PDA

View Full Version : The Nestor Miranda Art Deco is a mind-blowing smoke!

Lexxxus
04-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Bought a 5 pack of the Robusto Grande from my buddies at Atlantic Cigar (Paul recommended this one) and I must say it was one of the best new cigars I have ever smoked.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/getdynamicimage.aspx?path=Robusto-Grande15451.jpg&width=600&height=600

Shape: Robusto
Size: 5 1/2 x 54
Strength: Medium - Full
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Type: Nicaraguan Corojo
Color: Colorado
Binder / Filler: Dominican Republic, Nicaraguan / Dominican Republic, Nicaraguan
Grade: HLF
Blender: Don Pepin Garcia

At $128 for a box of 21 or $33 for a 5 pack sampler I highly recommend this smoke.

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical with the name, the 50's Diner-Retro label and thought it might be just a "flash in the pan" smoke. I was not expecting Gorgeous construction, perfect draw and a white-grey hornet's nest of an ash that clung to an inch and a half before dropping off to reveal a perfect cherry.

The cigar burns with an eerie lava-red that looks almost neon... Never seen that before as most cigars burn orange.

The taste is full with leather, Brazil nut and hints of wheat and pepper. Not all harsh and despite the blazing red burn it was not a hot smoke at all.

It's big too and while I only smoked to about 1 & 1/2 inches it did not sour get acidic. The wrapped stayed completely intact, wth no peeling or even a hint of unraveling. The gorgeous band slipped off without any drama.

I would rate this cigar a 90+ and am actually surprised that that Aficionado has not yet reviewed this wonderful cigar.

Paul and his brothers at Atlantic never fail to amaze me with their rock-solid recommendations, their great pricing, perfect shipping and overall customer service. If you buy mail-order and have not dealt with A.C. yet, you are missing out.

I'm going to have another Art Deco tonite with one of my smoking buddies and get his opinion and make sure I'm not just "blowing smoke" with this mini-review. I can only imagine how good this stick will get with a little box-time. If my second one tastes this good I will not hesitate to buy a box of either these or the smaller "Coffee Break" size (4.5" x 50) and just let them sit.

OK, sit on a few and smoke the rest!

W

FelonyRuckus
04-09-2011, 04:35 PM
i've smoked a box of these already, and I have to agree with your review. I was a bit skeptical because of the name and the "decor" of it all being a 20's-30's feel. I'm glad I tried it because it actually is a good smoke and I would do one everyday if i had a chance.

Lexxxus
04-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Yes, the 2nd one was just as good... and that's not just the rum talking.

Patrick B
04-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Great smoke. If you haven't tried the other goodies by Miami Cigar do yourself a favor and try the Guillermo Leon Signature and the La Aurora 107 both in the corona size.

Nice review!

kelmac07
04-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Nice review...might have to hut one of these down. :tu

Lexxxus
04-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Great smoke. If you haven't tried the other goodies by Miami Cigar do yourself a favor and try the La Aurora 107

Love the Aurora 107!

I smoked 5 of the robustos in the past month... ordering more.

Miami Cigar Co.
04-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Glad to hear you guys like these.
Always love to hear your thoughts, good or bad.