PDA

View Full Version : Tat PCR double wrapper experiment

Patrick B
04-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Sitting around smoking some great sticks today at the weekly Jungle Jim's herf (Viaje Tower Exclusivo for me, Elderboy02 was enjoying a Black CG!) and I decided to try a little experiment. I ever so carefully, and with the help of a pocket knife and a little water, removed the wrapper from one PCR and added it to another. It turned out way better than I thought looks-wise and I think it will smoke just fine. It's currently drying out a bit and we are going to fire it up at next week's event.

The PCR with no wrapper smoked just fine, but you could really tell something was missing flavor wise. I'll report back with a little review once I smoke it.

TBone
04-21-2011, 11:28 PM
:np

Patrick B
04-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Imagine a regular PCR but 1/200th of an inch thicker. :)

Eleven
04-21-2011, 11:32 PM
lol. Spending too much time watching Sam Leccia in action huh!

Patrick B
04-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Ha, I have seen him in action and saw Jeff, his replacement for the Studio Tobac tour, in action Tuesday. Been thinking about doing this for months but just now acted on it.

elderboy02
04-22-2011, 04:57 AM
I can't wait to fire this up. It looked just like a regular PCR when you were finished with it. :tu

nofeardiver
04-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Ha, I have seen him in action and saw Jeff, his replacement for the Studio Tobac tour, in action Tuesday. Been thinking about doing this for months but just now acted on it.

You mean Bryan, Bryan is the one doing all the rolling now, he actually does it a little different than sam use to do it, Bryan bunches, rolls, and presses right there at the table, its pretty sweet to watch... Sam allready had most everything togeather he just had to put the wrapper on....

Patrick B
04-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Yep, met Jeff and Bryan at the same time and got em switched. Thanks.

The little Cheroots that Bryan was rolling up for us had amazing flavors. Buttered popcorn!!

Aero95
04-22-2011, 08:19 AM
The cigar looks tasty man. Dan and I were just watching like two school kids in a candy store. Let me know how it turns out Patrick!!

nofeardiver
04-22-2011, 08:22 AM
nice yeah he rolled me one when he was in tampa but cant bring myself to smoke it, he said it was his blend from when he was in Nica. i also have two from Sam, i am then same about those, just cant do it, they look sweet though...

BengalMan
04-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Patrick you should see the stuff Bryan and I were putting together (well, he was putting them together, I was just throwing ideas out there).

-Straight Esteli Ligero, Cain F binder, Daytona wrapper
-Straight Esteli Ligero, Cain F binder, San Andreas Maduro wrapper
-Straight Esteli Ligero, Cain F binder, Cain F wrapper

Things got interesting in Columbus to say the least, lol.

whodeeni
04-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Keep us posted!

Patrick B
04-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Fun stuff, Ian. Elderboy was telling us about driving home after smoking almost all that Toro that Bryan rolled. He was tore up! :)

elderboy02
04-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Fun stuff, Ian. Elderboy was telling us about driving home after smoking almost all that Toro that Bryan rolled. He was tore up! :)

Oh hell, that wasn't fun. I had my one arm supporting my head and the other steering.

BengalMan
04-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Oh hell, that wasn't fun. I had my one arm supporting my head and the other steering.

Umm, didn't you say that it was "weak"?

So much for that. :rolleyes:

elderboy02
04-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Umm, didn't you say that it was "weak"?

So much for that. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was f'ing with Bryan. I said "Man, this is weak, like a Davidoff" He knew I was joking and laughed his a$$ off :r

alfredo_buscatti
04-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Sitting around smoking some great sticks today at the weekly Jungle Jim's herf (Viaje Tower Exclusivo for me, Elderboy02 was enjoying a Black CG!) and I decided to try a little experiment. I ever so carefully, and with the help of a pocket knife and a little water, removed the wrapper from one PCR and added it to another. It turned out way better than I thought looks-wise and I think it will smoke just fine. It's currently drying out a bit and we are going to fire it up at next week's event.

The PCR with no wrapper smoked just fine, but you could really tell something was missing flavor wise. I'll report back with a little review once I smoke it.

What did you use for glue? I've tried a thick pectin paste, and although it held together the very bad fissure of wrapper and binder, when it burned it tasted awful.

Patrick B
04-24-2011, 06:18 AM
I only had water with me so I didn't really use any glue. It seems like it will smoke okay but we'll see what happens.

Patrick B
04-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Interesting results that REALLY showed how much a wrapper effects flavor. The cigar was very sweet, enough to cover up the good spiciness that's typically present. I'd have to say the cigar with a single wrapper was way better. I would have thought this would have made a dynamite smoking experience, but the extra wrapper made it totally unbalanced.

Patrick B
04-28-2011, 08:10 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/sc6q9f.jpg