PDA

View Full Version : Midwest botl's be careful!!!

Remo
05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
I got to the airport in Orlando and the flight I was connecting on in Dallas was cancelled because the plane was damaged by hail, staying another night here, looks like some major tornado activity across the whole midwest, be safe folks.

jesseboston81
05-25-2011, 04:19 PM
My parents are supposed to fly out of Milwaukee tonight and they're looking at a 2+ hour delay and the probability of staying the night in Detroit.

Remo
05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
My parents are supposed to fly out of Milwaukee tonight and they're looking at a 2+ hour delay and the probability of staying the night in Detroit.

Hope it works out for them, now at least I have a straight fly through to salt lake in the morning I hope!!!!

MajorCaptSilly
05-25-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm going storm chasing with my son in about an hour. Indiana has a good chance for tornado activity.

MCS

Whee
05-25-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm going storm chasing with my son in about an hour. Indiana has a good chance for tornado activity.

MCS

Really active down near Bloomington.

secretsquirrel
05-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Got some detruction 10 miles northwest on my house. Greensburg. A couple of barns. Tractor trailers blown over and trees down. And the big wave is not even near us yet.

Whee
05-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Got some detruction 10 miles northwest on my house. Greensburg. A couple of barns. Tractor trailers blown over and trees down. And the big wave is not even near us yet.

Looked pretty nasty on tv. My brother is in Greenwood. Getting pounded right now.

emopunker2004
05-25-2011, 07:13 PM
I got to the airport in Orlando and the flight I was connecting on in Dallas was cancelled because the plane was damaged by hail, staying another night here, looks like some major tornado activity across the whole midwest, be safe folks.

do anything since ur still there?

MajorCaptSilly
05-26-2011, 06:27 AM
We ended up west of Winimac, IN about 80 miles from home. We parked on a back road with a field on both sides of us and watched the lightning and wind show for about an hour. Saw 2 deers, hit one rabbit, and nearly missed a cat during the adventure. On our way home, we saw the beginnings of a funnel cloud in the lightning. It was about midnight, so too dark to get good footage. Interesting night.

MCS

Wanger
05-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Over the weekend, there was a few tornadoes in our neck of the woods, and one that did some damage in MPLS. We were safe, thankfully, but I feel for those that lost a lot of their belongings, as well as those that lost their lives.

Heard a story on the radio yesterday morning about a Dominos (I believe) manager that pushed 15 people into the freezer and held the door shut to same them. Unfortunately, he did not survive. That's a hero.