PDA

View Full Version : Fridge died / rant

Drez
05-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Well got back late last night from my 4 day trip to Orlando with my girl and low and behold when I walk into our apartment I can smell something odd in the air. My first thought was that my girlfriends sister (who had come by a couple times we were gone to feed out pets) might have left something out or forgot to take out some trash.

Well no

I open the fridge to put in a bottle of water and bam!!!! Hot stinky air. Seeing as it was 12 am no one was at the maint office so here I am filling 3 yes 3 large black trash bags with spoiled food.

Now the few dollars I was able to save on out trip that I was gonna buy a couple smokes with has to be spent on restocking a WHOLE fridge/freezer.

Sorry guys I'm just a little ticked off that this happened while i was gone and therefore lost all of our chicken, meat and fish along with everything that was in the fridge.

Ok I'm done

/end rant

kelmac07
05-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear Frank.

Drez
05-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Sorry to hear Frank.

Yea the maint man came by not to long ago and said the compressor took a crap so they have to replace the whole fridge which should come in tomorrow.

I said I don't care it's not like I have food on ice or anything it all went bad and is in trash bags in the dumpster.

O well

kelmac07
05-12-2011, 09:06 AM
On the bright side...you get to go food shopping!! :D :D

Drez
05-12-2011, 09:13 AM
On the bright side...you get to go food shopping!! :D :D

Yay..............….................:pu

cmitch
05-12-2011, 09:15 AM
What was the brand of fridge? Frigidaire Gallery or a GE?

Drez
05-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Whirlpoo I mean whirlpool.

hscmit
05-12-2011, 09:26 AM
sorry to hear it frank

icehog3
05-12-2011, 09:45 AM
That sure sucks to come home to....sorry it happened, Frank.

Christiel49
05-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear that Frank!!

I feel your pain borther. I came home for a trip to the beach a couple of years ago & the compressor went bad in my chest freezer!!!!! Oh, let's say several deer, wild turkeys and lots of pork and chix....not to mention all my frozen goodies....sunday gravy, lasagna, veggies, soups!!!

My suggestion...resotck what is necessary and try not to think about it again. Just the memories of filling up those bags of food makes me angry

Best of luck .

Drez
05-12-2011, 09:58 AM
yea it sucks but like i told my girlfriend what could you do.

the new fridge wont be here till tomorrow so i guess we will just eat take out tonight and then hit up the grocery store tomorrow.

BC-Axeman
05-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Perfect! Turn the dead fridge into a humidor.:banger

nofeardiver
05-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Now the few dollars I was able to save on out trip that I was gonna buy a couple smokes

What kind of smokes? :tt Just curious!!!

Drez
05-12-2011, 11:19 AM
What kind of smokes? :tt Just curious!!!

I dunno I was thinking of picking up a few tats or seeing what I could snag online or at the b&m.

TBone
05-12-2011, 12:30 PM
You must be new to appliances crapping out, they never go when your home they wait you out until you go away for a few days and then they go....Happened to me in the Philippines just got back from a weekend of diving for fish we left on Monday came back Weds. and the Fridge died sometime Monday afternoon...talk about gag. So I feel your rant...

justonemorestick
05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear that but that is why we try to eat everything in the fridge/freezers before going out of town for a while. Just think of it this way that bottle of ketchup was expired and needed to be tossed anyway.

Blueface
05-12-2011, 04:09 PM
That sucks but hey, living in Florida, South Florida to be specific, Miami to be yet more specific, food going to waste in a fridge is a potentially common occurrence between June 1st and November 30th.
On the bright side, be glad it wasn't something like Andrew for you or Wilma for me in Boca where it took out my roof and screen enclosure, along with my food thanks to 10 days with no electricity, with a $5K deductible to boot.

emopunker2004
05-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I dunno I was thinking of picking up a few tats or seeing what I could snag online or at the b&m.

oooo reeeeeeeeaaaalllllyyyyyy:D

forgop
05-12-2011, 06:09 PM
If you replace it, search craiglist for someone to come pick it up. There are people searching for dead appliances to haul away for free here.

emopunker2004
05-12-2011, 06:13 PM
If you replace it, search craiglist for someone to come pick it up. There are people searching for dead appliances to haul away for free here.

i'm sure the landlord is doing that though

Bunker
05-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Sorry about the fridge, I hate throwing away food.

