PDA

View Full Version : Illusione Epernay Le Petite

kaelaria
06-06-2011, 10:58 PM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/ielp/20110606ielp0001-edit.jpg

This 4.5×44 sungrown stick offers a dark brown satin wrapper with slight tooth and oil sheen, very firm construction, a triple cap, small veins, tight seams and a very mild chocolate aroma. First light reveals an almost effortless draw, plenty of thick rich smoke output with mild-medium flavors of a very smooth oily and slick slightly sweet dry tobacco taste and a short clean finish. The first third brings up the strength a good bit pushing full, with flavors just going to a very parched, dry tobacco with a long finish. 25 minutes in just past the 1/2 way point, a creamy coffee starts to build while the body ramps up to join the strength level at medium-full, also growing the finish and adding a bit of pepper zing. Ending at 35 minutes to the warm nub, the last bit showed no further transitions. Video on the site

hscmit
06-07-2011, 07:38 AM
I love these

thanks for the review

icehog3
06-07-2011, 07:44 AM
I am glad I tried this cigar before reading this review...I liked the cigar a lot, but the review doesn't make it sound too appealing. :2

Bill86
06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I am glad I tried this cigar before reading this review...I liked the cigar a lot, but the review doesn't make it sound too appealing. :2

I have to agree with Tom, sometimes the words don't seem to match the videos. It seems you give it a yay or nay on the videos but the written review leaves it going either way.

icehog3
06-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Yup...."very parched, dry tobacco with a long finish" doesn't sound like a good endorsement to me, but I found the Epernay to be quite flavorful.

Mr B
06-07-2011, 10:58 AM
The Le Elegance, Le Grande and Le Petite are pretty much my all time "Fall Back" stick. I have never had one let me down. To me, these are one of the tasty sticks out there hands down.
Thanks for the review.

kickerb
06-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the review, I looking forward to trying a Illusione 88 sometime soon!

I was looking at your other posts on your site and I'm not quite sure how you can boast a 500,000 videos viewed accomplishment without first paying respect to the apparatuses that got your there in the first place. :2

Ahbroody
06-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Yup...."very parched, dry tobacco with a long finish" doesn't sound like a good endorsement to me, but I found the Epernay to be quite flavorful.

I told you. :noon. Now you can start playing for both teams like me.

kaelaria
06-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Not quite sure what to say except you are interpreting the words incorrectly. I didn't mean to impart good or bad connotations to the descriptions, they are simply accurate. If you don't like the kind of sticks that make you drool and salivate, a very parched experience might be right up your alley! lol

Part of my review style is specifically NOT to use subjectiveness such as good or bad as far as the flavors - what you like I might hate and vice versa. That's why I don't give ratings or approvals.

And kickerb I have absolutely no idea what you mean? What got me here is years of work, and loyal viewers who I can't thank enough, and did so in that post.

cigarlvr
06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
I have smoked man of these and they sure are a tasty stick

icehog3
06-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Not quite sure what to say except you are interpreting the words incorrectly. I didn't mean to impart good or bad connotations to the descriptions, they are simply accurate. If you don't like the kind of sticks that make you drool and salivate, a very parched experience might be right up your alley! lol

Part of my review style is specifically NOT to use subjectiveness such as good or bad as far as the flavors - what you like I might hate and vice versa. That's why I don't give ratings or approvals.

And kickerb I have absolutely no idea what you mean? What got me here is years of work, and loyal viewers who I can't thank enough, and did so in that post.

I am sure they were accurate for the experience you had with your Epernay, I was simply saying my experience was different, and I would likely not have enjoyed it had mine been "very parched, dry tobacco with a long finish" in flavor.

pnoon
06-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Not quite sure what to say except you are interpreting the words incorrectly.

It's either that or you are using the words incorrectly. :2

TBone
06-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Just smoked my first one at last Thursdays herf...I may have found my new go to cigar...yummy Thanks for the review

Duke9192
06-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Looks tasty!