PDA

View Full Version : Capoeira Aluno

kaelaria
04-20-2011, 10:03 PM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/ca/20110415ca0001-edit.jpg

This 5.5×64 maduro stick features a tightly packed, firm dark brown wrapper, some small and medium veins, tight seams, a very oily sheen with a soft toothless feel and a cocoa powder aroma. First light reveals very unique flavors! Medium bodied it gives an oily, VERY chewy, slightly salty and meaty taste, with an earth core. The finish has some pepper but no zing or spice kick. The first third continues with all the same qualities, ramping up the body to full. The draw is perfect, smoke output is huge and the burn is very good. 25 minutes in the 2nd third shows no further changes, just continuing with a full on flavor assault forcing me to slow down a bit, taking no more than 2 draws per minute. 50 minutes in by the start of the last third, no flavor changes had occurred but the strength was creeping up. Ending at 1:05 where it got too hot for my taste, the whole stick proved to be very consistant in blend with no further changes.
Video on the site

HollywoodQue
04-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the review

kaelaria
04-21-2011, 07:25 AM
I typoed the size it's a 46!

dave
03-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the review. I'm about a third of the way into a Capoeira torp right now and it is great. Way better than expected. I've enjoyed the coronas mostly in the past, but don't remember having had a torp. Found this one at bottom of a cooler. No idea how long it sat, but I will say that it is as good as a few maduros costing 3 and 4 times as much.