PDA

View Full Version : Machine Made Wonders...?

dwoodward
04-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I was at the gas station the other day and saw a guy buy 4 or 5 of the Garcia Vega "Game" machine mades and walk out, and that made me think. Firstly, do the foil pouches these come in actually help keep the cigar from drying out?

But the 2nd wonder I had was even more curious. What do you suppose one of these would taste like if you ordered a package online from a reputable company that has kept them in their properly humidified warehouses, and then immediately placed it in your own humidor for a 5 or 6 month resting.

Do you suppose it might turn into a decent quick smoke? Or do you think that gas station cigars will always be gas station cigars, no matter the circumstances?

(Wrong section sorry, mod please move? thanks!)

markem
04-07-2011, 05:46 PM
There is an accessory discussion in there? :r

Emjaysmash
04-07-2011, 05:48 PM
I think gas station cigars will remain that way, even if you humidify them.

Can't change the homogenized tobacco or the scraps they fill em up with.

T.G
04-07-2011, 05:51 PM
The foil pouch is only part of it. The cigars are also treated with glycol to keep them moist.

Yeah, you could put them in your humidor, but it really won't make much difference with the hermetically sealed foil pouch and glycol.

As for being a good smoke, tastes vary. Even though they aren't 100% tobacco, and most of the tobacco in them is HTL, I know people who enjoy them alongside their handmade cigars.

bobarian
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Crap is crap. Proper storage will only yield well stored crap. :sh

weak_link
04-07-2011, 09:41 PM
I used to live in a really bad neighborhood where the local liquor store had a razor blade on a string so the customers could slice it open to remove the crappy tobac and fill with a product more to their liking.
Like Bob said, crap is crap.

Chavez
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I was in a situation about 6 months ago where a friend offered me a machine made. He knew I was a cigar smoker and had gotten a fresh box. I appreciated the gesture and didn't want to offend him by telling him that I only smoke premium cigars. Needless to say the sweet tip and acrid chemical taste that took my mouth by hostage was just too much. I took one draw and quickly found an excuse to immediately remove myself from the situation.

Lesson learned and never again... :su

DTM
04-08-2011, 05:59 PM

:tu

N2 GOLD
04-08-2011, 06:02 PM

Well said, spoken like a true scholar... :tu

TonySmith
04-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I've tried a couple of different Garcia y Vega 5 packs, waste of money :2

Now some of the cc machine mades are decent especiallyfor the money

borndead1
04-09-2011, 10:15 AM
There are still a few decent machine made 100% tobacco cigars. Most gas stations don't carry them though, unless the station is in the region where the cigars are produced.

dvickery
04-09-2011, 03:10 PM
15 or so years ago...from a seven/eleven(gas station) i bought an ryj belvedere...thus beginning an (ongoing) love affair with anything called "belvedere".

derrek :hm

mfarre03
04-20-2011, 04:19 AM
I was dying for a cigar (empty humidor) and told my buddy to pick me up something...well he came back with the Garcia Vega's in glass tubes? These were un-smokeable. For some reason the damn things tasted like Windex. I tried a couple but just couldn't get past the taste, who the heck can smoke this crap??? LOL