PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight Insanity style with Kirk

kgoings
05-03-2011, 01:27 PM
:r We shall see how long this lasts! I need to lose weight and get a bit more healthy...may cholesterol is around 300 but my blood pressure is 109/67. I am currently weighing right at 205lbs (5'8"). I started Insanity on Sunday....wow! I did P90X but it didn't last, I just didn't like it. I like Insanity much more. No weights no nothing just workout. Need the Asylums help to keep me going! I will post my weight at the end of each week. Need to get my Cholesterol down and doc says the majority of it he thinks is my weight.

This is me now :su

:r

Gophernut
05-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Good luck Kirk. I recently have lost 40 pounds, and my wife and I just started training to run in our first 5K in June. My blood pressure is down, by diabetes is under control, and I haven't needed to take as much acid reflux meds as I used to! It's definitely worth it!

Chainsaw13
05-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Good luck with the weight loss Kirk. I'm going through my own journey so I know the pain.

Sled Dog
05-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Keep with it, the reward is worth the struggle. I was 224 on 3/27, this morning, 207. Good luck, it enhances every part of your life!

kgoings
05-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Keep with it, the reward is worth the struggle. I was 224 on 3/27, this morning, 207. Good luck, it enhances every part of your life!

Are you doing insanity?? Or just dieting?

Adriftpanda
05-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Good luck with this, Kirk.

My program should be arriving any day now, it could even be in the mail. My girl and I are going to do it. I'm really excited for this at the same time scared.

maninblack
05-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Best of luck Kirk!!

Eleven
05-03-2011, 02:14 PM
My wife does Insanity, I am still too out of shape to try that. I did however start using MyFitnessPal on my Droid to track my calorie intake and that alone has allowed me to drop almost 15lbs in less than 2 months.

I'm still not ready for Insanity, but I am starting the Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training on the recommendation of a fellow Hockey Dad.

Good luck to you!

MurphysLaw
05-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Good luck...I've been thinking about re-starting Insanity, I made it about a month in before life knocked me down a peg, guess I need a little kick in the pants to get moving again

Sled Dog
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Are you doing insanity?? Or just dieting?

The past month I was doing P90, but Insanity is a great program that looks like it will deliver. It was more or less just encouragement to stay on the program, interval training kicks your butt, but it really works.

kgoings
05-03-2011, 03:00 PM
The past month I was doing P90, but Insanity is a great program that looks like it will deliver. It was more or less just encouragement to stay on the program, interval training kicks your butt, but it really works.

Are you doing the Nutritional portion or just the workouts??

smelvis
05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Good Luck
I lost right at 50 lbs lately and still have a few to go, I am now going by belt and how the cloths fit and not so much the scale. keep it up!!

Dave

shilala
05-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Kirk, we have a weight losing thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6070)that's a couple years old.
Everyone checks in pretty regular and it's a lot of help. Main thing is we stick to it and there's always support. Stop by, man. :tu

TBone
05-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Well I've gained about 30 pounds lately due to new medicine I'm on so if anyone of you want it back don't hesitate to ask for it...good luck in your desired programs.

kaisersozei
05-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Kirk, good luck with Shaun T! I finished up 60 days in February and I'm now on Week 5 of a P90x/Insanity hybrid. Hit me up if you have any questions or want to talk--it's rigorous, but it definitely delivers huge gains in cardiac health. Didn't lose much weight, but my resting HR hasn't been this low since high school track 30 years ago. :ze

kgoings
05-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Day three, I am really sore but I did it. I am going Golfing Friday with 14holestogie...hopefully I can move enough to swing the club! :r

Remo
05-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Good luck Kirk :tu getting healthier is always a good thing, stick with it!!

kgoings
05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Another day! Today was 'recovery day' RIIIIGHT mostly Yoga...that crap is hard!

I've been eating better, last night I went to Applebees and tried the guilt free menu, VERY good! And tonight I tried Taco Bells's diet menu..the Tacos were very good the burrito is filled with lettuce and tomato and not enough meat...all you tasted was tomato. Another friend at work is dieting too so we are going around trying the diet menus

hammondc
05-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Yep. Recovery is almost as hard. I have been doing it for about 6 months now. It WILL get easier. Just stay with it and do not skip days. You won't believe how much progress you will lose if you skip a day. Stage 2 is really where the craziness starts.

The upper body weights workout is great too, if yours came with it.

kgoings
05-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Yup it came with the upper body.

