PDA

View Full Version : Brick House - Robusto

AmsterDan
06-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Brand: Brick House
Size: Robusto 5 x 54
Origin: Nicaragua (Puro)

The Look, Touch and Smell
This is a fantastic smelling cigar. I am used to Nicaraguan cigars smelling like a barn almost, a heavy beautiful aroma. This Brick House robusto smelled somewhat opposit to that, very light ... still nice though. Construction is fine with a couple of veins here and there, nothing to worry about. It's a nice cigar to look at and the same goes for the fingers. No empty, soft or hard spots.

Isn’t it cute? My girlfriend’s cigar and mine with the same wonky burn.
http://members.shaw.ca/amsterdan/Cigar%20Asylum/Reviews/Brick%20House%20-%20Robusto.jpg

Cut & Light
This cigar was lit easily and starts with quite some pepper. It makes me happy to discover the typical maduro like sweets, could be something like raisins. When the pepper takes back, a roasted coffee lingers in the background. The primary flavours would be those of deep wet woody tones, raisins and creamy sensations. I enjoy this complexity.

The taste seems to go back and forth between bitter/sharp to beautifully balanced flavours. In this second part there’s still a slight spiciness present. Not a whole lot of development going on at this point but the flavours intensify. The last part is where I start enjoying this cigar most, mainly because the pepper disappears into the background while the earlier named flavours remain.

Conclusion
Altogether, this Brick House robusto represents full flavours. A couple of wonky burns with one correction while my girlfriend didn’t have the need for any corrections at all. I would smoke this cigar again and recommend it to anyone who loves full earthy flavours accompanied by some spice and slight sweetness.

N2 GOLD
06-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the review... :tu

longknocker
06-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Great Review On An An Excellent Stick!:tu

BeerAdvocate
06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Great review. I would have to say that this is my favorite cigar. The price helps too!!!

kelmac07
06-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Nice review. Been awhile since I've smoked one of these.

Neens
06-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Nice review. Funny that you and your girlfriend's cigar had the same type of burn problem, I dont think the brick house have every given me any problems. I really enjoy these in this size and for around $4 a stick it nots breaking the bank.

Nice review. Been awhile since I've smoked one of these.

Where did I put that address.

CigarNut
06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the review -- Brickhouse is one of my fav's!

Subvet642
06-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the review! I love these too, but have moved over to the Corona Larga.

smokepuff
06-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the review! I had been wondering if I should try this stick :tu

AmsterDan
06-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys!

@smokpuff
If you fancy mature earthy flavours with some spice and slight sweetness, it is not so much the matter of 'should try' ... you GOTTA! :)

Mr B
06-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the review and nice pics. I very much enjoyed the one I was gifted.

RevSmoke
06-16-2011, 03:58 PM
I have had a couple of these and enjoyed them.

Sherlockholms
06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Nice review. I have seen these around and have heard great things about them.

cigarlvr
06-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Great review and do a great job when you dont want to spend a lot on a cigar. The few that I have had haven had te same burn issues but have been very tasty

Don Fernando
06-18-2011, 03:17 AM
hey Dan, glad you liked it, I didn't.

kelmac07
06-18-2011, 03:20 AM

Don't even think about it Anthony...I have a few in the vinos. :D

cmitch
06-18-2011, 06:26 AM
I've had the Robusto, Toro and Churchill. I wouldn't recommend the Churchill. It gets really nasty toward the end and I found myself constantly purging it. The Robusto and Toro are GREAT. These are my regular box buys.

Don Fernando
06-18-2011, 10:53 AM

pm me if you need it.

lou2row
06-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Very nice review. Fuentes have historically been finicky if smoked too fast or slow. You nailed the flavors IMO. These are a cigar definitely worth their price.