PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Torano Robusto

Nathan King
05-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Carlos Toraño Robusto

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae203/NathanAKing/Cigar/IMG_1988640x345-1.jpg
Origin : Honduras
Format : Robusto
Size : 4.75 x 52
Wrapper : Ecuador
Filler : Honduras, Nicaragua
Binder : Indonesia
Hand-Made
Price: $6.15

Four generations ago, the Toraño family began making fine cigars in Havana, Cuba. In 1959 the family left Cuba and was instrumental in pioneering the art of processing Piloto Cubano in the Dominican Republic. Today, Casa Toraño has 13 cigar lines with factories in Honduras and Nicaragua.

Appearance : 3/5 stars

The Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper is smooth and elastic with a few small veins and a subtle green tint. A point deduction was given because of a few blemishes in the wrapper, along with an incompletely covered foot.

Construction : 4.5/5 stars

The cigar is well rolled showing an even pack. Seams in the wrapper are almost invisible, and the cap is generous. Drawing on the cigar is effortless, and the smoker is rewarded with a mouth full of smoke every time. Even toward the end, this Robusto burned cool and evenly.

Flavor : 4/5 stars

The Casa Toraño Robusto begins very mild and slightly grassy. A slightly sweet cedar note joined the grassy flavor just before the nutty finish. Every few draws a hint of spice is noted in the creamy smoke.

Value : 4/5 stars

At just over six dollars this cigar provides a pleasing, relaxing, and soft profile that begs to be complimented with a lightly roasted coffee.

Overall Rating : 4/5 stars

The Casa Toraño Robusto is a relaxing cigar with a nicely balanced set of light flavors in the mild – medium bodied range. Because of the flavor and reasonable price range, trying this cigar is highly recommended.

N2 GOLD
05-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Nice review. :tu

This is a good Sunday morning reading the paper cigar. -(P

Zeuceone
05-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Got a few of these at an event and they are definately a nice morning 'gar.

MarkinAZ
05-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Nice review on the Casa Torano robusto Nathan. Have you had the opportunity to burn the Maduro version? Just curious...

jwillm
05-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Nice review. :tu

This is a good Sunday morning reading the paper cigar. -(P

Just throw in a cup of coffee and :tpd:

Sherlockholms
05-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Have had a few of these and they are very smooth cigars. Thanks for the review Nathan.

TBone
05-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Great review...I just gave one of these away yesterday, I'm finding my palate has evolved and I'm not much into the connecticut wrapper anymore.