PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Blow Some Stuff Up!

jledou
06-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Sitting this morning in the UK get ready for meetings, I realized the 4th is right around the corner and it is about time to start planning the fireworks show.

Last year we made our own tubes and rigged up a little over 160 shots with cannon fuse.

Does anyone else put on their own show or any commercially licensed shooters out there?

Drez
06-14-2011, 12:48 AM
We try and do some fireworks on the 4th and new years.

Here's some of my stash

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt7/fmejido/8b0b51c0.jpg

Zeuceone
06-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Its illegal around here but we usually have something small for the kids.

emopunker2004
06-14-2011, 12:54 AM

Illegal here too G :lv

Drez
06-14-2011, 12:55 AM

Gotta love cali

Bill86
06-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Illegal you mean the same way as....:ss

Who cares, launch em!

emopunker2004
06-14-2011, 12:58 AM
It's illegal to use anything that shoots into the air. Not illegal to buy it here tho :sh

Zeuceone
06-14-2011, 01:01 AM
That doesn't mean it stops anyone. We would actually have a firework fight here, the south against the north. It was pretty stupid but a lot of fun.:r

Drez
06-14-2011, 01:07 AM
It's illegal to use anything that shoots into the air. Not illegal to buy it here tho :sh

+1 but no one cares around the holidays. Only when the old people call and complain.

Same goes in Cali when i was there

Zeuceone
06-14-2011, 01:10 AM
My fire fighter friend said they only ticket the people who still stand there trying to light the firworks as they pull up to them with the lights on.

Zeuceone
06-14-2011, 01:12 AM
+1 but no one cares around the holidays. Only when the old people call and complain.

Same goes in Cali when i was there

We almost hit one of you donut eaters with a mortar when he was passing by. He kept going. :r

Drez
06-14-2011, 01:16 AM
We almost hit one of you donut eaters with a mortar when he was passing by. He kept going. :r

Prob cause he used to donthe same thing lol.

Zeuceone
06-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Plus its independence day.

Drez
06-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Plus its independence day.

:tu

Most people are done by 12-1 anyways. Only call we go to really are the kids at 3am.

hammondc
06-14-2011, 06:35 AM
None here this year. All fireworks are banned -personal and commercial- because of extremem drought. Gudalupe county has actually banned all open flames outdoors. No grills, no smokers, no fireworks, no mosquito candles, no bug torches, technically, no lighters/no cigars.

.........Good thing I am going home to good ol' South Carolina for the 4th. Oh yeaaaaaaahhhhhh. Home of the cheap fireworks.

cricky101
06-14-2011, 06:44 AM
It was a tradition for my mom and I to drive to South Dakota from Minnesota each year to pick up a trunk full of fireworks for the 4th. And it was her idea, too. She's kind of a pyro.

kickerb
06-14-2011, 06:59 AM
i used to love firework shows! hmmm

OLS
06-14-2011, 07:31 AM
I used to get a few bags full on my way through Knoxville towards NC. My nephew and I would find a typical business
on the side of a rural highway, invariably closed for the holidays, and head off behind it to shoot our stuff. Nowadays
my mother suggests I do not get anything, so I get a little selection of non-report fireworks. You know how FEW
items do not have a report? Almost nothing.

elderboy02
06-14-2011, 07:47 AM
My buddy and his dad spend 10k on fireworks every year. Yeah, I'm going to their party. I used to spend 1k-2k each year, but now I don't see the point when I can go to their party.

maninblack
06-14-2011, 08:24 AM
I live in the fireworks capital of the Midwest. We have around 10 fireworks tents and warehouses in a 10 mile radius. People come from all over to buy here. Crazy. I have some contacts so I get them cheap. All the good stuff too. I love the 4th!!

justonemorestick
06-14-2011, 10:28 AM
I still drive to the only town in the county I can buy the Illegalized in my area fireworks so that we can block off the road and have our own illegal show but as dry as it is around here I will spend my fireworks money on beer and cigars this year.

Last year da wife asked me if it was smart to have my lit cigar in my mouth while I sorted through half a pickup bed full of fireworks.

By the way a cigar works as a great punk for lighting them off but only if you make contact with the fuse so my truck and all my fingers made it through the evening.

Apoco
06-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Nope. I'll be sitting in side with a pitbull that is cowered at my feet trembling in fear from the big booms outside.

I am telling you - Pitbulls are brave and vicious creatures :r

Actually - I babysat the dog last year. I should be free this year. With any luck, I'll be heading up to my buddy's. We just buy tons of fire crackers and bottle rockets. Dump all of them into a cardboard box and light the box on fire. Try to not get hit from the ensuing bottle rocket barrage :)
Posted via Mobile Device

N2 GOLD
06-14-2011, 11:03 AM
We try and do some fireworks on the 4th and new years.

Here's some of my stash

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt7/fmejido/8b0b51c0.jpg

Those are sweet. The ones they allow out here in So. Cal. are NOTHING like what you have. For nice ones like that we need to take a trip south of the boarder in to Mexico... So I hear, thats where they get them... -(P

jledou
06-14-2011, 02:10 PM
A couple of pictures of what we rigged up last year :D

Aero95
06-14-2011, 02:18 PM
My buddy and his dad spend 10k on fireworks every year. Yeah, I'm going to their party. I used to spend 1k-2k each year, but now I don't see the point when I can go to their party.

And the place you got the stuff from got shut down :D

sikk50
06-14-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't even think I'm allowed to have sparklers here

OLS
06-14-2011, 02:25 PM
but as dry as it is around here I will spend my fireworks money on beer and cigars this year

I have to tell you I respect the hell out of a person that thinks like this. In my city, you could tell these
people that it was far too dry and they would say "Screw it, it ain't gonna set MY house on fire" as if
the rest of the world was just their landing area for the fireworks they bought. Same thing with all
of the bullets they shoot into the air on New Year's Eve as if they had just won a battle in Libya. I was
not a racist before I got here, but I have developed a bit of a bias. I still judge a man by his character,
intelligence and courtesy, not by any other measure, so don't come down on me too hard. ;) But good for
you if you celebrate with flags and beer and cigars. Here's hoping for a serious wet down on the
2nd or 3rd so your courtesy will be rewarded.

MarkinAZ
06-14-2011, 02:31 PM
I sure do miss a good stick or two of dynamite to bring in the 4th though:rolleyes:

T.G
06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I like to fire a few SOLAS rocket flares into the nearest gas station and then kick back with a beer and watch the show.

RBOrrell
06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
I got a kick out of a store at the interchange of I95 and 278 in South Carolina (near Hilton Head). Big signs - Fireworks / Cigarettes / Gas - what a combination! Plus they sell used golf balls. What a country. :-)

hammondc
06-15-2011, 02:39 PM
I got a kick out of a store at the interchange of I95 and 278 in South Carolina (near Hilton Head). Big signs - Fireworks / Cigarettes / Gas - what a combination! Plus they sell used golf balls. What a country. :-)

Same thing on I77 in SC just over the NC/SC border. Red Rocket. Gas, beer, cigarettes, fireworks. There is a very large Liquor metroplex called Frugal MacDoogles less than a mile away and a gun store called Aim Right about a half a mile away. I will be visiting all three this year for the fourth!

BC-Axeman
06-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Around my house the July 4th is always in the middle of a drought in the forest.
Jan. 1st is the day for the loud stuff. People are very creative around here. ;) 'Nuff said.

hammondc
06-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Around my house the July 4th is always in the middle of a drought in the forest.
Jan. 1st is the day for the loud stuff. People are very creative around here. ;) 'Nuff said.

LOVE your signature.....I need a sticker for that.