Pure Cardio this morning...phfew! I got up early to do my workout so I could go golfing with 14holestogie. Made for a short night since I get home from work at midnight

nofeardiver
05-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Kirk, good luck bro, i have always said that it is 90% diet, and 10% exercise, weather its wrong or right attitude i dont know, but i have lost 112 lbs since July 2010, by changing my entire lifestyle and eating better, i was jogging there for a couple of those months, but my knee was bothering me so i stopped to give it a break... Its all in your attitude, i was allways the lazy fat kid, now i am on my way to a healthier me... And i will tell you this i went on off my blood pressure and cholesterol meds, and my blood sugar is perfect, all after losing the first 40 lbs... it feels good not to have to take pills anymore... Good luck bro its tuff making the right decisions at the table, trust me, you see someone eating that slice of pizza and you have salad, but think they will be in the same boat not too long after eating that... I have one cheat meal a week where i eat something i have been craving, but i dont go over board either, i may have one slice of that pizza not the whole pizza like i use too... Again Good Luck

Here are my progress pics

Before
http://photos1.mfpassets.com/images/photos/210/934/210934_3715.jpg

Last week

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2011/04/26/11343631/profilepic/1kQsVUXDtUCexqdjJgC4phT204PgG998.jpeg

Gophernut
05-06-2011, 09:05 AM
That's some good work there Dan! Must feel wonderful. I just hit the 40lb mark this morning!

Christiel49
05-06-2011, 09:23 AM
OK Kirk..... I have decided to start my P90X again. THIS MONDAY AM. I think I am gonna do the lean, cause I do not need to add any additional muscle mass. Last time I put on entirely too much bulk.

I am doing it for the cardio and lean/long muscles. Maybe we can motivate eachother:)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

hammondc
05-06-2011, 12:31 PM
I just did Max Cardio Conditioning. Not fun. At all.

kgoings
05-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Just did Plyometrics Cardio Circuit. I am starting to sweat much sooner and much more...does that mean my body is getting 'into the workout mode' rather than storing energy?? I noticed the first couple workouts I saw the people on TV sweating up a storm and I wasnt really...now I am.

I think I am going to goto the store and get a heart monitor.

Gonna weigh in on Wed, see how I am doing.

sofaman
05-08-2011, 07:46 AM
I am in phase 3 of p90x and for my next round I am going to do a p90x/Insanity hybrid cant wait to do Insanity workouts to get my cardio whare it needs to be. The best advice I could give you is to get your nutrician worked out and eat as clean a possiable and track everything you eat with tap-track or myfitnesspal

hammondc
05-10-2011, 06:38 AM
I..... track everything you eat with tap-track or myfitnesspal

i am going to check these out.

kaisersozei
05-10-2011, 07:15 AM
I think I am going to goto the store and get a heart monitor.

I highly recommend this, especially for Insanity, it's another good way to track your progress and it just keeps you safe. I was surprised that I hit my max HR for the session during the warm-up.

kgoings
05-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Still havent gotten a heart monitor, but I am pretty sure I am near max HR at the end of Warmup too :r

Still doing it, almost mid way through week 2. I can see improvements in how long I can make it or how much I can do...and I am not as sore anymore. But I feel like my hamstrings never recover. When ever they do power squats or something like that...my hammy's are like "Yea RIGHT!'

Feeling good, but dont feel like I have lost much weight. :(

nofeardiver
05-10-2011, 03:21 PM
That's some good work there Dan! Must feel wonderful. I just hit the 40lb mark this morning!

I feel like a totally different person, more energy, better sleep, just all around great, and awesome that i dont have to take meds anymore, that is the best part...

kgoings
05-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Weighed in this morning at 196.2, a bit disappointed but I'll stick with it.

nofeardiver
05-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Weighed in this morning at 196.2, a bit disappointed but I'll stick with it.

I know the feeling, but the scale isnt everything bro, use a mesuring tape, its the best way and take before pictures aswell just for yourself so you can see the changes... i still have a hard time believing i lost that much weight until i see my before pics... Good luck

DennisP
05-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Kirk - how's it going?

I just finished Day 3. Man, I need to take a ton more breaks than them. I usually get to about halfway through and I start dieing. I'm hoping as long as I keep at it my cardio will improve and I can get into it. After the first day I almost puked all over I was so winded from the fit test.

Starscream
05-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Stay with it, Dennis. Good luck.:tu

kgoings
05-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Kirk - how's it going?

I just finished Day 3. Man, I need to take a ton more breaks than them. I usually get to about halfway through and I start dieing. I'm hoping as long as I keep at it my cardio will improve and I can get into it. After the first day I almost puked all over I was so winded from the fit test.

Still going, it gets better. I am in week 3 and I still take more breaks than they do..especially at the end. :r

kaisersozei
05-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Kirk - how's it going?

It gets better. Sort of. You'll see big improvements by the second fit test.

And then you start with the max interval routines :bh

Stick with it! Good luck!

kgoings
05-17-2011, 01:15 PM
I am able to do more now, but I am still not able to finish everything they do in each session. By the end of the workouts my legs are done.

