PDA

View Full Version : Moving Soon - No Forwarding To New Address

Tyler
04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I was not sure where to put this so please move it if it does not belong here.

As some of you may know I am a college student. I am moving home for the summer this Thursday and when I return I will be at a different address. Any mail sent to this address will not be forwarded to me and I will not receive it. I will be happy to give you my address for the summer or my new one for next year. I just wanted to let you guys know in case someone was planning to bomb me again in the future as the cigars would go to waste. I am pretty sure that whoever moves in here next would accept the cigars with a smile and politely not return them to you haha. Thanks for reading this and sorry if I posted in the wrong place. -(P

emopunker2004
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
use the rolodex too Tyler. Put your home address in there til you move back to school

Tyler
04-29-2011, 04:28 PM
use the rolodex too Tyler. Put your home address in there til you move back to school

Rolodex?

Ogre
04-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Rolodex?

Send your info to Pnoon. He is the keeper of the Rolodex. Update it with him when you change addresses.

replicant_argent
04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
You can also have Peter block your address from being given out if you choose, another simple PM to him.

Tyler
04-29-2011, 04:43 PM
I had no idea we had this going on. Thanks fellas. So if people want someones address they just have to PM Pnoon or is there a place on the site? So if I send it to him he will forward it to all who ask or is there certain criteria? Sorry for the questions I just don't like handing out my address over the internet to random people.

Ogre
04-29-2011, 04:48 PM
You have to be on the CA for a while before gaining access to the Rolodex, so not just anyone has access. But, if you want an address yours has to be in it. All exchanges are done through PMs. Here is the link to the rules.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22634

pnoon
04-29-2011, 04:54 PM

As some of you may know I am a college student. I am moving home for the summer this Thursday and when I return I will be at a different address. Any mail sent to this address will not be forwarded to me and I will not receive it. I will be happy to give you my address for the summer or my new one for next year. I just wanted to let you guys know in case someone was planning to bomb me again in the future as the cigars would go to waste. I am pretty sure that whoever moves in here next would accept the cigars with a smile and politely not return them to you haha. Thanks for reading this and sorry if I posted in the wrong place. -(P

General Discussion is where I am moving this.

pnoon
04-29-2011, 04:55 PM
I had no idea we had this going on. Thanks fellas. So if people want someones address they just have to PM Pnoon or is there a place on the site? So if I send it to him he will forward it to all who ask or is there certain criteria? Sorry for the questions I just don't like handing out my address over the internet to random people.

It's all explained in various sticky threads.

shark
04-29-2011, 05:14 PM
All of these college students here! I feel like an OOOOLLLLLDDD man! ;)

T.G
04-29-2011, 05:14 PM

In addition to letting people here know about the new addresses, why not just fill out a change of address forum with the USPS? If you do that, they'll forward all mail that has your name on it to the new address, in this case your home, then in a few months, you can put in an update to that change of address and they will forward from your old address directly to your new college address.

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s1 or print it and take it in to the PO. The PO will also have forms that you can fill out there rather than printing out the form.

whodeeni
04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
In addition to letting people here know about the new addresses, why not just fill out a change of address forum with the USPS? If you do that, they'll forward all mail that has your name on it to the new address, in this case your home, then in a few months, you can put in an update to that change of address and they will forward from your old address directly to your new college address.

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s1 or print it and take it in to the PO. The PO will also have forms that you can fill out there rather than printing out the form.

Good suggestion Adam

T.G
04-29-2011, 06:21 PM

Bah. I accidentally hit the IMG button rather than the URL button, that 2nd paragraph was supposed to read something like this:

You can fill out the change of address form on line (https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s1) or print it and take it in to the PO. The PO will also have forms that you can fill out there rather than printing out the form.

pektel
04-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Get your bombs out quick, boys! :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Tyler
04-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Bah. I accidentally hit the IMG button rather than the URL button, that 2nd paragraph was supposed to read something like this:

You can fill out the change of address form on line (https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s1) or print it and take it in to the PO. The PO will also have forms that you can fill out there rather than printing out the form.

Does this cost money? I looked and didn't see anything saying it did or did not cost money. I just didn't know if you had personal experience with it.

Get your bombs out quick, boys! :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Please no lol. I have way too many cigars and pipes as it is. It will take me years to smoke all of these haha.

kaisersozei
04-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Does this cost money? I looked and didn't see anything saying it did or did not cost money. I just didn't know if you had personal experience with it.

Change of address? It's free. Unless you pay taxes, then it costs an arm & a leg, but you can tell the post office you're moving as often as you like.

pektel
04-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Fun thing to do: go to the post office and grab one of those forms. Fill out the name/address of someone you don't like. Then fill out where you want his mail to go. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

emopunker2004
04-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Fun thing to do: go to the post office and grab one of those forms. Fill out the name/address of someone you don't like. Then fill out where you want his mail to go. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Have a feeling that could be counted as tampering with the mail and thus a federeal crime...

just sayin...

Average Joe
04-29-2011, 09:41 PM
You can do it online for $1.

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e2s1

T.G
04-29-2011, 09:46 PM

It doesn't cost you anything to do if you use the paper form at the post office. Your mail that goes to the old address will probably take a few days longer to get to you since it will go all the way to your old delivery PO before they re-route it and things like catalogs are not forwarded, but that's it.

pektel
04-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Have a feeling that could be counted as tampering with the mail and thus a federeal crime...

just sayin...

It was a joke :)
Posted via Mobile Device

emopunker2004
04-29-2011, 10:15 PM
It was a joke :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I know but doesn't mean everyone does:D

pektel
04-29-2011, 10:24 PM
True. I probably shouldn't assume that.
Posted via Mobile Device