But let me make sure I have this right, you're saying you could use some smokes? :hm

emopunker2004
05-12-2011, 06:21 PM

But let me make sure I have this right, you're saying you could use some smokes? :hm

yup that's what i heard as well

forgop
05-12-2011, 06:27 PM
i'm sure the landlord is doing that though

Oops...overlooked the word "apartment". :sl

TheTraveler
05-12-2011, 06:52 PM
On the bright side that's one worry you can take off your list for the next few years (knock wood!), unless of course the landlord went all cheapo on the new fridge. :tu

Drez
05-12-2011, 07:10 PM
No my landlord / leasing office are real good to me (especially since they like having as many police officers living in the community) so they ordered a brand new fridge today for me. The maint guys came over and replaced the relay thinking that is what crapped out but it ended up being the compressor. They haul away the old fridge so no worries there.

I was kind of disappointed cause the manager told me if I would have saved the food so they could take pictures and had some receipts they could have tried to give me a small credit on my rent payment.

I was too upset last night to even think about that cause it was stinking already so I just dumped it all.

And everyone always wants some new smokes but this just kind of killed the budget. Hell I'm surprised 4 days at Disney world didn't kill it.

emopunker2004
05-12-2011, 07:16 PM
sorry bro. hope everything works out 4 u

EricF
05-12-2011, 07:19 PM

yup that's what i heard as well

Do I smell something happening here? :sh

And I don't mean stinking, rotten food! :tu

emopunker2004
05-12-2011, 07:20 PM

i have no idea what u speak of

Drez
05-12-2011, 07:22 PM

i have no idea what u speak of

Eric I will show up to your house and blow up your mail box in person with a box of grape phillies and Justin I have your addy!!!!

emopunker2004
05-12-2011, 07:25 PM
me no scurred. i walk amongst 300 violent felons daily at work. u and ur spoiled food don't scare me

EricF
05-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Eric I will show up to your house and blow up your mail box in person with a box of grape phillies and Justin I have your addy!!!!

Yeah sure!!!! I ain't skeered of the Po Po!!!!!:noon:noon:noon

Remenber I have your addy also!!!:sl:sl

Remo
05-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Drez, go hook Eric up and drive him to Jax and book him into Justin's jail, now that would be too funny!!!!

Drez
05-12-2011, 07:28 PM
me no scurred. i walk amongst 300 violent felons daily at work. u and ur spoiled food don't scare me

See how tuff you are when a large flat rate box shows up filled with week old steaks and fish and a 5 of black and milds......

:D

emopunker2004
05-12-2011, 07:28 PM
i'l box up some of my cats **** and send it to u

EricF
05-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Drez, go hook Eric up and drive him to Jax and book him into Justin's jail, now that would be too funny!!!!

Do i still get the grape phillies????:r:r:r

emopunker2004
05-12-2011, 07:29 PM

:r:r

Remo
05-12-2011, 07:33 PM
And sorry about your fridge and food, kinda like getting out of the car on a suspicious odor call and you can smell death from the sidewalk, you know it's gonna be bad!!

Drez
05-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Do i still get the grape phillies????:r:r

yea in a big evidence bag..................

i'l box up some of my cats **** and send it to u

well played sir. :tu

not much can be compared to cat poop. :pu

however i would try and find something.............:D

T.G
05-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I was kind of disappointed cause the manager told me if I would have saved the food so they could take pictures and had some receipts they could have tried to give me a small credit on my rent payment.

Do you pay at the market with a debit or credit card? Print a statement for the last month or so of charges, white out all the non-supermarket charges and personal data aside from your name, photocopy it and give them the copy. Won't be 100% accurate, but it's something.

Blueface
05-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Do you pay at the market with a debit or credit card? Print a statement for the last month or so of charges, white out all the non-supermarket charges and personal data aside from your name, photocopy it and give them the copy. Won't be 100% accurate, but it's something.

Will the landlord at least accept your word on having had a bottle of water and a gallon of milk?
That would buy at least one good cigar.;)

OLS
05-13-2011, 07:21 AM
My compressor fan on my fridge went out some time ago, but since my landlady only hires scumbag lowlifes
to do her maintenance, I have had a box fan blowing at the back of the fridge for two years. Keeps the com-
pressor cool and my food likewise. When I move out, she can deal with it. I am sick of people coming into my
place and two weeks later someone tries to break in. When you live where I live, it is not uncommon for anyone
to be eyes for other criminals. I used to keep a lawn mower on the side of the house that was so inconvenient
to reach, that only the meter reader went back there. I see him reading my meter while I am on a lunch break at
my house, and that night, the lawn mower disappears. My mother had her roof replaced which is the only
time anyone could get a look at her backyard. (big dog) After the roofers left, that weekend her riding mower
disappears. So as I have 6 ice chests full of cigars and am gone all day long, I use a box fan to cool my comressor, lol.

nofeardiver
05-13-2011, 07:26 AM
I had to start laughing at this thread after i posted... But one thing, you said we are allways wanting to try new sticks, like what did were you wanting to try??? Just curious....been looking for new stuff my self...