I am starting over in week 3 (doing Week1 Week2 then starting over). I am using the first two weeks as a break in period and now I am starting at the begining and going all the way through.

DennisP
05-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I am able to do more now, but I am still not able to finish everything they do in each session. By the end of the workouts my legs are done.

I am starting over in week 3 (doing Week1 Week2 then starting over). I am using the first two weeks as a break in period and now I am starting at the begining and going all the way through.

Probably not a bad idea. But, remember, even the people in the vids need extra breaks. I need way more than them, but hopefully I can catch up somewhat.

Today was cardio recovery, I nice change of pace.

kgoings
05-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Probably not a bad idea. But, remember, even the people in the vids need extra breaks. I need way more than them, but hopefully I can catch up somewhat.

Today was cardio recovery, I nice change of pace.

True True.

One thing I don't like, the warm up and the stretches are the same EVERY day. Ugh that gets old real real quick. At least in P90X there were different warmups and stretches every day.

Jog, Jumping Jacks (I always laugh when he says jack it out :r) Heisman, 3 step Heisman, Butt kicks, High Knees, and Mummy Kicks

kgoings
05-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Still going! 193 today. I can feel the difference in my clothes. I'm excited about both my weight loss and my working out.

sofaman
05-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Still going! 193 today. I can feel the difference in my clothes. I'm excited about both my weight loss and my working out.

Keep pushing brother:tu I am at the end of week 11 of P90X and my next round is going to be a Hybrid of Insanity/P90X

kaisersozei
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Another tip: pace yourself during the workout. I used to start out going balls to the wall, and by the time the third interval came around, I'd be spent. Including the warm-up. I was trying to keep up with the people in the video until I realized they were all about 20 years younger. :r

So during the interval days, I typically start out slow/moderate for set 1, go a bit faster in set 2 but still able to breathe (say, 70% effort), then go all out in the final set. This is easier to measure with a HR monitor, you can track how you're doing in the middle of each set--I'll typically hit something like 125, 140, 160.

DennisP
05-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Another tip: pace yourself during the workout. I used to start out going balls to the wall, and by the time the third interval came around, I'd be spent. Including the warm-up. I was trying to keep up with the people in the video until I realized they were all about 20 years younger. :r

So during the interval days, I typically start out slow/moderate for set 1, go a bit faster in set 2 but still able to breathe (say, 70% effort), then go all out in the final set. This is easier to measure with a HR monitor, you can track how you're doing in the middle of each set--I'll typically hit something like 125, 140, 160.

I'm trying to do this as well but haven't done a great job yet. On the third set of plyo cardio circuit today I was trying to push through but just couldn't. Those 4 pushups, run it in, jump up and back down is tiring. Then the exercises after that, I'm beat.

kgoings
05-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I did Cardio Recovery today..this one I think is kind of a waste. I think in the future I will use Cardio Recovery day's to go run 2.5 to 5 miles.

DennisP
05-19-2011, 01:34 PM
I did Cardio Recovery today..this one I think is kind of a waste. I think in the future I will use Cardio Recovery day's to go run 2.5 to 5 miles.

Yeah, a good day to sub other workouts. I liked it mainly to get a break. As long as you're doing something you're fine, but most people would just take the day off if their wasn't a DVD.

kgoings
05-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Pure Cardio day. Its an ass kicker...no rests.

kgoings
05-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Okay my weigh-in is today. I thought I would be the same or gain some but I still lost weight. I was bad last weekend, ate a Hamburger and Fries and a plate of Taco's. Today I weigh 190.8 slow and steady wins the race.

Today I was a slacker. I had to get up at 4:30AM for a work issue (I don't get home till past midnight) that lasted till 6AMish, and then I got back up at 9. I was completely shot. Today was supposed to be Plyo Cardio and tomorrow Cardio Recovery...so I did Cardio Recovery today and went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Tomorrow I will do the Plyo Cardio.

5/03 205
5/11 196.2
5/18 193
5/25 190.8

sofaman
05-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Okay my weigh-in is today. I thought I would be the same or gain some but I still lost weight. I was bad last weekend, ate a Hamburger and Fries and a plate of Taco's. Today I weigh 190.8 slow and steady wins the race.

Today I was a slacker. I had to get up at 4:30AM for a work issue (I don't get home till past midnight) that lasted till 6AMish, and then I got back up at 9. I was completely shot. Today was supposed to be Plyo Cardio and tomorrow Cardio Recovery...so I did Cardio Recovery today and went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Tomorrow I will do the Plyo Cardio.

