PDA

View Full Version : FreeCreditReport Commercials

gettysburgfreak
11-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Does anyone else want to break the TV when these ads come on? I think out of any commercial on TV, I hate these the most. I can't stand that idiot and those annoying songs. Ok rant over

Starscream
11-20-2008, 10:49 AM
I like these commercials. Annoying but catchy.

f-r-e-e that spells free, credit report.com baby!

cigars_n_scotch
11-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Want to know an interesting fun-fact about the guy on those commercials?

He's lip synching them. He doesn't even speak english, he's French Canadien.

I myself cannot stand these Geico commercials anymore, either with those stupid cavemen or the "actors" segments they put together.

elderboy02
11-20-2008, 11:09 AM
I like these commercials. Annoying but catchy.

f-r-e-e that spells free, credit report.com baby!

:tpd:

hotreds
11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Of course, if you read the fine print you'll find out that you have to join their service to get your "free" credit report!

taltos
11-20-2008, 01:18 PM
I also find the Geico commercials more annoying. I would like to feed that freaking lizard to my cat.:pn

ucla695
11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
I also find the Geico commercials more annoying. I would like to feed that freaking lizard to my cat.:pn

:tpd: I don’t mind the FreeCreditReport commercials, but the Geico ones kill me. I never thought they were funny and they just get more and more annoying.

Gophernut
11-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Both I find very irritating. The commercial that I can't stand right now is the "Saved by Zero" commercial from Toyota. Never liked the song, and it seems to be on 250,000 times a day.

piperman
11-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I dont like either one, but i do like the Sony HD Tv one with Payton and the chicken.

zmancbr
11-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah I pretty much wanna rip his head off and feed it to him! :D

icehog3
11-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Simmer down now. ;)

Whee
11-20-2008, 04:53 PM
My daughters love annoying me with the rap version one.

My favorite is the first one, the pirates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3oNNgM6P7E

Click if you dare...:D

Starscream
11-20-2008, 06:49 PM
I love the cavemen. So easy, even a caveman can do it! I also like the Warren Wallace commercials (Geico).

SvilleKid
11-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I actually find these insulting, and point out that he attitude that all of live and enjoyment of live can be boiled down to one single credit score number. "Like, babe, if I hadda known your credit score was so low, I wouldn't even bedded you, much less married you! Love and happiness, who cares babe. I'm in this for the credit score. GTFO of my bed, house and life, you lowlife credit scum!!!"

The automatic credit approval/turndown model initiated by the credit card companies, that then has flowed over to ALL lending decisions can be traced back as one of the big negatives over the last 25 years that has resulted in NO reliance on trustworthiness and character, and is one of the BIG contributing factors to the real estate debacle we are in that is fueling the economic collapse.

Of course, as pointed out above, these commercials are NOT about your credit score. They are ONLY about you spending money to join their website. Doesn't tell anybody that joining their site will not magically turn a lousy score into a better score. Just will add another $20 dollars to their bottom line!

Sorry for the heavy rant, but this hits close to home for me and my business, so I have long studied the effects the "one magic number" concept has and is having on financing trends.

Maybe when his employer discovers his poor credit score, he will be fired, and I can nab his job as a fish monger!!!!

MadAl
11-21-2008, 01:51 PM
The commercial that I can't stand right now is the "Saved by Zero" commercial from Toyota. Never liked the song, and it seems to be on 250,000 times a day.

Amen brother, if I even tolerated that song before, it's a station-changer now!

macpappy
11-21-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm sure there are others in the advertising industry that would agree with me, the annoying commercials are considered successful because they get people talking about the commercials and you can't mention the commercials without mentioning the name of the company being advertised. That creates brand name recognition. That sells their products. You may not say, "Hey, I'm going to buy Geico because you like the lizard", but if you start looking for new auto insurance you will check Geico because the name is stuck in your head.

SvilleKid
11-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm sure there are others in the advertising industry that would agree with me, the annoying commercials are considered successful because they get people talking about the commercials and you can't mention the commercials without mentioning the name of the company being advertised. That creates brand name recognition. That sells their products. You may not say, "Hey, I'm going to buy Geico because you like the lizard", but if you start looking for new auto insurance you will check Geico because the name is stuck in your head.

I'm actually one of those that advertiser's hate, because if an advertisement annoys me enough I WILL remember it, and that memory will NOT spark a desire to purchase that product. Quite the opposite effect, in fact.

You are correct in that successful advertising does result in successful sales of the product. Advertising that has people talking negatively and does not result in product sales isn't successful.

Starscream
11-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm actually one of those that advertiser's hate, because if an advertisement annoys me enough I WILL remember it, and that memory will NOT spark a desire to purchase that product. Quite the opposite effect, in fact.

You are correct in that successful advertising does result in successful sales of the product. Advertising that has people talking negatively and does not result in product sales isn't successful.
Head-On, Apply directly to the forehead.

:hn:hn

Whee
11-21-2008, 05:50 PM

:hn:hn

bastage...:D

SonsofClubDeck
11-21-2008, 07:21 PM
They are starting to lose a bit of relevance. "Gas prices soaring up sky high."

I paid $1.70 today. Less than I paid for my first tank of gas when I turned 16.

Starscream
11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
They are starting to lose a bit of relevance. "Gas prices soaring up sky high."

I paid $1.70 today. Less than I paid for my first tank of gas when I turned 16.

Wow. I paid $1.05 when I turned 16. There were places that still had it for $0.99 when I was that age if you looked hard enough.

macpappy
11-22-2008, 06:06 AM

There is no doubt that some people don't buy a product because of an annoying ad that sticks in their mind. However what ad agencies have found over the years is just the opposite - the annoying ads do work. Look at it this way, if the annoying ads didn't work then sales of the product would be stagnate or decline. The ad agency would then lose the account if the ads didn't work. The "trend" would then be to get away from the annoying type ads.

And, of course, there is always the fact that what is annoying to you and me may not be annoying to a majority of the intended audience. And, you and I are probably smart enough to not make purchases based on what we see on TV.

14holestogie
11-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Wow. I paid $1.05 when I turned 16. There were places that still had it for $0.99 when I was that age if you looked hard enough.

Oh, crap.... I remember filling up an empty VW bug when I first turned 17 for about $2 ($.23 a gallon). I am soooooo old.

SmokinAFuente
11-22-2008, 08:43 AM
My kid likes to watch the Free Credit Report Commercials on YouTube. lol

funnymantrip
11-26-2008, 07:53 PM
The worst commercial out now is the guitar hero/risky buisness spoof.. You here the music and you are playing Russian Roulette with what comes next. Atheletes in their underware for the loss, or Heidi Klum for the big win.