OU will pass Texas tomorrow... :(

jaycarla
11-22-2008, 10:18 PM
1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC

:tpd:

white_s2k
11-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Won't be much of a debate... it will be OU in the championship with a game like that in the last couple weeks of the season... I wanted OU to win, but I wanted it to be a close game so Texas would still go to the chamionship... but witha game like that, it is almost certainly gonna be:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC

Then maybe Tech will fall to 6 or so... and the highest ranked big 12 south team in the last week is the one who will play for the championship... :(

At least Florida will spank bama in the SEC title game and that should bump Texas up to finish 3 for the season...

Sorry, maybe I didn't word my statement correctly. I meant the Big 12 championship game, not the national championship game. Is it OU for TX or OU vs TT?

TT certainly has a case considering they beat Texas.. but then Texas beat OU.. so who deserves to go?

icehog3
11-23-2008, 01:15 AM

About as much a chance as the Stars have of being in first place Monday. ;)

longknocker
11-23-2008, 04:57 AM

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC

Not Necessarily! It ain't over 'til It's over! Roll Tide!:D

Doogie
11-23-2008, 06:16 AM
i hope Fla beats Bama. Now we have 8 one loss teams. Playoff screams will be huge

Footbag
11-23-2008, 06:23 AM
MY brother has been Talking up TT for the whole season and he knocked Penn State's 1-pt loss. I've got my ammunition.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-23-2008, 06:54 AM
well just from watching. I think if the game had been neutral site at least would have been a game. Stoops is 50-2 in Norman. that says alot about Home field advantage, I don't care who you are. 50 wins 2 losses AT HOME!? thats brutal. what I saw was harrell trying to make play after play after play when OU had their number. I think Tech is a good football team, but just doesn't have the Character... now what happens if OU looses to OSU? possibility, it's at OSU, big game let down? Alabama to lose to Auburn in 6 days... you heard it here first.

rizzle
11-23-2008, 07:39 AM

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC

http://oneyearbibleimages.com/chickens_hatch.jpg

longknocker
11-23-2008, 08:22 AM
well just from watching. I think if the game had been neutral site at least would have been a game. Stoops is 50-2 in Norman. that says alot about Home field advantage, I don't care who you are. 50 wins 2 losses AT HOME!? thats brutal. what I saw was harrell trying to make play after play after play when OU had their number. I think Tech is a good football team, but just doesn't have the Character... now what happens if OU looses to OSU? possibility, it's at OSU, big game let down? Alabama to lose to Auburn in 6 days... you heard it here first.

I don't think so!!!!:mad: Roll Tide!!!:D

DrDubzz
11-23-2008, 11:39 AM
TT certainly has a case considering they beat Texas.. but then Texas beat OU.. so who deserves to go?

the team that won on a neutral field (Texas) by double digits (rather than at home). Texas also spanked the north champ (Mizzou) by 3+ TDs.

However, regardless of this week's rankings, lets not forget everyone still has another regular season game left, a lot can happen.

DrDubzz
11-23-2008, 11:39 AM

they don't need to be #1 (don't deserve to at this point as Bama is undefeated), they just need to be ahead of OU in the BCS standings next sunday.

Rockestone
11-23-2008, 11:42 AM

I'm no fan of Texas by any means (it's a Rick Barnes thing), but I would much rather Texas jump up rather than OK, that's for sure.

zmancbr
11-23-2008, 11:46 AM
they don't need to be #1 (don't deserve to at this point as Bama is undefeated), they just need to be ahead of OU in the BCS standings next sunday.

Yes they do... but the only way that would happen is if the computers love Texas' wins and schedule more than OUs... I just saw the AP this morning and it is exactly like I called it last night...:rolleyes:

loki
11-23-2008, 12:01 PM
dear god will the EVERYONE get off USC's nuts already!

zmancbr
11-23-2008, 12:13 PM
dear god will the EVERYONE get off USC's nuts already!

Yup I agree... USC needs to stay at the back of the pack... There are much better teams with much tougher schedules that need to stay higher than USC...

loki
11-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Yup I agree... USC needs to stay at the back of the pack... There are much better teams with much tougher schedules that need to stay higher than USC...

lets see...PSU dismantled Oregon State (sorry jordon) and beat Ohio State and yet USC leapfrogs us. what ****

JE3146
11-23-2008, 12:30 PM
lets see...PSU dismantled Oregon State (sorry jordon) and beat Ohio State and yet USC leapfrogs us. what ****

On your turf in front of 100,000+ fans early in the season :rolleyes:

It's a crap comparison that I wish people would stop making. I hate USC with all my heart, but it's a crap comparison.

JE3146
11-23-2008, 12:35 PM

If they lose their BCS game, then you'll be right. If not, and they win decisively, then obviously you'd be wrong.

Tough call deciding bowl games and ranks. Not a job I'd want.. that's for sure.