5/03 205
5/11 196.2
5/18 193
5/25 190.8

15 lb in 3 weeks thats awsome :tu

kgoings
05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
15 lb in 3 weeks thats awsome :tu

I have really been watching what I eat too. I think its about 85% diet 15% exercise.

sofaman
05-25-2011, 02:56 PM
I have really been watching what I eat too. I think its about 85% diet 15% exercise.

Are you using Myfitnesspal of tap&trac ? I have been using MFP and I love it! It realy helps keep my 50% 30% 20% ratio in line

kgoings
05-25-2011, 02:56 PM
No I will have to check it out

sofaman
05-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Just download the app on your phone and enter everything you eat it makes things alot easyer.

DennisP
05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Just finished week 2. Haven't lost a pound yet, but don't care too much about weight as I'm pretty light. I do want to shed inches in the gut and improve my fitness though.

Looking forward to my fit test on Saturday to see if I have improvements. Still struggle once we really get going in most of the workouts.

kgoings
05-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Just finished week 2. Haven't lost a pound yet, but don't care too much about weight as I'm pretty light. I do want to shed inches in the gut and improve my fitness though.

Looking forward to my fit test on Saturday to see if I have improvements. Still struggle once we really get going in most of the workouts.

great job!

kgoings
05-28-2011, 04:29 PM
I didnt eat great last night, but I didnt eat terrible. I have 4 graduation parties to goto this weekend...gonna be tough.

Today was the first day of 'double workouts' in insanity. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs... wow. And then I went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Trying to do some more activity besides the insanity workouts.

kaisersozei
05-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I didnt eat great last night, but I didnt eat terrible. I have 4 graduation parties to goto this weekend...gonna be tough.

Today was the first day of 'double workouts' in insanity. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs... wow. And then I went on a 5 mile walk with my wife. Trying to do some more activity besides the insanity workouts.

I did that workout this morning, too!--it's my second recovery week in the P90X/Insanity hybrid.

Couple favorite ShaunT-isms in that workout: "Is anybody as nervous--as me--at what's about to come up?!" and "Shakita, are you feeling inSANE yet?! What? You wanna LEAVE?!!! Go sit down!" that one always cracks me up.:r

kgoings
05-28-2011, 04:56 PM
I did that workout this morning, too!--it's my second recovery week in the P90X/Insanity hybrid.

Couple favorite ShaunT-isms in that workout: "Is anybody as nervous--as me--at what's about to come up?!" and "Shakita, are you feeling inSANE yet?! What? You wanna LEAVE?!!! Go sit down!" that one always cracks me up.:r

How does the hybrid work? Is that something you made up or can you get a workout cal online?

sofaman
05-29-2011, 06:06 AM
How does the hybrid work? Is that something you made up or can you get a workout cal online?

There are alot of diffrent ways to do it but this is the one I am going to do next round :tu

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents/p90x_insanity_hybrid_workout_schedule.pdf

kaisersozei
05-29-2011, 06:55 AM
There are alot of diffrent ways to do it but this is the one I am going to do next round :tu

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents/p90x_insanity_hybrid_workout_schedule.pdf

That looks similar to the one I'm doing. I alternate cardio abs & ARX, and mine drops Legs & Back in weeks 9-12 subs in another Max Insanity workout instead. I noticed that this one drops yoga completely, I'm not sure why--that's still part of my hybrid 1x/week, although most weeks I only do the first 45 min and skip the balance postures & stretches (mostly to save time.) I can email the spreadsheet if you're interested.

After having done a few rounds of both P90x and Insanity separately over the past couple years, I like the results I'm getting from the hybrid the best.:wnr

sofaman
05-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Just finnished my first round of P90X saturday and now I cant wait to add some Insanity into my workouts!!!

kaisersozei
05-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Just finnished my first round of P90X saturday and now I cant wait to add some Insanity into my workouts!!!

Outstanding! :ze :tu

yourchoice
05-31-2011, 10:15 AM

That is freakin' fantastic!!!

And, WTG Kirk, keep up the good work and keep pushing play!

I've done two rounds of P90X now, and am very pleased with the results. I've lost about 60 lbs total. I didn't eat quite as well during my second round, but still lost some weight, but certainly not like the first time. Of course, I had a lot more to lose the first go around. ;)

Keep us posted on how things are going Kirk. :tu

shilala
05-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Absolutely outstanding, my brother.
I suppose chocolate cake and Blue Band O's in the shop are out forever. :r
I'm only a few steps behind you, chunk. Watch your back. :tu

kgoings
05-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Tough weekend, had four graduation parties and then a memorial day party. Hopefully I dont break the scale tomorrow!

hammondc
06-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Bout to rock out some Max Cardio Circuit......

Woohooo 900 Calorie Burns.

kgoings
06-01-2011, 10:04 AM
189 today, not bad considering my weekend and memorial day. I didnt think I would lose weight at all this week.

