PDA

View Full Version : Famous Smoke site down?

cmitch
06-24-2011, 10:30 AM
I've attempted since last night to access famous-smoke.com and cigarauctioneer.com and both sites are down. Anyone know what's up?

jesseboston81
06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Famous is moving its physical location today, so all of its sites (the two you mentioned plus the monster) are down until further notice. At one point the monster had a message that it would only be down for a few hours, but that message is now gone and replaced with an error message.

EricF
06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Famous is moving its physical location today, so all of its sites (the two you mentioned plus the monster) are down until further notice. At one point the monster had a message that it would only be down for a few hours, but that message is now gone and replaced with an error message.

I got the same e-mail from them a few days ago.

cmitch
06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks, Jesse! Appreciate the info.:tu

I got the same e-mail from them a few days ago.

I buy from then a lot and never got an email. I guess I'm still low down on their pecking order.

kaisersozei
06-24-2011, 01:55 PM
I buy from then a lot and never got an email. I guess I'm still low down on their pecking order.

Don't want you to miss out :D

Dear cmitch,

On Friday, June 24, 2011 your favorite online discount cigar store is moving to our beautiful new state-of-art facility at 90 Mort Drive in Easton, PA!

Due to the move, Famous-Smoke.com, CigarAuctioneer.com, and CigarMonster.com will be temporarily off-line. We will also be unable to accept phone orders until our Call Center systems are brought back on-line. We expect this service interruption to be brief, and our websites and phone systems should be functioning normally within a few hours. We will also be suspending our same-day shipping policy during our move. We will resume same-day shipping once our move is complete.

Famous Smoke Shop values your business, and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this brief service interruption may cause.

Sincerely,

Famous Smoke Shop
90 Mort Drive
Eason, PA 18040

Please Note: Our retail store will be closed for a few weeks as we prepare for our Grand Re-Opening at the new facility. Our luxurious new retail store will be just a mile down the road -- but worlds apart! -- from our old store. Be sure to plan a visit during our Grand Re-Opening next month! Watch the retail store web page for details.

cmitch
06-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Don't want you to miss out :D

Dear cmitch,

On Friday, June 24, 2011 your favorite online discount cigar store is moving to our beautiful new state-of-art facility at 90 Mort Drive in Easton, PA!

Due to the move, Famous-Smoke.com, CigarAuctioneer.com, and CigarMonster.com will be temporarily off-line. We will also be unable to accept phone orders until our Call Center systems are brought back on-line. We expect this service interruption to be brief, and our websites and phone systems should be functioning normally within a few hours. We will also be suspending our same-day shipping policy during our move. We will resume same-day shipping once our move is complete.

Famous Smoke Shop values your business, and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this brief service interruption may cause.

Sincerely,

Famous Smoke Shop
90 Mort Drive
Eason, PA 18040

Please Note: Our retail store will be closed for a few weeks as we prepare for our Grand Re-Opening at the new facility. Our luxurious new retail store will be just a mile down the road -- but worlds apart! -- from our old store. Be sure to plan a visit during our Grand Re-Opening next month! Watch the retail store web page for details.
:r:r:r

That's what they have on their site, now.

sheeper
06-24-2011, 02:11 PM
i guess their web server guy doesn't know how to run servers that are redundant. makes me wonder how secure all their customer data is.

TXRebel
06-25-2011, 07:34 AM
FYi: Famous and Monster sites are up. No same day shipping at this time.