After the 2000 OregonSU team got screwed out of the national championship or even 1 bowl higher, then proceeded to dismantle Notre Dame by about a 40 point lead on national television.... I really hope there were some BCS people going 'doh'. Odds are they didn't care though, just as they probably don't care right now lol.

Only reason that OSU team didn't make it to the top was because we lacked the dynasty, but whatever.

theycallmedan'lboone
11-23-2008, 03:55 PM
After the 2000 OregonSU team got screwed out of the national championship or even 1 bowl higher, then proceeded to dismantle Notre Dame by about a 40 point lead on national television.... I really hope there were some BCS people going 'doh'. Odds are they didn't care though, just as they probably don't care right now lol.

who *doesn't* beat Notre Dame in a bowl by 40 + points?:D:D

my team is barely going to be bowl eligible after this coming weekend(ain't that right rizzle), we got screwed out of the 2004 NC. I think in 2 or 3 years there will have been enough people getting screwed over that there will be a play off.

JE3146
11-23-2008, 05:08 PM

That seems to be the trend ;) :D

acruce
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
The latest BCS Standings have Alabama #1 and Texas #2 ,OU #3

zmancbr
11-23-2008, 08:27 PM
The latest BCS Standings have Alabama #1 and Texas #2 ,OU #3

SWEET!!!! That is so damn cool... so as long as we demolish A&M we will stay #2 next week and play for the big 12 title! This is a damn fine early x-mas present! :D:D:D:D

The computer gods love us! :D

white_s2k
11-23-2008, 08:35 PM
SWEET!!!! That is so damn cool... so as long as we demolish A&M we will stay #2 next week and play for the big 12 title! This is a damn fine early x-mas present! :D:D:D:D

OU is playing Oklahamo State next week.. if they dominate them I wouldn't be suprised if they jump to #2. But yes, I sure hope we stay #2!

zmancbr
11-23-2008, 08:48 PM
OU is playing Oklahamo State next week.. if they dominate them I wouldn't be suprised if they jump to #2. But yes, I sure hope we stay #2!

Yeah it could be close and next weeks BCS is the only one that counts for OU and Texas both... It is possible that OU spanks OSU and bumps us down below OU... but it looks like the computers love Texas enough to probably keep us at #2. But we need to spank A&M just to make sure... :ss

compuag
11-23-2008, 08:54 PM

Not that it will happen again this year, but the last two years.....:hn

loki
11-23-2008, 08:57 PM
the bcs is a joke

zmancbr
11-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Not that it will happen again this year, but the last two years.....:hn

Yeah I am always worried about the A&M game... it is always a good rivalry game, but we need to spank them this year.... :D

zmancbr
11-23-2008, 09:24 PM
the bcs is a joke

Well there is always some controversy... Until there is a playoff system there will always be... Cases can be made either way for Texas or OU to be ranked higher... I of course love it this year, but in all reality I just want OU or Texas to go spank the crap out of the SEC title team... :D:D

loki
11-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Well there is always some controversy... Until there is a playoff system there will always be... Cases can be made either way for Texas or OU to be ranked higher... I of course love it this year, but in all reality I just want OU or Texas to go spank the crap out of the SEC title team... :D:D

I meant where penn state is. tech got mudded by 50 and they're still above penn state. what horse ****

Tombstone
11-24-2008, 07:06 AM

Won't happen. The SEC has proven their dominance the past two years. This year we will once again shut up all of the critics.

acarr
11-24-2008, 07:10 AM
Too bad Mike Stoops was an Oklahoma coach and Sonny Dykes was a Texas Tech coach. I think both of them left the Arizona game early and ended up losing to Oregon State to go catch up on the score of the game they really cared about:fl

longknocker
11-24-2008, 09:05 AM

my team is barely going to be bowl eligible after this coming weekend(ain't that right rizzle), we got screwed out of the 2004 NC. I think in 2 or 3 years there will have been enough people getting screwed over that there will be a play off.

You better quit "Braggin"!:D It's Pay- Back time for 6 in a row! Roll Tide!!!:D

rack04
11-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah it could be close and next weeks BCS is the only one that counts for OU and Texas both... It is possible that OU spanks OSU and bumps us down below OU... but it looks like the computers love Texas enough to probably keep us at #2. But we need to spank A&M just to make sure... :ss

Now don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting for A&M to beat the hell out of UT on Thanksgiving Day, but when a team gets whooped by Baylor that really says something. :fl

zmancbr
11-24-2008, 09:14 AM
I meant where penn state is. tech got mudded by 50 and they're still above penn state. what horse ****

Well... in all reality I would take TT over Penn state... I don't mean Penn state isn't good... but the Big 10 has gotten its butt kicked several times in Title games... if Penn State played TT in a bowl I would take TT by 7.

DrDubzz
11-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Well... in all reality I would take TT over Penn state... I don't mean Penn state isn't good... but the Big 10 has gotten its butt kicked several times in Title games... if Penn State played TT in a bowl I would take TT by 7.

I would take Penn St. -3 unless it was in Lubbock. Tech is garbage on the road