hotreds
05-27-2011, 09:18 AM
http://committedtotruth.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/memorial-day.gif

hotreds
05-27-2011, 09:21 AM
http://www.daily-dirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Memorial-Day-1.jpg

Fordman4ever
05-27-2011, 09:23 AM
In loving memory of a Hero, Jeff Lehner.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50273_199801761223_4751_n.jpg

N2 GOLD
05-27-2011, 10:28 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/tmdsu11052620110526100256.jpg

Sooo ture, that is one very BIG price they have paid for us....
:usa :usa :usa :usa

bvilchez
05-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I was going to start a thread about Memorial Day but Hugh beat me to it.

I ask from my fellow BOTL and SOTL to take a minute sometime over this weekend and remember what the day is truly about. Many men and women have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we may live in peace and freedom. You have mothers who will wake up without being able to see their son/daughter again. Children who will never be able to feel the loving embrace of their father/mother. Wives/husbands who will never be able to hold the hands of their spouse as the walk down the street again.

Please I beg you to keep in mind those who have given their all so that we may enjoy weekends like this. And keep in mind their families who will, for the rest of their lifetime, have to endure the memory of their loved ones in just that....memory.

R.I.P. my fellow brethren.....

marge796
05-27-2011, 11:03 AM
:usa :usa :usa :usa :usa

longknocker
05-27-2011, 11:34 AM
:usa

CigarNut
05-27-2011, 11:36 AM

Isom-niac2
05-27-2011, 11:52 AM

I ask from my fellow BOTL and SOTL to take a minute sometime over this weekend and remember what the day is truly about. Many men and women have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we may live in peace and freedom. You have mothers who will wake up without being able to see their son/daughter again. Children who will never be able to feel the loving embrace of their father/mother. Wives/husbands who will never be able to hold the hands of their spouse as the walk down the street again.

Please I beg you to keep in mind those who have given their all so that we may enjoy weekends like this. And keep in mind their families who will, for the rest of their lifetime, have to endure the memory of their loved ones in just that....memory.

Well said my brother!!

NCRadioMan
05-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks to all Veterans past and present and those currently serving! :usa

http://www.punjabigraphics.com/images/2/love-the-usa.gif

ucla695
05-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Sailchaser
05-27-2011, 01:33 PM
I have been involved with Mi largest parade in good old SCS and the best part is watching the Vets smile when people acknowledge them, One word for me

GRATITUDE

TBone
05-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Many National Cemeteries are having services for those who gave all...The VA Hospital Cemetary in Hampton Virginia being one of them...this would be a great event to take children to so that they may understand the freedoms they have and to meet WWII, Korean, Vietnam War vets and say thank you for what they did for us...and to say thank you to the current Military members for carrying on that service...I know I am.

icehog3
05-27-2011, 02:38 PM
:salute:

kelmac07
05-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Great stuff right here!! :salute:

smelvis
05-27-2011, 03:44 PM
This is one of two of my most important holidays, I never served but Love all who did and will smoke many a stick and shed an equal amount of tears in gratitude throughout!!

Thank You!

mariogolbee
05-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Many National Cemeteries are having services for those who gave all...The VA Hospital Cemetary in Hampton Virginia being one of them...this would be a great event to take children to so that they may understand the freedoms they have and to meet WWII, Korean, Vietnam War vets and say thank you for what they did for us...and to say thank you to the current Military members for carrying on that service...I know I am.
Do you have any idea of how to find out about something like this in my area?

Drez
05-27-2011, 04:09 PM
I've lost people who served with me and can not even begin to imagine the pain that there family's have endoured. God bless all vets past, present and future and god bless all those who support the vets.

It is a honor to have surved and a honor to be part of such a tight knit community that supports the troops. God bless you all and god bless the USA.:usa:l

Starscream
05-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Well said, Hugh.

jdakine
05-27-2011, 06:01 PM
:salute::usa:salute::usa:salute:

markem
05-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Some words are worth repeating when remembering that freedom isn't free. The brave men and women, living and dead, who have given their all for freedom at home and abroad should never be forgotten or thanked, never more so that at this time. A long time ago, an American president expressed the feelings of a country for those who gave the last full measure of devotion to this cause. I think that it is worth pondering this succinct and eloquent expression of remembrance at this time.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

-- President Abraham Lincoln, Thursday, November 19, 1863, at the dedication of the Soldiers' National Cemetery in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

CasaDooley
05-27-2011, 06:27 PM
God bless all those that have served and are currently serving this great country of ours! Your sacrifice and dedication is immeasurable. BRAVO ZULU! :salute:

Remo
05-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Fallen Heroes of:

Notices for:
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Operation Enduring Freedom

Fallen Heroes of Operation Iraqi Freedom
Remembering the servicemembers who died in the service of their country.
Marine Staff Sgt. James W. Cawley