5/03 205
5/11 196.2
5/18 193
5/25 190.8
6/1 189

kaisersozei
06-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Looks like good steady progress, Kirk, congrats! If I'm not mistaken, you should be about to hit the max workout circuits so you'll see the pounds drop :ze Keep it up!

sofaman
06-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Keep up the great work Kirk!!!

kgoings
06-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Looks like good steady progress, Kirk, congrats! If I'm not mistaken, you should be about to hit the max workout circuits so you'll see the pounds drop :ze Keep it up!

My calendar says one more week of normal, then a recovery week, then the max stuff....I am scared of the max stuff.. :r

hammondc
06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
My calendar says one more week of normal, then a recovery week, then the max stuff....I am scared of the max stuff.. :r

Ha ha ha. Yeah...it is gonna shock you. Stick with it though.

DennisP
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM

No kidding. Tomorrow I finish week 3 and I still can't come close to completing the workouts. I do notice I'm recovering quicker and my cardio is better, but I suck at some things like moving pushups. I can't imagine how hard the max must be.

hammondc
06-02-2011, 08:12 AM
No kidding. Tomorrow I finish week 3 and I still can't come close to completing the workouts. I do notice I'm recovering quicker and my cardio is better, but I suck at some things like moving pushups. I can't imagine how hard the max must be.

I have been doing the program for about 9 months and cannot get through the workouts at 100%. They are designed like that. The moves in the 2nd phase are not really that much more difficult. You just have to do more of them for longer.

DennisP
06-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I have been doing the program for about 9 months and cannot get through the workouts at 100%. They are designed like that. The moves in the 2nd phase are not really that much more difficult. You just have to do more of them for longer.

Well, that's my problem, I can barely do them now. ;)

hammondc
06-06-2011, 08:16 AM
P90X Chest & Back yesterday
Max Interval Plyo in about 15 mins.

sofaman
06-06-2011, 05:50 PM
P90X Chest & Back yesterday
Max Interval Plyo in about 15 mins.

Bring it Chip!!! :tu

Tripple 7's
06-06-2011, 06:17 PM
So Kirk how's the Insanity thing working out for you? Two bad knees and a back that
all need surgery have me calorie counting with my DROID app but its working! All I need now is
a prescription from our family doctor for a box of Cohiba's a month and I'll be
in great shape in no time!

hammondc
06-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Bring it Chip!!! :tu

It's already been broughtent. Insanity Upper Body Weights today.

sofaman
06-07-2011, 08:36 AM
It's already been broughtent. Insanity Upper Body Weights today.

Awsome I cant wait to try that workout! :tu

hammondc
06-07-2011, 10:14 AM
It really is a great supplement to the P90X weights. Right now, my program is something like...

MO: Insanity Max Plyo Circuit
TU: P90X Chest & Back
WE: off/bike/6mile run...whatever I feel like
TH: Insanity Upper Body Weights
FR: Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning
SA: P90X Chest & Back
SU: Insanity Max Interval Circuit

On a lot of days I'll throw in either swimming or a run. Right now I am sorta training for a sprint Tri, so I am trying to get swimming in 3X a week. Usually Wed, Sat, Sun.

nofeardiver
06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
very nice dude, make sure you are taking progress photos, i regret not doing it along my journey...

Chainsaw13
06-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Have any of you invested in dumbells like the Bowflex SelectTech 552's? If so, any thoughts on them and are they better for doing the workouts?

hammondc
06-07-2011, 01:46 PM
very nice dude, make sure you are taking progress photos, i regret not doing it along my journey...

I am. Although, I did not have a lot to lose to start with. I was 5'7" and about 185. I have dropped to 175 since last august, but put on a good bit of muscle. I wish I had done some measurements. The pics really do not do justice. I want to drop another 5-10 lb and keep the muscle. I am looking for very lean.

kaisersozei
06-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Tuesday: Back & Biceps, Cardio Abs
Today: Max Interval Plyo, burned about 700 calories in 55 minutes and must have lost 4 pounds of water weight from the sweat!

:ze

sofaman
06-12-2011, 08:18 AM
How are things going Kirk???

hammondc
06-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Max Interval Plyo today. Probably some swimming tonight.

hammondc
06-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Max Cardio Conditioning today...

hammondc
06-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Max interval yesterday. Max Plyo this morning. Oh yeah.....

