PDA

View Full Version : Thor movie

Humpdebump
05-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Went to see the new Thor movie over the weekend. I'm not going to put in any spoilers in case some of you guys might see it. I thought it was a pretty good movie, I was worried that it might be a little cheesy but I didn't think so at all. I thought the acting was good and the special effects were pretty cool. Will probably bring my son to see, I wanted to see it first to make sure it would be ok for him, and I'm sire he will enjoy it. In all, I like what they are doing with the Avengers and look forward to Captain America.

massphatness
05-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Saw it on Friday and was likewise fairly impressed. I had the bar set pretty low on this one but think they did a GREAT job of mixing in just the right amount of humor to make the whole thing pretty enjoyable.
Posted via Mobile Device

LasciviousXXX
05-08-2011, 08:38 AM
The cheese factor is what keeps me away from this movie. That and that fact that Anthony Hopkins is not what I consider to be a believable or realistic Odin. However, Natalie Portman is in it and I freakin' love her. Is it worth biting the bullet to go see this just for her?

Humpdebump
05-08-2011, 11:50 AM
The cheese factor is what keeps me away from this movie. That and that fact that Anthony Hopkins is not what I consider to be a believable or realistic Odin. However, Natalie Portman is in it and I freakin' love her. Is it worth biting the bullet to go see this just for her?

Anthony Hopkins wasn't too bad. Natalie Portman was probably in the movie for around 30% or so. I wouldn't go just to see her but it wasn't too cheesy either. I'll bring my son to see it and won't mind seeing it again if that helps.

Skywalker
05-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Agreed, wasn't too cheesy!

There were parts where it could have gone off track but they put in a good dose of humor and action to keep the audience's attention!

shilala
05-12-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm excited about seeing it, but I'll probably wait until it's on DVD. I'm not sure the wife will dig it. Captain America, I'll be front and center and she can snore through the whole thing. :D

JE3146
05-13-2011, 12:43 AM
I thought it was a half decent flick though I went in with extremely low expectations.

Make sure to stay after the credits roll ;)