PDA

View Full Version : Spaghetti w/ Tuna

Christiel49
05-04-2011, 10:26 AM
THis is my go-to quick dinner! LOVE IT & my baby loves it

1 can Albacore Tuna_drained
Sliced garlic_ your taste
Crushed red pepper_ your taste
2 cans Diced tomatoes w olive oil & garlic (hunts or delmonte)

spaghetti of choice_ I like a sturdy pasta to hold the sauce

Brown sliced garlic & pepper(DO NOT BURN) in a tad of Olive Oil. Add cans of tomatoes and 1 can of water. Bring to a boil to reduce the liquid about 10 min, then reduce to a simmer. While the sauce is cooking boil your noodles & drain until sauce is ready. I usually use a potato masher to smash the tomatoes up for more of a sauce texture. Your choice. Now I add the Tuna and mix with the sauce. You don't need to cook long, or you can cook long. Personal preference.

Spoon on top of the pasta & enjoy. Oh, top with fresh grated romano cheese!

I know it sounds weird, but it is OH SO GOOD!!!!!! Just give it a try!

TBone
05-04-2011, 11:22 AM
I like Albacore and I like spaghetti but together...thanks but I don't think so

N2 GOLD
05-04-2011, 11:24 AM
If that's what works for you, go with it... -(P

shilala
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
It sounds delicious.
I used to used canned venison where you use tuna. Canned venison tastes, smells, and has the same texture as tuna, as far as I'm concerned.
I'll put anything in spaghetti, and haven't found anything I don't like yet. I'll show this to the boss and hopefully we can give it a try REAL soon.
Thank You, Christine!!! :tu

pektel
05-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Canned venison? Weird...

T.G
05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Sounds good to me - I'd add some anchovies and red pepper, but that's just my tastes.

Bunker
05-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Canned venison? Weird...

I went to Penn State and married a Pittsburgh girl - believe me they are all weird out there. :D

shilala
05-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Canned venison? Weird...
Yup. It's delicious. You throw a jar in your lunch bucket and eat it with hot pepper mix you canned from the garden. It's heavenly.

BC-Axeman
05-04-2011, 12:49 PM
:tu
I have a very similar recipe. It's delicious. Canned clams works instead of tuna also.

Christiel49
05-04-2011, 01:16 PM
:tu
I have a very similar recipe. It's delicious. Canned clams works instead of tuna also.

I'll have to try the clams!!

Actually it doesn't have a very strong Tuna smell.

pektel
05-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I went to Penn State and married a Pittsburgh girl - believe me they are all weird out there. :D
:r

Yup. It's delicious. You throw a jar in your lunch bucket and eat it with hot pepper mix you canned from the garden. It's heavenly.

So this is purchased from a supermarket? Or are you referring to "canned" and in the Kerr glass jar canning stuff people do at home with a pressure cooker? I've just never heard of mass producing venison products before. I eat a lot of venison, but its... well... local. Like, from my backyard during hunting opener :D

kelmac07
05-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I cannot eat tuna. :pu

pektel
05-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Tuna hotdish is a staple at my place. Cook 2 cups of elbow macaroni, drain, add 1 can Cream of Mushroom, half can of milk, and one can of tuna (drained). Easy, filling, and the kid likes it too.

Christiel49
05-04-2011, 01:42 PM
I cannot eat tuna. :pu

I hate to hear that Mac! ;s

Were you tortured as a small child by horrible tunna casserole :r

mmblz
05-04-2011, 02:20 PM
You do realize you posted this under "good eats", don't you? YOu may want to take a closer look at other forums we have here...

:r

I like pasta. I like tuna melts. But tuna pasta..... :pu

Blindjimme
05-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Tuna hotdish is a staple at my place. Cook 2 cups of elbow macaroni, drain, add 1 can Cream of Mushroom, half can of milk, and one can of tuna (drained). Easy, filling, and the kid likes it too.

Next time use a box of mac & cheese instead of plain elbows and add a can of whole kernel corn. Broke man's cassarole :tu

pektel
05-04-2011, 02:38 PM
I've done that too, but with green peas. Funny how some of the college staples stick around :D

OLS
05-04-2011, 02:38 PM
I think sumpthin happened to your pasketti.....it turned green.

kelmac07
05-04-2011, 07:04 PM
I hate to hear that Mac! ;s

Were you tortured as a small child by horrible tunna casserole :r

Christine...you hit the nail right on the head!! A HORRID tuna casserole at a young age left a very lasting impression on me. :sh

Christiel49
05-04-2011, 08:21 PM
I totally feel your pain Mac!!! To this day I can not eat salmon.....thanks to my moms horrid salmon patties :-(

Brad, that is veggie spinach pasta!!

This is good eats! To each his own. I just want to share the love
Posted via Mobile Device

OLS
05-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Yep, BayRatt shared his "Smoked Oyster Casserole" like it was something OTHER than
a can of smoked oysters turned out over...hangon, lemme look....fritos and cheese! :r
I was like, wtf? Of course I love all those things so maybe I need to get a few cans
today at Biglahts. But I was thinking, good eats?? Really??? But he lives on the coast,
so whaddryagunna do?

But Chris, I DO KNOW that sauteeing ANYTHING makes it a real recipe, and REDUCING
anything over heat makes it cooking also, so I was not capping on your dish, just your
green spags. :r OH, and your tiny pic.

Christiel49
05-05-2011, 07:52 AM
oh, my tiny pic! I still can not figure out how to put it in the post!!! Maybe I need some assistance?

pektel
05-05-2011, 08:29 AM
1. upload photo to photobucket
2. copy "IMG" code
3. paste "IMG" code into your post.

Instead of the code appearing in your post, the picture will. :)

OLS
05-05-2011, 08:45 AM
No, I mean you can still do it the Cigar Asylum route, I do almost all my pic posting that way, although I recently
did use Photobucket for one. I was just saying the photo you posted was also small. Taint no sin in that or
anything, though....carry on.

T.G
05-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Yep, BayRatt shared his "Smoked Oyster Casserole" like it was something OTHER than
a can of smoked oysters turned out over...hangon, lemme look....fritos and cheese! :r
I was like, wtf? Of course I love all those things so maybe I need to get a few cans
today at Biglahts. But I was thinking, good eats?? Really??? But he lives on the coast,
so whaddryagunna do?

But Chris, I DO KNOW that sauteeing ANYTHING makes it a real recipe, and REDUCING
anything over heat makes it cooking also, so I was not capping on your dish, just your
green spags. :r OH, and your tiny pic.

:r:r:r