PDA

View Full Version : Escudo Label Change

Mister Moo
11-20-2008, 05:56 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/14aai5c.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/8wb0d5.jpg

You saw it here second. New label and old label. On the frontside label I notice the label is not centered (never noticed this happen before) and the copy on the back speaks for itself.

I bought out the entire stock of Dunhill pipe tobak at JR/Selma, NC, yesterday. All one can of Escudo. The counterlady said they can no longer get any Dunhill pipe tobaccos and, she said, they have been told it is no longer available and will no longer be sold at JR.

Slow Triathlete
11-20-2008, 07:40 AM
I also have an older one that the whole lid is painted white, instead of a sticker. It's from about 4 years ago.

Dgar
11-20-2008, 11:12 AM
The "new" one must be a fake, the labels shoud never be off center like that, its a dead give away.... oh sorry I thought this was the Habanos section...

I'm still a newbie to pipe tobaccos, but Escudo is on my list to try......... I've heard good things, must try it.

Slow Triathlete
11-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Do it Dgar!!! I believe that Escudo is in most pipe smoker's top 10.

Mister Moo
11-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Tempest in a teapot? While there has been ashortage of Escudo, the stuff inside the tin with the new label looks, smells and smokes like... Escudo.
I smoked a bowl this morning and there was nothing unusual about it.

drevim
11-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Tempest in a teapot? While there has been ashortage of Escudo, the stuff inside the tin with the new label looks, smells and smokes like... Escudo.
I smoked a bowl this morning and there was nothing unusual about it.

Good to hear, since some of us don't have a 50 tin stash to fall back on....:dr

Jimmy Robusto
11-27-2008, 09:19 AM
The only change is the distributor, thus the label change. These labels, written in English, are specifically for the American market and are printed in agreement with and using specifications from the distributor. A tin of Escudo sold in Germany will have a different label, front will look similar but will (of course) be in German. This is also why there was a shortage for a spell, the gap in supply between the old distributor ceasing business with this product and the new one initiating distribution of it. FWIW, Stokkebye is a good reliable pipe-smoker oriented operator. I believe Lane Ltd was absorbed by a conglomerate.