PDA

View Full Version : storing in 5 finger bag question

pektel
04-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Don't know why this has been bothering me as of late. But I have some rather nice sticks that I only have singles of (CoRo, 01 CoLa, 98 Charlotte, 98 puch dc's and 98 punch coronas, etc.) that may not die by fire soon. Also have my Viaje S&B's in the bags too. They are all stored in 5 finger bags for damage protection and easy labeling.

My question is: Is it bad to store them this way for an extended amount of time? Just don't want to ruin good sticks.

Thanks!

markem
04-15-2011, 10:49 AM
No problems at all. Whether you leave the top open or closed is also a matter of preference and whether or not you want more humidity exchange on the sticks.

kaisersozei
04-15-2011, 11:00 AM
:tpd:

I have lots of cigars in 5f-bags in my cooler, never been a problem. I leave the tops unzipped.

awsmith4
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
I've never had any issue with the ones I have store in bags either

T.G
04-15-2011, 11:14 AM
No problems at all. Whether you leave the top open or closed is also a matter of preference and whether or not you want more humidity exchange on the sticks.

Mark is wise (for a banned guy).

markem
04-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Mark is wise (for a banned guy).

I've been informed by many that my ass is especially wise ... at least they keep mentioning my wise ass.

wayner123
04-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Don't know why this has been bothering me as of late. But I have some rather nice sticks that I only have singles of (CoRo, 01 CoLa, 98 Charlotte, 98 puch dc's and 98 punch coronas, etc.) that may not die by fire soon. Also have my Viaje S&B's in the bags too. They are all stored in 5 finger bags for damage protection and easy labeling.

My question is: Is it bad to store them this way for an extended amount of time? Just don't want to ruin good sticks.

Thanks!

I found a thread that had almost your exact title:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1037051&highlight=bags#post1037051

BTW, bags are great for storing. MRN stores his crusty old cigars in them.

I just realized you asked nearly the same question then as well.

pektel
04-15-2011, 02:35 PM
That was my previous thread. I guess then I was primarily concerned with keeping them in there for a week or 2. Now I may be storing them for up to a year or more in them.

pektel
04-15-2011, 02:52 PM
And, it looks like someone answered this particular question in the first post of that thread. *facepalm*

NCRadioMan
04-15-2011, 03:54 PM
And, it looks like someone answered this particular question in the first post of that thread. *facepalm*

That's why I am adding that I agree with all above and that you, the OP, shouldn't have any problems.

:hy