41, of Layton, Utah.
Killed during a firefight with enemy forces. He was assigned to F Company, 2nd Battalion, 23rd Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, Salt Lake City, Utah. Died on March 29, 2003.
James W. Cawley met and married his wife Miyuki while serving in the Marines on the Island of Okinawa. They have two children, a son named Cecil, age 8, and a daughter Keiko, age 6. He served for 12 years in the Marine Corps, retired and became a Salt Lake City Police Officer, Detective, and a SWAT team member. He enlisted in the Marine reserves and was called back to active duty in early 2002. He was tough, and yet very soft-hearted. He was fluent in Japanese and could read and write in Kanji. He also served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Fukuoka Japan Mission. He was one of America's best, a truly moral, family man who loved his wife and children as well as his country. He belived in what he was doing and was supportive of efforts to free the Iraqi people of opression. He will truly be missed by his family, friends and community.

Let's remember our brothers!!!

TBone
05-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Do you have any idea of how to find out about something like this in my area?

I would contact the local VA Hospital and ask where the out door Memorial Service is being held...they surely will get you on the right track...

shark
05-27-2011, 07:51 PM

You got it! :tu Too many have fallen since 1775 to let people forget.

shark
05-27-2011, 07:52 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4292177806_72600760bc.jpg

maninblack
05-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Well said on all accounts brothers! I love this country, the people that reside in it, and am thankful for those that made it the great nation we have today. Never forget.

RevSmoke
05-27-2011, 08:28 PM
I agree - take the time this weekend to remember what this weekend is all about. It is so easy to get lost in the extra day off and getting together with family that the real heros are forgotten.

Thanks to all who have served.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

hotreds
05-27-2011, 09:11 PM
http://restoredtruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/washington-dc-arlington-national-cemetery-s.jpg

KidRock
05-27-2011, 09:13 PM
:usa :salute:

hotreds
05-29-2011, 07:15 AM
http://www.pogowasright.org/blogs/dissent/images/CoxForkum.gif

ABNMP619
05-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Hugh, you are a true American Hero yourself brother! To all others; please take a moment this Memorial Day, stop, pray and take a moment of silence and say "Thank you!" To all of our military members who can not be here today to spend this time with us. RIP: Barberay Vieyra, 64th MP CO, Kunar Province, Afghanistan, 18 SEP 2010. You are truly missed.

Barcode
05-29-2011, 07:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK0T4pVHP28&feature=player_embedded

taltos
05-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Do you have any idea of how to find out about something like this in my area?Either contact the local cemetary or contact the local American Legion post. They should have the needed information.:tu

drjammer
05-30-2011, 07:13 AM
:usa:salute: :usa

ahc4353
05-30-2011, 07:36 AM

hotreds
05-30-2011, 07:45 AM
http://www.newsgates.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/memorial-day-flag.jpg

massphatness
05-30-2011, 07:45 AM
May God keep the fallen and protect those that serve.

-A Grateful American

kelmac07
05-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Happy Memorial Day to my fellow brothers/sisters serving (past and present) in the Armed Forces. :salute: X 21

BigAsh
05-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Thank you to all that are, and have, served this great Nation!...:usa:usa

Whee
05-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Just a little reminder for today.

http://www.vfw.org/Community/Flag-Education/

Montano
05-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Enjoy the freedom given to us by our military !!

TheTraveler
05-30-2011, 09:40 AM

A salute to all who have served or are now serving. Thank you!

MarkinAZ
05-30-2011, 10:21 AM
To All Veteran's, Thank you for your Service to our Country:usa

Skywalker
05-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Thank you for your service and sacrifice! :usa

newcigarz
05-30-2011, 12:23 PM

Trkdrvremt
05-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Remembering that Freedom is not Free!!!!!

http://thebrigade.thechive.com/2011/05/29/giving-everything-38-hq-photos/

Thank You to all that serve past present and future!!!!!

BnBTobacco
05-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Grateful to everyone who laid the ultimate sacrifice at the altar of freedom (my fave line from Saving Private Ryan - and it means so much). Thank you!

mariogolbee
05-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Thank you to all of the ladies and gentlemen who are serving now and have served in the past.

I posted this elsewhere before. A little time spent on this site is one way I can think of to pay tribute to those in service who have fallen. http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/war.casualties/

Wanger
05-30-2011, 03:06 PM
My grandfather served, but never saw action, that I know of. He never talked about it, much like many of his generation. It was just a part of what they did and they never wanted to call attention to themselves.

So here is something i don't do often. I offer a salute to all of you who are currently serving and have served. Thank you and Godspeed.

elderboy02
05-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks to all who have served or are currently serving :usa

Cenookie
05-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Thank you can never be said enough. May we never ever forget our fallen hero's!!!!:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa

IBQTEE1
05-31-2011, 09:09 AM
God Bless :usa