DIG DEEPER!

kaisersozei
06-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Started week 12 of my hybrid, Back & Biceps/CardioAbs this morning. Tomorrow will be my last Max Plyo of this routine :ze

So, I thought I'd fess up and let you guys know that after more than 2 years of "assistance free" Beachbody, I finally caved and sought pharmaceutical help ;) Got tired of fighting and fighting to drop the last 7-10 pounds or so that have taken up residence around my 48 year old midsection. Started a regimen of OxyelitePro 2 weeks ago. Never tried a thermogenic before. As Shaun T says, "This sh*t is bananas." Only doing 1 pill/day (label says max = 3) but have dropped 2 pounds each week, and I can see a difference in my waist already. It's really the only place on my body that stores fat, caliper test everywhere else usually reads <4-5 mm, and my total bodyfat is around 10-12%. Appetite is suppressed, I'm not eating as much but don't feel a loss of energy. Sweat like a bastard during my workouts though. Only other changes have been to up my water intake, and dropped all other caffeine products including my pre-workout shake. Revs your HR, and it does change your bathroom habits a bit... My plan is to stick with this for 6 weeks or so (just in time for the beach :noon) and see how much more effective it can be. Probably not for everyone, but so far it's working for me.

hammondc
06-21-2011, 08:35 AM
We have the same problem. I cannot drop the love handles. I am only 33, so I am not resorting to Rx yet. Just turning up the volume a bit. Quit drinking so much too.

sofaman
06-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Just finnished Plyo and I am soaked!!! I still have the lower ab pouch that needs to come off also I am not using thermogenics but I do use pre workouts
and have had great rusults with them I am abel to bring it alot harder :tu

hammondc
06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
What are you taking for preworkout?

kaisersozei
06-21-2011, 03:07 PM

For me: I took N.O. Xplode for a long time, until I found Body Rush by Force Factor. That is great stuff. :ze My stepson has been using Assault by MusclePharm for a few months, he really likes it.

hammondc
06-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I took NO Xplode once and felt like I was gong to die. I got very light headed.

sofaman
06-22-2011, 08:18 AM

I rotate a few diffrent ones so I dont build up a tolarance to any one of them but my favortes are 1MR,Nano Vapor and Hemo Rage :tu

sofaman
06-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Just did Pure Cardio for the first time and I am totaly drenched recovery drink never tasted so good!

kaisersozei
06-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Yoga X. So freaking long... I don't mind the routine itself, and can get through every pose & position except Crane. But, damn--90 minutes is a long time.

hammondc
06-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Max Interval Circuit. Oh yeah!!! Great workout today. Time for protein shake!!!!!!

sofaman
06-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Legs/Back and ARX for me today :tu

sofaman
06-25-2011, 04:24 AM
Plyo Cardio Circuit for me this morning!

hammondc
06-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Plyo Cardio Circuit for me this morning!

Dig deep! I love the plyo workout.

Sort of a cross train day for me. Working on my triathlon skills and doing a mini tri. 300M / 8M / 3M

hammondc
06-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Well that was fun.

Commander Quan
06-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Have any of you invested in dumbells like the Bowflex SelectTech 552's? If so, any thoughts on them and are they better for doing the workouts?

I know this was from a couple weeks ago, but i bought a set of PowerBlock 5.0 adjustable weights. They are not as bulky as the bowflex weights, and the only thing made of plastic is the handle block and it's a solid 5 pound hunk of plastic. Some people have an issue with the pins that are used to hold the weights in place, but I never had an issue with it slipping.

kaisersozei
06-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Max Interval Circuit = 1 hour @ 81% of Max HR = 800 calories burned.

81% of MHR for an hour?! Holy crap! :ze

sofaman
06-25-2011, 04:29 PM

WOW good job brother thats how you bring it!!! :tu

hammondc
06-25-2011, 04:50 PM

Ahhhhhhhhh! Feels amazing doesn't it? From phase 1... "I can't...believe....it's even possible"

kaisersozei
06-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Off day for me, start my final recovery week of the hybrid, and then fit test + measurements next Sunday.

And figuring out what to tackle next! Gotta take a break from Insanity cardio routines--been hitting it straight since January. Maybe just go for some P45x (half workouts ;) ) + moderate cardio over the next month before the beach.

sofaman
06-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Braught it to Plyo X this morning I am loving this Hybrid so far cant wait to get to the Insanity Max workouts:tu

hammondc
06-28-2011, 08:48 AM
I have Max Interval Plyo in just a few minutes. Oh yeahhhh!

sofaman
06-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Just finnished Shoulders/Arms and Cardio Abs

hammondc
06-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Max Cardio Circuit.

sofaman
06-30-2011, 04:11 AM
Its Pure Cardio day for me.

sofaman
07-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Just kick started my day with Plyo Cardio Circuit!!!

hammondc
07-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Off the wagon for a bout a week on vacation doing mostly runs everyday. I think I am going to switch gears until labor day and do 4 days weight training/light cardio and 2 days hard cardio (Max Interval or a 6 mile run). One day rest. I want to get a little more chest development.

kaisersozei
07-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Moved on to a different routine, started on Tuesday. For Father's Day, my daughter bought me an autographed copy of Tony Horton's new book. He's developed work out regimens depending on your ability: Beginner, Striver, Warrior. Of course, I opted for Warrior :ze :tu

The sequence is:
Cardio Day (kind of a mixture of Plyo + Kenpo + Insanity)
Resistance Day (fast paced, minimal rest full-body circuits x2)
Off
Cardio Day
Resistance Day
Yoga

Even as a P90X and Insanity grad, those first two workouts kicked my butt.

