PDA

View Full Version : Padron 1964 Anniversary SI-15 Natural

kaelaria
04-14-2011, 10:13 PM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/psi15n/20110330padronsi150007-edit.jpg

This is a special edition 6×60 cigar produced by Padron exclusively sold through Smoke Inn to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Smoke Inn. It is an extremely limited production cigar likely to sellout in a matter of weeks after it goes on sale in the middle of April, 2011. This is the natural, a twin to a maduro version also released at the same time with equal scarcity. It offers a medium brown wrapper with a soft buttery feel, the color being a bit splotchy in areas. It has minimal veins, tight invisible seams, an even slightly spongy construction and a very mild cedar and tobacco scent. First light reveals medium-full body flavors of a very peppery, dry tobacco with a good bit of spice on the long finish. Smoke output is thick rich and very voluminous, with a loose easy draw. The first third bring big earth and pepper flavors with a smooth tobacco core and deep long finish. 35 minutes in near the end of the first third it transitions, going down to a medium body with still a smooth tobacco core but bringing a nice cream in replacing the earthiness and much of the pepper. 45 minutes in starting the 2nd third flavors change to a big cream and licorice kick with undertones of the smooth tobacco. 1:20 in the last third begins pulling all the previous flavors together in one smooth blend. The body is back up to medium-full but with no strength kick unlike it’s maduro twin had. Ending at 1:45 where it got too hot for me, the last bit showed no further changes. Video on the site

SteveH
04-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Interesting, thanks for the review !

shadow king
04-24-2011, 09:24 AM
In your opinion which is better, the Natural or Maduro? I am going to get a box of these for sure but can't decide on which. But deeeep down I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying both anyways...:r

HollywoodQue
04-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks...I go for the maduro

Blueface
04-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Smoked one last Sunday.
Was afraid to at first.
It is massive.
However, in the Anni tradition, it was a great smoke to the nub.

kaelaria
04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
I prefer the Padrons in Maduro