:hy

MurphysLaw
05-13-2011, 07:27 AM
First the fridge goes, looks like the mailbox is next :r

T.G
05-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Will the landlord at least accept your word on having had a bottle of water and a gallon of milk?
That would buy at least one good cigar.;)

I know a wise man who would say something like "Take a picture of the trash bags in the dumpster. Maybe use a broom handle to rip them open before taking the pictures."

Bunker
05-13-2011, 12:03 PM

It might last the weekend, but then here comes Monday.......:noon

Drez
05-13-2011, 01:23 PM
The land lord was trying to be helpful but Its not in their policy to cover any loss when it comes to this. O well new fridge came in today.

Drez
05-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I had to start laughing at this thread after i posted... But one thing, you said we are allways wanting to try new sticks, like what did were you wanting to try??? Just curious....been looking for new stuff my self...

:hy

I pled the 5th

My compressor fan on my fridge went out some time ago, but since my landlady only hires scumbag lowlifes
to do her maintenance, I have had a box fan blowing at the back of the fridge for two years. Keeps the com-
pressor cool and my food likewise. When I move out, she can deal with it. I am sick of people coming into my
place and two weeks later someone tries to break in. When you live where I live, it is not uncommon for anyone
to be eyes for other criminals. I used to keep a lawn mower on the side of the house that was so inconvenient
to reach, that only the meter reader went back there. I see him reading my meter while I am on a lunch break at
my house, and that night, the lawn mower disappears. My mother had her roof replaced which is the only
time anyone could get a look at her backyard. (big dog) After the roofers left, that weekend her riding mower
disappears. So as I have 6 ice chests full of cigars and am gone all day long, I use a box fan to cool my comressor, lol.

That's Freaking awesome. I wanna see a pic of that.

And yea I live in a pretty good area and everyone knows Im a cop so you can tell they get scared when them come to do things in my apt lol. It's like they think it's a sting to take them away lol.

I really hope not lol. Tired of replacing things!!!

cmitch
05-13-2011, 06:11 PM
I had a Frigidaire Gallery that crapped out on Thanksgiving day, 2001. It was a 1 year old fridge. They refused to replace compressor insisting the factory required the install of a hard start kit first. I wasn't pleased with the solution but they fixed it. But, what are the chances of it happening twice? AND on the same holiday? But, it did. Thanksgiving day, 2002, it died again. This time, they put in a new compressor. In both instances, thankfully we had a Coca-Cola cooler that my wife stored flowers in for weddings.

Sorry about your troubles. What's a brother to do for a brother in so much do?:D

Drez
05-13-2011, 09:30 PM
I had a Frigidaire Gallery that crapped out on Thanksgiving day, 2001. It was a 1 year old fridge. They refused to replace compressor insisting the factory required the install of a hard start kit first. I wasn't pleased with the solution but they fixed it. But, what are the chances of it happening twice? AND on the same holiday? But, it did. Thanksgiving day, 2002, it died again. This time, they put in a new compressor. In both instances, thankfully we had a Coca-Cola cooler that my wife stored flowers in for weddings.

Sorry about your troubles. What's a brother to do for a brother in so much do?:D

Wow I can't imagine having this happen 2 times.

The part that really sucks is that my girlfriends sister came over Monday and spent most of the day at the house to feed our pets and when she left she said she had grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and it was all working fine.

O well new one came in today and me and the lady went to Costco and Winn Dixie and watched my small cigar fund and my bank account practically disappear in front of my eyes. Lol

Blueface
05-14-2011, 06:56 AM
O well new one came in today and me and the lady went to Costco and Winn Dixie and watched my small cigar fund and my bank account practically disappear in front of my eyes. Lol

I would have thought Disney World would have done a much better job of that than food for a fridge.

My cigar budget for the last month has gone to helping my daughter and two granchildren. Things happen and cigars just don't rank up there compared to many more important things.

Drez
05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
I would have thought Disney World would have done a much better job of that than food for a fridge.

My cigar budget for the last month has gone to helping my daughter and two granchildren. Things happen and cigars just don't rank up there compared to many more important things.

Yea we were surprised we didn't run up that high of a tab at Disney.

acruce
05-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the fridge.I woke this morning to find that the water line to my fridge had broken and my kitchen and formal dining room were flooded. I have been tearing out the wood floors in the dinning room all day. What a mess.

Drez
05-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear about the fridge.I woke this morning to find that the water line to my fridge had broken and my kitchen and formal dining room were flooded. I have been tearing out the wood floors in the dinning room all day. What a mess.

Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. That's def worst than me. My hat is off to you brother.

acruce
05-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. That's def worst than me. My hat is off to you brother.

Thanks......