This oughta be good!

sofaman
07-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Moved on to a different routine, started on Tuesday. For Father's Day, my daughter bought me an autographed copy of Tony Horton's new book. He's developed work out regimens depending on your ability: Beginner, Striver, Warrior. Of course, I opted for Warrior :ze :tu

The sequence is:
Cardio Day (kind of a mixture of Plyo + Kenpo + Insanity)
Resistance Day (fast paced, minimal rest full-body circuits x2)
Off
Cardio Day
Resistance Day
Yoga

Even as a P90X and Insanity grad, those first two workouts kicked my butt.

This oughta be good!

Keep us posted on this it sounds very interisting :tu

sofaman
07-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Started off recovery week with Core/Cardio and Balance

hammondc
07-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Sunday - P90 Chest, Shoulder, Tri's
Monday - Insanity Max Interval Circuit
Today (tuesday) - Insanity Upper Body Weights

sofaman
07-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Today was Kempo X nice change of pace its been a while since I have done this one

hammondc
07-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Triathlon training 100m swim / 6Mi bike / 3 Mi run

hammondc
07-15-2011, 09:30 AM
P90X Chest and Back followed by 4 mile run today. Gonna be hot.

sofaman
07-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Today I am going to take some well needed REST before I hit the 2nd Phase Max Workouts this week!!!

hammondc
07-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Today I am going to take some well needed REST before I hit the 2nd Phase Max Workouts this week!!!

Oh yeahhh....you'll need it.

sofaman
07-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Kicked off Phase 2 this morning with Back/Bicep and ARX it felt good to have weights agian after a long recovery week!!!

hammondc
07-19-2011, 07:58 AM
Oh yeah...phase 2 is where the fun starts. I have Max Interval Plyo today.

sofaman
07-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Just finished MAX Interval Circuit for the first time and WOW!!! I havent pushed myself that hard in years Shawn T realy brings out the best in you and pushes you harder than you thaught was possiable!!!

hammondc
07-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Just finished MAX Interval Circuit for the first time and WOW!!! I havent pushed myself that hard in years Shawn T realy brings out the best in you and pushes you harder than you thaught was possiable!!!

Love that one. The second set is my favorite. Whadja think of the floor kicks?

shilala
07-19-2011, 09:51 AM
I think you have a crush on Shawn T.
Lisa bagged the deal after a few weeks. It was destroying her old knees. She said if she could get ahold of Shawn T she'd tear his throat out, or something on those lines. lol
One good thing is that as soon as she bagged the insanity, she immediately started running again. Between the gym, running, and working out at home every day, I think she'll be just fine. She already is fine, ahh, you know what I mean. :D

Flounder
07-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Keep it up bro! I'm down 8lbs this week myself.

hammondc
07-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Took a break today. Hit it hard Thursday-Tuesday. PLUS...I had to drive 400 miles for work. NOT feeling it.

Flounder
07-20-2011, 10:29 PM
My break night was last night. HArd to get back on the horse tonight, but I did, and added .3 miles to my 30 minute bike time, putting me over 12 miles in 30 mins.

sofaman
07-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Love that one. The second set is my favorite. Whadja think of the floor kicks?

They were awsome:tu I love the way these Insanity workouts are working my lower abs and obliques! I just finished MAX Cardio and Conditioning another great workout and calorie burn. Still havent done Max Plyo yet thats on the schedule for Sat morning cant wait to do it. Tomorrow morning I am going to do Insanity upper body weight training:tu

sofaman
07-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Did MAX Interval Plyo for the first time this morning, What a workout!!! I know I earned my recovery drink today!!!

hammondc
07-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Did MAX Interval Plyo for the first time this morning, What a workout!!! I know I earned my recovery drink today!!!

THat is my favorite of all the Insanity / P90X workouts.

I have P90X Chest, Bi's, Tri's today.

sofaman
07-25-2011, 04:13 AM
THat is my favorite of all the Insanity / P90X workouts.

I have P90X Chest, Bi's, Tri's today.

