PDA

View Full Version : Another plus for cigar smoking

hotreds
06-21-2011, 07:36 PM
What a day! Rained as hard as I've ever seen. Took us 4 hours to get home- normally 45 minutes. Roads overcome with driveway washout, and the main highway leading home was closed in the opposite direction(happily) because it actually did flood four feet. Two poor saps tried to go thru- and their cars became floating carcasas.

Got home and the 10,000 gallon cistern had 10,100 gallons of water in it. As well as a film of water in the basement. Set up a fan, that will dry out- it's a poured foundation with some old rugs that aren't worth anything. Probably will hafta throw at least one of them out.

I recently purchased what we call a trash pump- aka clear water pump. Stuck that in the crawl space above the manhole covering the cistern to get that dirty water out first; then opened the manhole cover and dumped the hose in there, and started pumping down the cistern. Even tho I have a pretty stiff hose, it still collapsed a bit and the 3000 gallons per hour is down to half that. I guess I need a fire hose type rigidity- those are mucho expensive however.

Knowing I needed to keep an eye on things, I decided to light one up, sit on the driveway, and spent an hour smoking, watching the deer and birds, and the water gushing from the hose. That cigar made the hour go by quite pleasantly. Another plus for cigar smoking!:tu

CigarNut
06-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Sorry to hear about the problems -- at least you were able to make something good out of it! Best of luck to you!

RevSmoke
06-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Will keep you in my prayers.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

icehog3
06-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Good cigar helps almost any situation, Hugh. :tu i

Sherlockholms
06-22-2011, 12:14 AM
That's too bad to hear, but it happens. I'm glad the cigar helped pass the time!

elderboy02
06-22-2011, 05:04 AM

+1. What were you smoking Hugh?

kelmac07
06-22-2011, 05:24 AM
Sorry to hear Hugh...great way to pass the time though. :D

Dunkel
06-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Even tho I have a pretty stiff hose

No need to brag! LOL

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but at least you had time to watch wildlife and smoke a cigar.

Ender
06-22-2011, 06:18 AM
I hear ya bro. I had leaking last night in the basement. It was supposed to be fixed and now the guy is evading my calls. My wife is at the point where she just wants to move and be done with the leak...not so simple in my mind.

Subvet642
06-22-2011, 06:20 AM

Got that right! :ss