PDA

View Full Version : iTunes artwork/song software

jjirons69
05-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I have over 6000 songs from everybody and everywhere. I've been doing the manual corrections for some time, but it's getting old. I know there are all kinds of software, both free and $, that claim to fix misspellings, apply artwork, etc. I already have a vast majority of it done. First, what are the good ones and what do they do. Second, will the application mess up what I already have. Being anal, I have all the artists, genres, and titles correct - I'd eventually like to have all the album titles, artwork, and year.

RGD.
05-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Hmmm - I didn't even think that there might be software to help with that so I'm interested also.

Morning bump -

Ron

hammondc
05-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Hmmm...this could be badass. I have 9,365 songs and the tags are all over the place on them.

King James
05-10-2011, 07:27 AM
on the top bar (on my mac) if you click on advanced, there is a get track name and get album artwork option. The artwork one works fairly well but wont catch everything, and I've never tested the track name.

A quick search found a program called Rinse (http://www.rinsemymusic.com/) which has a trial for 50 songs, but then you have to pay for it

Apoco
05-10-2011, 07:39 AM
MusicBrainz is what I've used in the past. Seems to be pretty hit or miss, but it is free. I can't remember if it does artwork or not, though.
Posted via Mobile Device

LasciviousXXX
05-10-2011, 08:19 AM
This is a couple years old but I'm sure its still relatively valid

Lifehacker Linky (http://lifehacker.com/5266613/six-best-mp3-tagging-tools)

I'm very anal about my ID3 tags, album art and release info as well so I always go through it meticulously right when I download or burn the music. It makes it much easier this way as I currently have over 29,500 songs so doing it in one fell swoop would be difficult and tedious.

jjirons69
05-12-2011, 11:25 AM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/jjirons69/bump.gif

Thanks to you guys so far. Anyone else used any of these softwares? If possible I'd like to know some specifics before trying them. I'll continue the manual route but would like a shortcut if reliable and won't screw with all the work I've already done..

Chainsaw13
05-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I've used MediaMonkey in the past to update my tags. You can select which items you want to update in the tag, plus where it pulls the data (Amazon being the default).

MurphysLaw
05-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I use TuneUp it does an automatic search to clean up missing album titles and artwork, the free trial lets you do about 50 tracks to try it out.

simplechords
05-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I use TuneUp it does an automatic search to clean up missing album titles and artwork, the free trial lets you do about 50 tracks to try it out.

I use Tuneup as well, and it is wonderfull. ( i'd still back up your music prior to using it)

kelmac07
05-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I did this with over 30,000 songs...took me like 4 months. I'm anal like that too. :D Google images worked like a champ.

GWN
05-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Dougscripts.com

RBOrrell
05-19-2011, 11:46 AM
MP3Tag is something that I use. It's free

kickerb
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
MP3Tag is something that I use. It's freeTHIS. Mp3Tag is great and free. But this isn't going to auto tag your songs (unless they have made serious upgrades in the software since I last downloaded it). I use this to batch convert tags. It has features where you can use the music tag to rename the file. Or you can use the file name to re-work the tags. It can be REALLY complex to format the way you want. It will however find the album art for you. The main source comes from Amazon, which is normally 500x500 res size. I use this software everyday. If you need some help, feel free to ask.

This software offers so much, there isn't much that it cannot accomplish. You just have to know how :tu

jjirons69
05-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks guys, I'll check into a couple of these.

jjirons69
06-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Finished up #6738 - "Down" by 311. All manual - if you want it done right... All songs have name, artist, album artist, album by artist, genre, and album art. I would love to have the year for each song, but I don't know if I have it in me. Damn glad it's all backed up with the external! I've got some pretty cool music, a great blend from the early sixties onward. I can put a place and time to a lot of them during my school and college years. Pretty neat what the brain is capable of remembering and associating, right down to specific happenings.

jjirons69
06-20-2011, 08:56 PM
"Heartbreaker" - Nantucket - 1978 - Spending my summer in Surfside Beach at the arcade (located on the Surfside pier). Jukebox always cranked out great tunes. It's in my collection with the 'lobster boy' album art. I can go back at any time...

LINKY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXvFX_XDpRw) for those curious