PDA

View Full Version : 1st Un-smokeable

kickerb
05-03-2011, 05:55 PM
So I lit up a Tatuaje Havana VI today. The draw was down right terrible! I have never had an un-smokeable cigar till today. I'm not happy about it, I was really looking forward to this smoke. This was my first Havana, is this a common problem or a fluke?

Thanks.... :confused:

N2 GOLD
05-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Bummer... :hm

Eleven
05-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I had one yesterday, it had been sitting for quite a while. It was tight, but smoke-able.

Zeuceone
05-03-2011, 06:04 PM
I've 2 out of 3 tats that where unsmokeable so far.

kickerb
05-03-2011, 06:05 PM
yeah, i dont mind a draw with some resistance, but this was like sucking a watermelon through a coffee straw.

kickerb
05-03-2011, 06:06 PM
G, thats not good news. i have a few more of these to smoke...

pnoon
05-03-2011, 06:09 PM
It's a hand made product. It happens.
It also could be partially due to storage conditions.

You could carry and use a draw tool if it bothers you.
:2

kickerb
05-03-2011, 06:11 PM
yeah, i need to pick one up.

this was a Victorias shape, to me a draw tool could have ripped the cigar open

kelmac07
05-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Bryan...it happens brother!!

enlightenedcigar
05-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I have smoked a lot of the Victorias size without any problems. Might try those. I also think that they are the best size for the blend.

emopunker2004
05-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I smoked one Tat Havana VI don't remember the vitola but i enjoyed it.
That sucks B. Maybe I should pick some up and bomb you with em....

kickerb
05-03-2011, 06:20 PM
yeah, i know it happens, just the first for me.

Starscream
05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
So I lit up a Tatuaje Havana VI today. The draw was down right terrible! I have never had an un-smokeable cigar till today. I'm not happy about it, I was really looking forward to this smoke. This was my first Havana, is this a common problem or a fluke?

That's one of the negative things about cigars. Sometimes there's a rotten apple in the bunch. Don't give up on Tats though. Try another. There's too many good things about this brand to write them off over just one smoke.

kickerb
05-03-2011, 06:22 PM
oh yeah, i have no intention to stop smoking em, i have a few more havanas ill torch soon. give it another go.

Bill86
05-03-2011, 06:26 PM
I had the same problem with the same cigar.

Like Pnoon said it's handmade.

You'll probably have many more unsmokables throughout the years. It happens.

biggbob
05-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Ive gone thru more than a box of these in the last month or so and every one drawed (drew? drawed? whats the rightword?) great. But then again, ive been told that when it comes to sucking, I am among the best, so carpe diem.

T.G
05-04-2011, 10:33 AM

It's a hand made product. It happens.
It also could be partially due to storage conditions.

You could carry and use a draw tool if it bothers you.
:2

Peter is wise.

Just want to add that Pepin's rollers and QC team are pretty good and as such, plugged cigars from his factories are rare, but they do happen - assuming that it was a fault of theirs.

RatherUneek
05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Surprising to hear. This was the onne of my first great smokes. Got my wanting to try all the Pepin stuff. This has not been the regular case for me with this stick. Sorry to hear about your experience.

shilala
05-04-2011, 11:27 AM
yeah, i need to pick one up.

this was a Victorias shape, to me a draw tool could have ripped the cigar open
That's a little bitty ring. Try some bigger stuff. In my experience, I'm gonna have more trouble with the real skinny stuff. That's a bummer, cause I like a small ring guage cigar, but I don't mind going up a couple rings if it's going to help. :tu

kafreeman
05-06-2011, 08:18 AM
I have smoked a lot of the Victorias size without any problems. Might try those. I also think that they are the best size for the blend.

I agree!!!!

The rest are OK... id rather spend my money on something else. But the victorias is tits!