PDA

View Full Version : Perdomo Habana Corojo

Volt
10-15-2008, 06:35 AM
Ok, the genuises over at Perdomo are killing the Perdomo La Tradicion Cabinet Reseva Series - bot the SG and the Cameroon (a$$holes). But last night a Brother in need called me over to his house. Seems he bought a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 10 year old and had no one to share it with. So, I volunteered to help a Brother in his time of need.

I was in a panic, unprepared with nothing to smoke. In route to his casa I slipped in to a local B&M and did a quick scan of the shelves, what's this, they now have Perdomos. The band of the Perdomo Habana Corojo jumped up at me and screamed - TRY ME. So I grabbed it and it's cousin the Maduro (robustos).

Wow, this stick looks and smokes great! The band looks good, the draw was spot on and no burn issues. Very smooth and easy on the tounge. Maybe a bit light for smoking with the bourbon, but they went together well. The Maduro might have been a better choice for the bourbon.

I really need to smoke this with a tea or water to better understand what I picked up. While Perdomo is killing 2 good lines - the Habano is an excellant and similiar smoking experience. From the write up:

Length/Ring: 5 x 52
Shape: Robusto
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Full

If strength refers to nic - I have to disagree, no where near "full". I definitly give this smoke an 8 without even having given it the proper attention while smoking. BTW, the Evan bottle didn't fight worth a dam... We killed it in about 3.5 hours....

The sales pitch:

Perdomo Habano® cigars are the latest masterpiece from Tabacalera Perdomo. Nick Perdomo Jr. has created a special, full-bodied blend using Cuban-seed tobaccos grown in the Esteli, Condega, and Jalapa regions of Nicaragua. 'The beautiful Cuban-seed Corojo and triple-fermented Nicaraguan Maduro wrappers complement this unique filler blend by adding rich, bold flavors with a smooth, satisfying finish', says Nick. And tasting is believing. These must-smoke cigars will enthrall you.

jbuck
09-04-2010, 09:08 AM
liked your review.i also am a big fan of the cabinet series. Iam fortunate to have two boxes of the cameroon and the sungrown. i went to a Perdomo event and asked why he no longer makes those cigars. it seems the cameroon is over a hundred dollars a pound for the seeds and Nick felt it was just to expensive. There is no immediate plan to bring it back. On the other hand he told me the 10th anniversary criollo is the exact cigar as the cabinet series sun grown(white label). Same girl different dress. If you get a chance try one and I would be curious as to your thoughts

CigarNut
09-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the review! These are great cigars!

kelmac07
09-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Nothing like a review of a stick you grabbed on a whim!! :tu

Volt
09-04-2010, 12:52 PM
damn mac, nothing like reviving an old post. Are you that bored :)