PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Boutique Cigar Brands?

JohnnyFlake
04-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Which are your favorite boutique cigar brands?

What is that you really like about those brands?

Which is your favorite shaped cigar within those brands?

MurphysLaw
04-18-2011, 11:55 AM
One of my favorites that doesn't get a lot of attention is 13th Floor. The foundation series robusto is a great stick, very complex and consistent. I've been meaning to snag a box of these, just haven't had the funds available for a while.

thebayratt
04-18-2011, 12:06 PM
262 BP Toro Paradigm is great!
Cromagnums are pretty darn good also!

They have a pretty unique flavor to them. Definately worth a try! If either one of them makes a few more core/LE lines, mark my words, they will be the next Viaje.

CigarNut
04-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Guillen (Reserva Miraflor, Goviado), Esencia, and Illusione

Ranger_B
04-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I have been smoking a ton of the cromagnums lately. I really like the nuckle dragger. Viaje has yet to make something that I have not liked. Not everything they have made has been super great but still very consistent. Panacea Green label is another great cigar. I like how the boutiques really seem to concentrate on flavor even if they are hard to come by sometimes.

loki
04-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Far and away 262

kelmac07
04-18-2011, 12:25 PM
262's are great...just wish they took still took Mastercard. :bh :bh

T.G
04-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Tatuaje, because the LEs are so exclusive, even Pete can't get them. :noon :noon :noon

Skywalker
04-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Tatuaje, because the LEs are so exclusive, even Pete can't get them. :noon :noon :noon

:tu

RevSmoke
04-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Here's a question for you, what makes a brand a boutique cigar?

Is it number of cigar produced per year (kind of like micro-breweries -vs- craft breweries -vs- breweries)?

Is it length of time they've been producing cigars? If so, what's the magic number that takes them from boutique brand to the next classification?

During the cigar boom in the mid '90s, there were many new brands that showed up on the scene, most of these were considered boutique brands. Some were called such for size, and all were called such because of their newness to the business.

Things are not the same as they were in the '90s, but you still might say that there is a greater number of cigar smokers than there were before the '90s. To my estimation, there was an increase of smokers a few years ago, but is that number decreasing? It appears that as the number of places you can smoke indoors decreases, the number of smokers decreases in the same proportion. So, how long will this latest uptick in the number of cigar smokers last? Who can say. Will all the new brands that are out there today last through this current increase in premium cigar consumption? (And there are a bunch of new ones out there in the last few years)

So, before I say what my favorites boutique brands are, I guess I'd like to know which brand are boutique and which ones are not. I'd hate to call something a boutique brand which is not, I might insult someone by calling them a boutique brand when they are not.

Thanks for the consideration.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

T.G
04-18-2011, 01:53 PM
I've never seen a hard definition Rev., boutique cigar brand is generally applied to small operations with lower output numbers. It seems though that most of the brands that it is applied to currently produce a few hundred thousand sticks a year or less.

Just post up what you feel qualifies and don't worry about it. I doubt that any of the manufacturers would be insulted by you thinking they were boutique when they might not be.