I realy liked it also :tu But it wasent what I was expecting I thaught Plyo alot of jumping and leg work I was suprised with all the pushups and upper body work in a good way :D

sofaman
08-02-2011, 08:02 AM
I am in week 7 of my Hybrid now and this morning I started my day with MAX Interval Circuit, I love this workout Shawn T realy knows how to push you to your limit!!!

hammondc
08-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Back in it after a couple weeks off for Triathlon training / taper. Oh yeah...feel the burn.

sofaman
08-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Back in it after a couple weeks off for Triathlon training / taper. Oh yeah...feel the burn.

Awsome I just knocked out MAX Plyo and I start week 10 of my Hybrid Monday :noon:noon:noon

sofaman
08-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Braught it hard to Max Interval Circuit this morning :tu

yourchoice
08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Plyometrics for me today. It still sucks! (in a good way :D)

I haven't invested in the Insanity discs yet. Have a friend that did it and said it rocks. Thinking about it. :hm

sofaman
08-25-2011, 06:27 AM
This Morning I knocked out Max Cardio & Conditioning:D

irratebass
08-25-2011, 06:49 AM
:tu

Down 26 pounds so far.....next weigh in is in 2 days

hammondc
08-29-2011, 10:36 AM
OH YEAH!!! Max Cardio Interval today. Incredibly, I can say that after doing insanity for over a year now, these workouts are starting to get easy.

sofaman
08-30-2011, 08:59 AM
OH YEAH!!! Max Cardio Interval today. Incredibly, I can say that after doing insanity for over a year now, these workouts are starting to get easy.

I hpe I get to that point some day but now I am happy that I do better than anyone in the video :tu

This morning I did Max Interval Circuit I have 2 more weeks left in this hybrid next up is a round of Asylum

sofaman
09-04-2011, 07:37 AM
I crushed Max Interval Plyo today!!! Monday I start week 12 of my Hybrid then its off to the Asylum!!!

sofaman
09-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Today will be my last Max Interval Circuit workout for this round so I am going to bring it as hard as possiable!!!

hammondc
09-06-2011, 06:39 AM
then its off to the Asylum!!!

I'll be awaiting your reviews....

sofaman
09-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Yesterday was day 1 of the Asylum and WOW I thaught I was in prety good shape after doing 2 months of Max Insanity workouts I was wrong!!! Day 1 was Speed & Agility its very fast paced with alot of complex moves its going to take some time to get these all down. Today I am going todo Strength I will let you know how it goes!

sofaman
09-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Well I made it through my first week of the Asylum, After doing a round of P90X and a round of Insanity I thaught I was in prety good shape I was wrong!!! Shawn T realy brings up the intencity in the Asylum, Its fast paced with a lot of new moves you dont see in Insanity you realy need to dig deep and bring it!!! I am loving it so far

hammondc
09-27-2011, 07:33 AM
I may have to check it out later this fall. I am in a strength training routine right now.

hammondc
10-14-2011, 10:02 AM
3rd week of a new hybrid program. Starting to see some results. hit chest and back really hard today. Actually got a but nauseas towards the end.

my program
Sunday: Max Plyo
Monday:Chest /Shoulder/ Tri
Tuesday:Max Cardio Circuit
Wednesay: Bi /Back
Thursday: off
Friday: Chest / Back
Saturday: Tempo run - 6+ miles

sofaman
10-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Finished Asylum yesterday with the final fit test and I am blown away with the progress I have made! The Asylum was a TOUGH but it was also alot of fun and a nice change of pace from P90X and Insanity I highly recomend it:tu Now I am going to take the rest of the week off to heal up and start a 2 month Hybrid on Monday to get ready for X2 :D

sofaman
11-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Its been a whle since I have posted here I am now in my 2nd week of my Hybrid getting ready for X2 Today I just finished my abb only day of Insane Abs followed by Abb Ripper X

sofaman
11-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Braught the burn with Max Interval Circuit this morning:tu

kaisersozei
11-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Cardio Power & Resistance today--each week I'm mixing 2 Insanity workouts, 2 P90X workouts, yoga, and one of Tony Horton's 'Warrior' routines (full body circuit training), in preparation for P90X2 :ze

sofaman
11-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Cardio Power & Resistance today--each week I'm mixing 2 Insanity workouts, 2 P90X workouts, yoga, and one of Tony Horton's 'Warrior' routines (full body circuit training), in preparation for P90X2 :ze

I am preping for X2 also with 2 Insanity Max workouts, 3 P90X workouts and 2 ab only days Insane abs followed by Ab RipperX a week :tu

forgop
01-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Bump...

I just picked this up at Sams Club for just under $180 w/ tax. Seemed like a great deal with the stand included. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod4350132&searchTerm=weider%20speed

Time to hit P90X and will follow up with Insanity after that likely.