PDA

View Full Version : 92 rocky patel

Kneo
06-25-2011, 10:02 PM
I had a 92 Rockey Patel for the first in a very long time tonight and I loved. So who can tell me a cigar that is similar? I am starting to build up my collection again after taking about a year off and looking for some tasty treats to fill the old Vino. Any suggestions would be great.

On a side note. When did the 92's switch to a black wrapper? Last time I had one it had a dark red wrapper like the 90's

DaBear
06-25-2011, 10:40 PM
On a side note. When did the 92's switch to a black wrapper? Last time I had one it had a dark red wrapper like the 90's

I'm not sure when, but it was fairly recently that I noticed the change in band, I bought a 92 last year with the old dark red band I remember, and I noticed the change shortly after.

73mountaineer
06-25-2011, 11:06 PM
I think that I remember reading recently that they changed the band to differentiate the '90 and '92's, as the identical bands were a bit confusing (I agree). Both have been long-time standbys to me & were some of the first cigars that I bought repeatedly. I always have a few on hand.

Kneo
06-26-2011, 03:53 PM
I think the color switch is a good idea. It was easy to confuse the two if you weren't looking. I seem to enjoy the 92's just a little more then the 90's. I keep hitting to my wife that she should buy me a box. Do far she hasn't caught the hint:)

FelonyRuckus
06-26-2011, 04:07 PM
yeah, there were too similar and changed them last summer